[#1]
how is the echo trigger working out?
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 4:05:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I still like the echo better for shoulder fire and the bump stock better for prone bipod shooting.

I could see doing the echo for a build that I wanted to use for both.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I still like the echo better for shoulder fire and the bump stock better for prone bipod shooting.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So how many barrels have you burned out since I last checked in here? hit 2000 RPM yet?

On an unrelated note, I've been trying to find a LMT enhanced bolt since you convinced me i want one, man those things are elusive. Would prob be a great bumpsaw bolt too. How's yours holding up?
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 4:19:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't tried an LMT bolt though I believe they're one (if not the) best available.  I decided to try a Sharps Reliabolt in mine.  Swapped it out after my last range trip and I haven't shot with it yet.

I still haven't killed a barrel.  Too many different guns

I did grab some more M855 from cheaper than dirt.  $250 for 1000 delivered with coupon code EM5KTH1 - even comes in an ammo can.

Last week these showed up - should get me closer to a barrel burnout
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I haven't tried an LMT bolt though I believe they're one (if not the) best available.  I decided to try a Sharps Reliabolt in mine.  Swapped it out after my last range trip and I haven't shot with it yet.

I still haven't killed a barrel.  Too many different guns

I did grab some more M855 from cheaper than dirt.  $250 for 1000 delivered with coupon code EM5KTH1 - even comes in an ammo can.

Last week these showed up - should get me closer to a barrel burnout
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/57761/20170304-154452-158926.jpg
View Quote

This whole entire time I thought you were the only person I knew of that found one.

I believe you're correct tho, after doing the research to see what all Carl Lewis did to make that BCG, it is literally one huge improvement over the standard c158/8620 bolt and carrier.

Extractor crud groove, dual spring, fully supported case, flexing bolt lugs, increased dwell time to drop chamber pressure before extraction, improved base steel, 1 piece gas key and I'm sure I'm missing some stuff.

And I think that is literally the most pills ive ever seen in 1 box. $250 for 1K is a steal!
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:08:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This whole entire time I thought you were the only person I knew of that found one.

I believe you're correct tho, after doing the research to see what all Carl Lewis did to make that BCG, it is literally one huge improvement over the standard c158/8620 bolt and carrier.

Extractor crud groove, dual spring, fully supported case, flexing bolt lugs, increased dwell time to drop chamber pressure before extraction, improved base steel, 1 piece gas key and I'm sure I'm missing some stuff.

And I think that is literally the most pills ive ever seen in 1 box. $250 for 1K is a steal!
View Quote

Looks a lot like the LWRC Advanced Combat Bolt that they stopped selling in 5.56 due to problems.  I still have one somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:11:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Funny you say this-- was thinking much the same thing. I have a Franklin BFS3 on one lower with an LWRC piston upper and am now assembling a Fostech DefendAR-1 to an old HBAR upper for much the same reason.

Curious- why do you prefer the Echo? How does it compare to the Franklin BFS? The Echo has a dedicated carrier supposedly to reduce hammer follow, but seems much more complicated than the Franklin.  I do have an Echo on order, but who knows when it will get here.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:30:59 PM EDT
[#8]
The Franklin is easier to hit the double.  The Fostech isn't too hard and gets better with your own modified carrier.  Unfortunately I had a few issues at the range Saturday when I was finally shooting my Franklin.  Most of them were magazine (Surefire 100 got frozen ~70% of the way through) or ejection (had some stovepipes).  I've got new ejector springs I will be installing in some of my uppers.  Hopefully my next range trip will go better.

On the BumpSAW side, I also broke my stock  I pulled down too hard on the grip and ripped it off.  I'm going to go back and peg it to my grip/stock connecting bar to prevent the problem in the future.  It worked surprisingly well without a grip, lol.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Right to Bear Arms has just released a new lightweight bcg.  Should be a good competitor to the AIM surplus LW carrier.  They're also selling the carrier by itself for $65.

https://www.righttobear.com/Lightweight-AR15-BCGs-s/1912.htm
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 3:43:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 7:11:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I haven't kept up:

What is the advantage of a lightweight bolt carrier?
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 8:02:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:52:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thanks!
View Quote
It goes a little further in BumpSAW's. They don't have mechanical timing control. So by using a light weight carrier you can increase how fast your carrier returns to battery. This decreases the probability of the trigger from being pulled while the carrier is still slightly rearward. If that does happen you get a dead gun and have to manually cycle the action.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#15]

M72B1 AK "Bumpsaw" with the JT Grip bump fire pistol grip obscured for it's protection. This works well with the 30rd'er but haven't tried it with the 75rd drum.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:  https://www.instagram.com/p/BT9voWFBJtq/?taken-by=jtgrip&hl=en
M72B1 AK "Bumpsaw" with the JT Grip bump fire pistol grip obscured for it's protection. This works well with the 30rd'er but haven't tried it with the 75rd drum.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 2:46:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
http://i66.tinypic.com/1zefbzb.jpg
View Quote
Interesting, do you just keep it off your shoulder slightly?
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#18]
You shoot it the same as the AR "SAW", but just off the shoulder.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Testing our patented technology that keeps the firearm looking original.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqTdy67mkJs
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 12:40:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:  Testing our patented technology
View Quote
JT Grip Solutions AK47 M72 bumpsaw bump fire pistol grip
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:24:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Testing our patented technology
View Quote
I need one for an RPK!
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 12:39:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Ok, first post.  I had just finished a bargain basement bump gun with a slide fire bump grip I had picked up awhile back.  Then I found this and skillets thread.  So back to the parts bin, ordered some parts, and pulled my old bushy dissipator off the wall to throw the slide fire stock back on that I had just taken off because a buddy told me it was too good looking of a rifle for the slide fire.  Now it's back on, with an atlas on order, more surefire 60's on the way, bad lever, some Magpul drums, and now looking at bolt Carriers, springs, and a shoulder thing that goes up.  Not sure I need to mess with it that much, as it has only ever been fired with a bump stock, and has always run flawlessly.  Guess we will see.  Second one with the bump grip is a bargain PSA melonite mid length, on an Anderson lower.  And I thought I was bored with ar's.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Welcome to ARFCOM.  Post links to pics you post somewhere else, and we'll post the pics or video.  Got any Legos?
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:05:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Am I welcome in here? This is my binary trigger AR with 16.1" SOCOMish profile barrel. I still need a bipod.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:15:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Absolutely welcome here  Which bipod do you plan to use?
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#26]
I'd really like an Elite Iron Revolution, but it's super expensive. I like the Tango Down but prefer something that tilts.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 12:27:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Anyone tried to mount a 249 butt pad on anything other than a Fostech?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Anyone tried to mount a 249 butt pad on anything other than a Fostech?
View Quote
I have 2, 1 is going on my Fostech. I am going to try to get it done this Sunday. If I don't booger up the one, I'll mail you the other to play with

In other news. Vortex needs to get the Huey out I waaaaant one
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:40:50 AM EDT
[#29]
I emailed fostech about getting a spare selector and safety/timing lever.  They emailed me back this morning and it looks like they're going to sell me the parts.  I'm thinking I can mod another trigger to work with it and just use it as an automatic timing control to prevent the trigger from being pulled before the carrier closes.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:07:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I emailed fostech about getting a spare selector and safety/timing lever.  They emailed me back this morning and it looks like they're going to sell me the parts.  I'm thinking I can mod another trigger to work with it and just use it as an automatic timing control to prevent the trigger from being pulled before the carrier closes.
View Quote
Get two! I'm good for the money.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:22:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Get two! I'm good for the money.
View Quote
Sorry

It was $76 for this:

Hopefully I can make it work.  Got to decide which trigger to cut up.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:26:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Is there a bumpstock available for Yugo AKs? I saw the pistol grip thing above but I want a stock.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:59:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Sorry

It was $76 for this:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/57761/20170218-122059-149028.jpg
Hopefully I can make it work.  Got to decide which trigger to cut up.
View Quote
What are we looking at?
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 9:02:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What are we looking at?
View Quote
That is the safety selector and pivoting timing control safety from a Fostech echo.  The lever pivots on the safety and gets pushed forward by the bolt carrier group.  The bottom side of the lever interfaces with the trigger and prevents the trigger from being pulled before the carrier closes.  Once I cut a trigger to match the lever and add a spring to turn the safety on, it should automatically prevent the trigger from being pulled early.  Where you would have had a dead trigger, hammer follow and needed to cycle the carrier, now it will wait for the carrier to close and then your finger will be able to pull the trigger.

From a shooting perspective it should be 100% transparent, the rifle just won't have stoppages.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That is the safety selector and pivoting timing control safety from a Fostech echo.  The lever pivots on the safety and gets pushed forward by the bolt carrier group.  The bottom side of the lever interfaces with the trigger and prevents the trigger from being pulled before the carrier closes.  Once I cut a trigger to match the lever and add a spring to turn the safety on, it should automatically prevent the trigger from being pulled early.  Where you would have had a dead trigger, hammer follow and needed to cycle the carrier, now it will wait for the carrier to close and then your finger will be able to pull the trigger.

From a shooting perspective it should be 100% transparent, the rifle just won't have stoppages.
View Quote
I will be following this for sure.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 12:25:18 AM EDT
[#36]
@Patrick303
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:45:16 PM EDT
[#37]
New to the bumpsaw game, and I've been reading some of the threads, but there's an incredible # of pages to go through. So, I'll just ask if you guys think this random assortment of parts from my parts bin will function. I'm not looking for 1500rpm or anything crazy like that. Just a reliable system. 500rpm. 1000rpm, I don't really care. 

16" mid length melonited PSA barrel
AIM LW Nib BCG
Orange Sprinco buffer spring (also have several standard springs)
Standard gas block (also have adjustable gas block if needed)
SD3G or timney 3lb 
bumpfire systems stock
Assortment of buffer weights

Also, how do these things run on steel case ammo?
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#38]
They can run on steel, I had to open the gas port on mine to make it work. Most barrels shouldn't have to opened though. I normally use 5.56 ammo though, I think the higher recoil makes the bump easier to keep running.

I would probably try the CMC trigger before the SD3G.

Overall I think the parts you have should work.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:22:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Has anyone made a bump stock for a G3?
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 2:07:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Has anyone made a bump stock for a G3?
View Quote
I hear this guy @EagleArmsHBAR has a mad scientist project going one making the first one ever
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 11:21:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I hear this guy @EagleArmsHBAR has a mad scientist project going one making the first one ever
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Hmm.  You've got nice rail slots for the stock to slide on, no?  I'm thinking Legos...
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#43]
If anyone is looking for good bumpsaw fodder, Natchez has Federal XM193I for $289/k delivered with coupon. Combine it with Federals rebate and you should be at $239 delivered.  With my CC's cash back and I'm at $234/k.

I think I need to go back and buy more, lol.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#44]
I went back and bought 2k more. Figured I might as well hit the rebate limit.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Sharps DLC reliabolts are on sale for $45 if anyone wants to try them. I like that they're S7, so I bought three to get the free shipping.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Sharps DLC reliabolts are on sale for $45 if anyone wants to try them. I like that they're S7, so I bought three to get the free shipping.
View Quote
@jaqufrost

a donde?

found it
hit for one. inconel gas tubes, diamond like coating s7 bolts up in this hotness
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 12:51:04 PM EDT
[#47]
The Sharps S7 DLC bolts are back at $79.99 now.

I'm thinking about grabbing a few of these as burner barrels, what do you guys think?
http://www.primaryarms.com/B223WMHB1817-M
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 6:06:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I'm thinking about grabbing a few of these as burner barrels, what do you guys think?
View Quote
Sounds good.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:44:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was about to say "no 20", no care" but then I saw the price, that's pretty good.

I think that stainless Bear Creek 20" with fluting (on sale but OOS) is what I'm using now on the BumpLewis.  I'm probably going to buy the 20" regular barrel as a spare for $74.  I was looking for a 20" FN with the machinegun chrome, but PSA doesn't seem to sell it separately, ant it's at least $300 in an assembled upper.  So I think I can probably expect 3x cheap barrels will last as long as one nice one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:51:12 PM EDT
[#50]
I just wish they had a free shipping code 
Page / 21
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top