Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
FightLite / ARES SCR Pics (Page 33 of 45)
Page / 45
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 8:14:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Regal_T-type:
something I have run into with these sights,  even with the front sight post cranked all the way it still shoots a tad high.  do they make different posts for these sights?
View Quote
I don't think so, you might try a taller AR sight post, but you'll probably have to shorten the threads to get it to thread in far enough.

When i was fitting up the Chaos USA diopter sights to my .45 SBR I had to weld up the front post and then profile it back down to the right height.

Is it possible your rail is drooping a bit when tightened down?  Is the barrel well centered vertically?
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 8:56:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Regal_T-type] [#2]
the cz sight appears to have nearly twice the tpi compared to AR.  Rail and barrel are perfectly strait
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 9:46:09 AM EDT
[#3]
the cz sight appears to have nearly twice the tpi compared to AR.  Rail and barrel are perfectly strait
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:56:31 AM EDT
[#4]
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/xq90/921/U2LTIL.jpg

Happy now!? Imma go re-zero
View Quote
I was asking about actual experience with them... not pointing out they were backwards...

I didn't actually know they were backwards...
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Wandering_minstrel:

I was asking about actual experience with them... not pointing out they were backwards...

I didn't actually know they were backwards...
View Quote
The height of the sights are perfect for a comfortable cheek weld, however I tend to shoot a bit high with them.

could it be the ballistics of the 5.56 round?  Could it be improper sight picture? Riddle me this batman.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 10:20:16 PM EDT
[#6]
My fightlight build is nearly complete.  Sadly the front handguard hasn't quite left the prototype stage.  I wouldn't know what to do with wood if I had it in my hand.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/xq90/923/Hw5sJe.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/xq90/924/7DKn8Y.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/xq90/923/Un5Oe5.jpg
View Quote
That is a sharp little rifle you got there. Looking forward to seeing the finished hand guard.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 11:10:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By FightLite:

Well, tell that to the guy who just paid $25-30K for a Transferable M16A1 with similar visible forging offsets and let me know if we're still at "Cadillac pricing". If you can't afford our products or don't think that they bring enough value to the table for the price at which they're available, then there are plenty of other firearms in the marketplace for your consideration. It's a free market and we're staunch supporters of it. Our products are 100% Designed and Made in USA by US Citizens and that commitment caries a price with it.
View Quote
Pretty sure those same US Citizens were using the same US parts to make the same SCR rifle back when it was more reasonably priced. Why not just admit you guys undervalued the rifle’s earning potential and adjusted the price to maximize profits?
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 1:37:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Fightlite hasn't posted on this forum since before Halloween - I doubt they care about your post.
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#9]
My fightlight build is nearly complete.  Sadly the front handguard hasn't quite left the prototype stage.  I wouldn't know what to do with wood if I had it in my hand.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/xq90/923/Hw5sJe.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/xq90/924/7DKn8Y.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/xq90/923/Un5Oe5.jpg
View Quote
Reminds me of Mannlicher style stock.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:29:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SCR556] [#10]
Anyone heard anything about the iron sights?
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SCR556:
Anyone heard anything about the iron sights?
View Quote
What do you mean "heard anything"?

I have the Ares/Fightlite OEM sights for my SCR and they're basically standard irons but at the correct height. They're spendy but good quality. They clamp onto the front gas block, I've heard some people have had issues with allignment, but I personally haven't. I've bugged them for about 2 years about a railed front sight only to be told "coming soon".
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 3:07:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Rontalvos:

I have the Ares/Fightlite OEM sights for my SCR and they're basically standard irons but at the correct height. They're spendy but good quality. They clamp onto the front gas block, I've heard some people have had issues with allignment, but I personally haven't. I've bugged them for about 2 years about a railed front sight only to be told "coming soon".
View Quote
Why not grab the CZ Evo sights?
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 1:43:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Fyrpower1972:

View Quote
At the time I couldn't find a source for the new-style sights, and although the old style sights were available and cheap, a few people said the aperture was super tiny and needed to be drilled out.

I liked the idea of OEM sights but it was kind of a pain in the ass. Since the front sight clamps on, I can't do a monolithic handguard unless it's pretty short.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 1:11:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 4:53:00 AM EDT
[#15]
The drum mag is ridiculous but it's a very cool rifle.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 11:14:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Rontalvos:

View Quote
I ordered mine when the company was still called Ares Defense...still waiting...
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 11:15:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SCR556] [#17]
Originally Posted By Fyrpower1972:

View Quote
That would mean buying another upper (or adding a full length hand guard with a rail) - makes those backup irons a bit more expensive.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 2:28:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#18]
Just chillin'

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 6:49:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By MRW:
I really like that one on the left
View Quote
I definitely love my straight-stock one, but if I needed one for something going bump in the night, I'd probably grab the other one.

Because of the heavier barrel and handguard, as well as the light/switch, the second one is a little easier to control.  Though, for the same reasons, the straight-stock one is a little handier.  Plus, it's far less conspicuous.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 8:14:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: garr] [#21]
View Quote
Very Nice!
Where did you get the stock & Handguard inserts?
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 11:11:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#22]
Originally Posted By garr:
Very Nice!
Where did you get the stock & Handguard inserts?
View Quote
Stock is from a Remington 1100 Special Field.  I bought it off of Ebay, but there are retailers that sell straight/English stocks for 1100's.  Took just a small amount of modification to fit.  Some of them come with solid butt plates, while others come with rubber butt pads.  This one came with the former, but I cut it down to reduce the LOP and straighten the pitch (angle of the butt to the bore; it is now roughly perpendicular), and then installed a grind-to-fit Limbsaver.  It's a bit too soft and sticky for a rifle, so I may replace it.

The M-Lok panels are from Megiddo Tactical Group (they either used to be Black Sheep Warrior or BSW was absorbed into MTG) in their "Natural Macarta" color.  I have 4-section panels and parts of their grip stop kits on there.  They are really nice, but tend to be out of stock.

In the above picture, both rifles were cooling from being sighted in (one had new rings; the other had a never been sighted before) and putting 50 rounds each through them.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 9:27:37 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
I like the one on the right too..... nice Balios Light handguard! (it is an early version too with the inletting around the mlok slots)
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 3:39:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#24]
Originally Posted By dag34:
nice Balios Light handguard! (it is an early version too with the inletting around the mlok slots)
View Quote
Good eye.  It is, indeed.  I bought it here from another member who knew that it was special, but didn't have a project to use it in.  Said he would rather see it being used than sitting on his shelf.  He actually sold it to me for a very reasonable price, too.

That said, it might end up on a different upper, since I'm thinking of swapping it for a 10" BL rail (Gen I, but unlikely to find an early one) or a 9" Seekins NOXs on this build.  With a straight stock on an SCR, I just don't shoot well reaching out that far.  It's possible, but I can control it better back a couple of inches.  Going with something shorter should complete the lever-action look.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 11:24:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SCR556] [#25]
Nice pair of rifles you have there. Is that a Vortex or Aimpoint on the rifle on the right?
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 12:21:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Thanks.  It's an OPMOD Vortex Strikefire II.  I may swap it for an Aimpoint eventually, but this works for now.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 9:27:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By CarpNY:
Thanks.  It's an OPMOD Vortex Strikefire II.  I may swap it for an Aimpoint eventually, but this works for now.
View Quote
I have the same optic (but not OPMOD version) on my SCR. I really like that it uses a standard ring mount and mounted mine using the lowest mount Vortex offers. I am quite happy with it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 7:51:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Meet the Caldaza Bayo CB-51 https://www.forgottenweapons.com/rifles/caldaza-bayo-cb-51/

Looks like an STG44 and an SCR had a love child.

Bet parts from one of these (buttstock, handguards, gas block) could be grafted. https://www.cdnnsports.com/gsg-stg-44-22lr-16-5-bbl-wood-stock-1-25rd-mag.html#.W5esA-hKjIU
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 8:00:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By coldblue:
For whom it may concern, I recently assembled a 24" barrel .224V with a 2' longer gas tube on a SCR lower my friend had delivered to his FFL from the FightLight factory in just one week. Sorry no pics yet, but the upper functioned 100% with that upper with the less expensive .224V ammo....and PRI magazines (6.8)...so in my experience, a SCR lower will function a 16" barrel upper, 20" and 24" .224V.
View Quote
Thanks for letting us all know.  It's appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 8:41:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#31]
I have the same optic (but not OPMOD version) on my SCR. I really like that it uses a standard ring mount and mounted mine using the lowest mount Vortex offers. I am quite happy with it.
View Quote
When you say "the lowest mount that Vortex offers" are you referring the "low" StrikeFire Tactical 30mm Ring?  That is 0.83" rail-to-center, which is actually lower than the "low" Precision Matched Rings or Pro Rings (both 0.87" rail-to-center.)  The Burris TAC-30 on my straight-stock SCR is in the "low" Hunter Rings, which are really the lowest at 0.75" rail-to-center.  However, I'm still not 100% confident in their durability with two rings, much less using just one on the StrikeFire II, so 0.83" is probably the best "low" choice for it.  Plus, the only reason that my scope works is that there is a milled out portion on the top of the 2A Balios Lite upper receiver just in front of the charging handle.  Otherwise, I think it might hit.

I have my StrikeFire II in a medium tactical ring (0.97" rail-to-center) (edit: In looking at the pics online, it may actually be the "high" ring, which is 1.18" rail-to-center.  I'll have to measure it.), which achieves an absolute co-witness with the Troy Micro sights.  With the cheek pad (I added dense foam under it to make it Monte Carlo height), it works pretty well.  Probably helps being a red dot, instead of a magnified scope.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 11:38:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By CarpNY:

When you say "the lowest mount that Vortex offers" are you referring the "low" StrikeFire Tactical 30mm Ring?
View Quote
It is the low profile 30mm TRL. I haven't measured it, but the gap between the red dot and the rail is very small.

...it may actually be the "high" ring, which is 1.18" rail-to-center.  I'll have to measure it.)[/color], which achieves an absolute co-witness with the Troy Micro sights.  With the cheek pad (I added dense foam under it to make it Monte Carlo height), it works pretty well.  Probably helps being a red dot, instead of a magnified scope.
View Quote
Yeah, your red dot looks to be mounted a bit higher than mine - but you have a pad on your's. If it were a scope, I would probably have to use higher rings.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 11:55:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SCR556] [#33]

Sorry for the link. My wife is using my computer and I haven't figured out how to post a pic using my tablet.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 7:10:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#34]
https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/non-ar-pattern-black-rifle-range-thread.1706442/#post-25537678
Sorry for the link. My wife is using my computer and I haven't figured out how to post a pic using my tablet.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Even with a GlockTalk account, it wouldn't let me look at the full-sized image.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 10:03:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By CarpNY:Even with a GlockTalk account, it wouldn't let me look at the full-sized image.
View Quote
How odd. Even not logged in, it would allow me to see the larger version.

Anyway, you can see that the Strikefire is mounted so low that the front lensecap almost touches the rail. I can get a great cheekweld when the sight is mounted this low.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#36]

How odd. Even not logged in, it would allow me to see the larger version.

Anyway, you can see that the Strikefire is mounted so low that the front lensecap almost touches the rail. I can get a great cheekweld when the sight is mounted this low.
View Quote
Nice!

I've thought about going with one of these for a long time:

Aimpoint 9000SC

Nothing particularly better about it than a regular Aimpoint, but somehow it just seems right for the SCR.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Looks like it sits low enough to do the job.

I just wish they weren't so high dollar.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 7:11:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Looks like it sits low enough to do the job.

I just wish they weren't so high dollar.
View Quote
Sport Optics has an 18% coupon code for Aimpoints right now.  Drops the 9000SC to $371.46 with free shipping.  Very tempted.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 8:54:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Man I really like these rifles
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 6:36:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 4:50:16 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
Good info (in your previous post.)  Man, that's a long barrel.  Is this a temporary setup?  Specifically, are you going to go with a longer hand guard to cover at least the gas tube?
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 7:42:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 7:54:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By coldblue:
...we going to machine an end piece that interfaces with the end of the URX and then steps down in transition to cover the gb...
View Quote
Nice!  Looking forward to seeing it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 4:21:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SCR556] [#45]
Nutnfancy recently did a review of the SCR. Despite it locking up, he gave it a positive review.

He is attributing the lockup to a bad round, but a few replies stated that "they had heard" that these rifles tend to jam. I have not experienced this issue or heard that this is a common problem.

Anyone else?
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 6:38:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Nope.  Thousands of rounds through two SCRs and never had anything like that happen.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Bushmaster1984:
Man I really like these rifles
View Quote
Same here.  Whenever I look at one, I fear my Mini-14 is getting jealous.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 8:27:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Thread was slipping back.  Came across this pic of one of Jessie James' licensed SCR variants:

Link Posted: 10/29/2018 12:03:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: goblue64LBZ] [#49]
Mines almost done, waiting on paint and cheek riser. 6.5 Grendel Faxon Match big gunner barrel with a Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x40mm. Been through a couple different rail options including a Foxtrot Mike and a RPR Mlok handguard. The FM HG had a full length rail that didnt allow the scope with medium rings and the RPR handguard even after being modified didnt tighten down on the barrel. Ended up with an Atlas S-one and milled the last rail section down so the scope will fit. The gas is turned off so it acts like a straight pull bolt action in case i want to hunt in PA. Over all weight with the suppressor and 5 rnds in the mag is 8.5 lbs.

Atlas S-one Handguard
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 12:05:35 PM EDT
[#50]

Fox Mike HG with Sig Scope, kind of a stock photo my LGS took.

RPR Handguard before and after multicam wrap
Page / 45
FightLite / ARES SCR Pics (Page 33 of 45)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top