Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 21
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I've got two more barrels and nitrided gas tubes inbound.

I went with Spikes gas tubes as they're 20% off and free shipping at AIM surplus. LABORDAY17 is the code.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 8:40:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I like bipods.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 8:57:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:24:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't know how long this is going to last, but Anderson has their M4 16" non-chrome lined barrels for $45, free shipping over $99 with code customer20.

$45 16" M4 parkerized barrel
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:38:06 AM EDT
[#5]
This is the first time I looked at this thread.  While I can appreciate everyone's wanting to try full auto, I do not know how you can afford to shoot a bump fire frequently.  I guess my experience shooting 3 rd burst and full auto proved to me I am wasting rounds since after 2 they normally miss.  But it is your money and your fun and it does look like fun.  I had to vote, "no they are stupid", but mine should have read; No they are not practical.  I am a cheap bastard.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:40:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Looks fun to me! Build details?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This is the first time I looked at this thread.  While I can appreciate everyone's wanting to try full auto, I do not know how you can afford to shoot a bump fire frequently.  I guess my experience shooting 3 rd burst and full auto proved to me I am wasting rounds since after 2 they normally miss.  But it is your money and your fun and it does look like fun.  I had to vote, "no they are stupid", but mine should have read; No they are not practical.  I am a cheap bastard.
View Quote
Well, it does get spendy quick.  I like to show up with $300-$500 in ammunition loaded
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 5:52:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:  I was about to say "no 20", no care" but then I saw the price, that's pretty good.

I think that stainless Bear Creek 20" with fluting (on sale but OOS) is what I'm using now on the BumpLewis.  I'm probably going to buy the 20" regular barrel as a spare for $74.  I was looking for a 20" FN with the machinegun chrome, but PSA doesn't seem to sell it separately, ant it's at least $300 in an assembled upper.  So I think I can probably expect 3x cheap barrels will last as long as one nice one.
View Quote
Bump Lewis.  Hmm.  Any reason someone couldn't make an underslung flat drum mag for the AR?  Add a Picatinny/M-Dick attachment to the rail to lock the forward part into, and maybe a pivoting Picatinny rail under that for a VFG/low bipod?
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 9:35:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Where did you find the bipod?
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:13:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I think I got the bipod at a gunshow a few years ago for around $60.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:15:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm pretty sure I would pick one up for that price
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 10:36:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 10:57:37 AM EDT
[#14]
My Korean Beta also had to be disassembled and put back together  Really can't trust it to run right.

I know with my homemade stock I can put too much down pressure on it and cause it to bind.  I put a Fostech stock on a lower last night, now I need to see how it runs.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 11:03:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My Korean Beta also had to be disassembled and put back together  Really can't trust it to run right.

I know with my homemade stock I can put too much down pressure on it and cause it to bind.  I put a Fostech stock on a lower last night, now I need to see how it runs.
View Quote
It would be neat if someone would make a stock with rollers on the inside to keep it centered on the buffer tube and running slick.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:55:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:  It would be neat if someone would make a stock with rollers on the inside to keep it centered on the buffer tube and running slick.
View Quote
Hmmm.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:24:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Didn't Undefined try something similar?
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:13:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Got it together, but can't seem to post pictures.  Picked up a Sprinco orange spring and a shooting innovations aluminum carrier, along with a red x firing pin and pof roller cam pin.  If fire season ever ends I will get out and put some rounds through it!
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:21:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
thats actually why i put my bump stock on a dedicated 22lr ar instead. its easier to stomach counting nickles than it is quarters
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:45:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Didn't Undefined try something similar?
View Quote
I vaguely remember somebody doing that to a vertical fore grip.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Got it together, but can't seem to post pictures.  Picked up a Sprinco orange spring and a shooting innovations aluminum carrier, along with a red x firing pin and pof roller cam pin.  If fire season ever ends I will get out and put some rounds through it!
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Sounds good.  Should be fun! I need to get mine out again.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 9:57:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Bump for the BumpSAWs!
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 10:38:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Got my safety in yesterday. Had to do final fitting for my BumpSAW last night. Looks like jt will solve timing issues mechanically and I won't ever be able to outrun the bolt once it's installed. I cut a ledge on my trigger this interfaces with. It prevents the trigger from being pulled if the bolt isn't closed.

Link Posted: 10/3/2017 11:08:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Looks like the Democrats are going to go after bump-fire stocks.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 11:28:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Yep, this could be the end of Slide Fire.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#27]
keep the bullshit politics out of here please.

How much and where exactly did the cutting have to happen?
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yep, this could be the end of Slide do Fire.
View Quote
I don't think so. Their sales will probably go through the roof.

I'm going to buy a bump stock when all this shit dies down.

Trump is pres and Republicans are in control. They aren't going to do shit.

I bet all those folks that made fun of and put down these bumpSaw guys aren't laughing anymore....

Good for them. ( The bumpSaw guys)

Hats off to.you guys for inginuity!
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 4:40:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
keep the bullshit politics out of here please.

How much and where exactly did the cutting have to happen?
View Quote
At the very rear of the trigger, the portion that traditionally interfaces directly with the safety, I lowered it so my pivoting safety arm could rotate back and forth and would stop the trigger from being pulled if the bolt carrier hasn't closed yet.  I'll try and get some pictures tonight or tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 4:57:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

At the very rear of the trigger, the portion that traditionally interfaces directly with the safety, I lowered it so my pivoting safety arm could rotate back and forth and would stop the trigger from being pulled if the bolt carrier hasn't closed yet.  I'll try and get some pictures tonight or tomorrow.
View Quote
Still confused, I am a visual creature.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 8:42:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Maybe these pictures will help you visualize it.

Link Posted: 10/3/2017 8:43:24 PM EDT
[#33]
In the gun the trigger sits a little farther forward, so the trigger has room to be pulled once the safety lever is disengaged.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 9:34:32 PM EDT
[#34]
What do you guys think of the geissele B-GRF trigger for a bump gun? I think it's similar to the S3G.

Brownells link
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 9:38:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What do you guys think of the geissele B-GRF trigger for a bump gun? I think it's similar to the S3G.

Brownells link
View Quote
I think there is a good chance it will struggle with timing issues like S3G's tend to.

Fostech echo is the only commercially sold trigger that will 100% control the timing issues of a bump gun.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 9:46:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I think there is a good chance it will struggle with timing issues like S3G's tend to.

Fostech echo is the only commercially sold trigger that will 100% control the timing issues of a bump gun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brownells link

A $500 trigger? Yowza. Guess you gotta pay to play. 

Thanks for the quick response. 
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 10:00:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
A $500 trigger? Yowza. Guess you gotta pay to play. 

Thanks for the quick response. 
View Quote
I've had good success with my JARD adjustable trigger and lots of folks have used RRA 2 stage triggers. Both are good cheaper options. I would recommend a lightweight bcg and XP spring with them.

The fostech has a safety that prevents pulling the trigger if the carrier hasn't closed, so it's going to be the most reliable option.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
In the gun the trigger sits a little farther forward, so the trigger has room to be pulled once the safety lever is disengaged.
View Quote
I beg of you, please patent the design. Please.

Then, once all that is in place, sell half a dozen of them to me for $200 each.

A semi auto fire control group (plus safety) that prevents hammer follow and overrunning the carrier is the shit dreams are made of.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 10:37:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I beg of you, please patent the design. Please.

Then, once all that is in place, sell half a dozen of them to me for $200 each.

A semi auto fire control group (plus safety) that prevents hammer follow and overrunning the carrier is the shit dreams are made of.
View Quote
I just knew you would be along shortly!  
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 11:04:56 PM EDT
[#40]
@Bigtwin

I believe you were looking for this thread.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 11:44:17 PM EDT
[#41]
@jaqufrost - If your selector / FCG mods don't violate Fostech's patent you really should patent it.

And I really want to buy one... or 10.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 11:28:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
@Bigtwin

I believe you were looking for this thread.
View Quote
Thank you, yes it was. I new I had seen the title but could not remember where.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 10:10:13 PM EDT
[#44]
I just recovered my original pictures from photobucket.  Hopefully I can update the first and second post for everyone who wants to see how I made the stock.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 10:50:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I just recovered my original pictures from photobucket.  Hopefully I can update the first and second post for everyone who wants to see how I made the stock.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 10:52:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Should be mostly fixed now.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 8:16:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Did you have to pay the ransom? 
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 8:24:33 AM EDT
[#48]
No, thankfully I was able to log in and see my pictures.  Then I downloaded them and re-hosted through arfcom.  $400/yr wasn't happening.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 10:22:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 12:28:57 PM EDT
[#50]
How did I miss this post?

@jaqufrost that's pure brilliance.
Page / 21
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top