Link Posted: 6/22/2019 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 5:05:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 5:18:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

Blend's in good, Wish I had land like that.
View Quote
It is a blessing and a curse. Lots of space, but a lot of work
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 5:30:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By DoctorLove:

It is a blessing and a curse. Lots of space, but a lot of work
View Quote
I can understand that, more freedom in my opinion. I have to drive a ways to get space like that and still have to pay for it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 5:31:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -KentuckyWindage-] [#7]
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 5:36:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

Damn you need some rain ... joking
Pic thread
https://i.imgur.com/y8DD9eT.jpg
View Quote
It has been dry last few months. Hopefully all that brown will turn to green in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 5:39:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#9]
So what variant's of M600 Scout light are acceptable? Picture references are a bonus. Have the WMX200 on there currently and damn if it didn't take me along time to get it but it really is a trash light for the price so has me second guessing if I want to run it or not.
View Quote
M600DF = Best (white light only) M600 ;p

And I'd say they're all acceptable - as far as I know, they're all personal or maybe unit level purchases anyway. Once you leave the issued light, might as well get the variant that best suits your purposes. Really, beyond being seen "in the wild," what would the litmus test for "degree of correctness" with a personal purchase be in the first place? Would a non-issued light that twenty people took it upon themselves to purchase be any more correct than a non-issued light than only two people decided to purchase?

My philosophy? Pick the best light for the job and justify it later, lol. But if it helps:

Link Posted: 6/22/2019 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 6:09:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CouchCommando22] [#11]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Damn that's a beautiful spot.
View Quote
Totally off the grid. I do have to rely on propane refills, but that is it. I did a full remodel and it looks completely modern inside and you would never know we are off the grid. I could have more guns and cans, but living off the grid with only a dozen dozen guns was the sacrifice. I saved up every penny since I was sixteen. The other half of the property is an orchard and vineyard. It was my dream since I was a kid and now kids ride horses and know how to process all the game. I don’t belong in traditional society, but I still have to go to town for a few things.

Attachment Attached File

Pic thread

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By krdt:

M600DF = Best (white light only) M600 ;p

And I'd say they're all acceptable - as far as I know, they're all personal or maybe unit level purchases anyway. Once you leave the issued light, might as well get the variant that best suits your purposes. Really, beyond being seen "in the wild," what would the litmus test for "degree of correctness" with a personal purchase be in the first place? Would a non-issued light that twenty people took it upon themselves to purchase be any more correct than a non-issued light than only two people decided to purchase?

My philosophy? Pick the best light for the job and justify it later, lol. But if it helps:

https://i.imgur.com/fKX5UD6.jpg
View Quote
I've been meaning to pick up a M600DF for a while lol. It's a no brainer compared to the other models for the price point its at. I'd say the majority are personal purchases anyways which is why you only see one or two in a bundle of pictures or at random.

Anywho I feel the in the wild pictures give me more security to use it since I'd hate to part with the iconic WMX200 its just not that great of a light overall IMO since I do like to have more lumens than 200 for my white light.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 6:38:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrKV] [#13]
Disregard. Got my answer
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 6:58:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Totally off the grid. I do have to rely on propane refills, but that is it. I did a full remodel and it looks completely modern inside and you would never know we are off the grid. I could have more guns and cans, but living off the grid with only a dozen dozen guns was the sacrifice. I saved up every penny since I was sixteen. The other half of the property is an orchard and vineyard. It was my dream since I was a kid and now kids ride horses and know how to process all the game. I don’t belong in traditional society, but I still have to go to town for a few things.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/324355/DAABC8BA-CC22-49E0-A389-9CEAB65E7B29_jpeg-989284.JPG

Pic thread

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/324355/88C20C46-35EC-43AF-98A0-1D65A72EBC85_jpeg-989285.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Damn that's a beautiful spot.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/324355/DAABC8BA-CC22-49E0-A389-9CEAB65E7B29_jpeg-989284.JPG

Pic thread

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/324355/88C20C46-35EC-43AF-98A0-1D65A72EBC85_jpeg-989285.JPG
Respect

Well done.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#15]

It has been dry last few months. Hopefully all that brown will turn to green in a few weeks.
View Quote
Hoping for monsoons to come through soon.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Personally, I’m planning on skipping the PEQ/ATPIAL and just getting a M600V light instead. Less bulk and still throws pretty darn good IR light for the price.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 8:47:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bhavin22] [#17]

I've been meaning to pick up a M600DF for a while lol. It's a no brainer compared to the other models for the price point its at. I'd say the majority are personal purchases anyways which is why you only see one or two in a bundle of pictures or at random.

Anywho I feel the in the wild pictures give me more security to use it since I'd hate to part with the iconic WMX200 its just not that great of a light overall IMO since I do like to have more lumens than 200 for my white light.
View Quote
I really don’t want to but if it will make you happy I can even trade you for my M300
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Bhavin22:

I really don’t want to but if it will make you happy I can even trade you for my M300
View Quote
Hey at least it has more lumens man.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 9:21:09 PM EDT
[#19]
I decided to jump back into the MK18 world and what started out as a somewhat of a joke based on these pictures. I decided to efile a Form 1 the other day and currently building this "Training" CQBR. I have the upper done and currently doing the lower and hoping the stamp comes back under a month.

Link Posted: 6/22/2019 9:47:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 100roundclipazine] [#20]
Waiting on my jpoint to come in

Link Posted: 6/23/2019 1:00:41 AM EDT
[#21]
So what variant's of M600 Scout light are acceptable? Picture references are a bonus. Have the WMX200 on there currently and damn if it didn't take me along time to get it but it really is a trash light for the price so has me second guessing if I want to run it or not.
View Quote
I was issued a plain jane 600 for Afg. I'm sure the Vis/IR model is being used now too.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 9:34:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eMc9001] [#22]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I was issued a plain jane 600 for Afg. I'm sure the Vis/IR model is being used now too.
View Quote
Better output too. WMX200 has 45 mW of output, the M600V has 120 mW.

ETA: Found a picture.

Link Posted: 6/23/2019 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#23]

Better output too. WMX200 has 45 mW of output, the M600V has 120 mW.

ETA: Found a picture.

https://i.imgur.com/3ViGyCO.jpg
View Quote
Thank you!
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 10:26:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By wissota4:
Finger prints just got delivered today. Hopefully no more then 2 weeks!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wissota4:
Originally Posted By C6H12O6:

Yes, individual.
Finger prints just got delivered today. Hopefully no more then 2 weeks!
Submitted mine 6/3 (individual) approved this morning 20 days! Pretty dang good compared to the old days!

Jj
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 10:48:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Joined a different range yesterday, got my Mk18 clone out to play a bit.

Link Posted: 6/23/2019 11:04:53 AM EDT
[#26]

Thank you!
View Quote
What did I solve a case of clone correctness for you? . Nice avatar.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#27]

What did I solve a case of clone correctness for you? . Nice avatar.
View Quote
Thanks

Yes you did, I really didn't want to part with my Vampire Scout light......
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#28]

Thanks

Yes you did, I really didn't want to part with my Vampire Scout light......
View Quote
Keep on running it homie.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#29]

Pic thread

View Quote
Forget CQBRs, I want a thread on your off-grid life!
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 3:02:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By BurtSaun1049:
View All Quotes

Pic thread

+1
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote
I can do that at some point.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 4:31:19 PM EDT
[#34]
#surefiregang.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 4:51:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Just got three approved today! Total time from check cashed was 22 days
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 5:29:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By leemore:
Just got three approved today! Total time from check cashed was 22 days
View Quote
Yep, I had one (individual) form 1 approved Yesterday. Took 21 days from submission
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 7:07:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: billytehbob] [#37]

View Quote
Just do what you want, it's what I do/did/will do. When I deployed last, I had a TA33 and Inforce WML (fuck the Gen 1's, tho) on my M4, and I'm just an Apache mech. I'll be doing the same on my next deployment, fuck gay SOP-mandated dress-right-dress bullshit. Shit, I'd run my MK18 upper if I could Would fit better inside the helicopter anyway

I do wish some of the cool shit worked better.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By tooly:

What rail is that?
Thanks
View Quote
KAC RAS
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 8:07:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tooly] [#40]

KAC RAS
View Quote
Thanks.
They still make them? Also..no modification needed...that rail comes in two pieces?
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 9:15:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Thanks.
They still make them? Also..no modification needed...that rail comes in two pieces?
View All Quotes

KAC RAS
Thanks.
Correct
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 9:22:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Correct
View Quote
Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 12:57:40 AM EDT
[#43]

Coyote or black Gen Juan from B5, tan or black Gen Juan from LMT are your correct choices for SOPMOD stocks. In my experience, the worst fit and finish is on the B5 black (rough, slightly splotchy finish and not that great of fit); the B5 coyote and LMT tan or black are all about the same and superior in the fit/finish department.

ETA: Whatever you do, don't get the Gen II B5 "FDE"... it is nasty. Way, way too light.
View Quote
I don't know for "who" but Mark Keller from B5 stated that the B5 Gen1 Coyote stocks are for a mil contract. He told a few of us almost a year before they came out that the contract was in the pipeline and that he was going to make sure they did an overrun for the clone community.

I have several of the Gen1 Coyote stocks, they are the shit! I have several LMT Black and FDE stocks as well as some B5 Gen2's but the Gen1 Coyote is by far my favorite for some reason.

Mk18 is getting that and an N1 when I get around to E-filing.

Link Posted: 6/24/2019 2:18:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:

I don't know for "who" but Mark Keller from B5 stated that the B5 Gen1 Coyote stocks are for a mil contract. He told a few of us almost a year before they came out that the contract was in the pipeline and that he was going to make sure they did an overrun for the clone community.

I have several of the Gen1 Coyote stocks, they are the shit! I have several LMT Black and FDE stocks as well as some B5 Gen2's but the Gen1 Coyote is by far my favorite for some reason.

Mk18 is getting that and an N1 when I get around to E-filing.

https://live.staticflickr.com/4894/45799057454_b23d44f958_c.jpg
View Quote
Must be a pretty large overrun lol.

Brownell's is still selling them like fire.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 4:27:42 AM EDT
[#45]
I figure they're just making them for commercial sales at this point. Maybe they started out as an overrun and a test of the popularity, and they decided it was worth making 'em a regular production item?

Seems like there are two different hues at this point - original poop stock and the new yellowish baby poop stock, lol. Wish they'd just make them LMT tan.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 6:28:00 AM EDT
[#46]
I figure they're just making them for commercial sales at this point. Maybe they started out as an overrun and a test of the popularity, and they decided it was worth making 'em a regular production item?

Seems like there are two different hues at this point - original poop stock and the new yellowish baby poop stock, lol. Wish they'd just make them LMT tan.
View Quote
Haven't seen the new ones yet but just sold an og pooper.

Anyone have side by side pics showing the difference?
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 3:12:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By MrKV:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MrKV:

On second thought, I'm not even 100% certain it's actually a thing; I just caught the tail end of a discussion in one of the other clone threads. I think this was being given as an example of the new shade:

https://www.primaryarms.com/b5-systems-sopmod-stock-gen-1-mil-spec-coyote-brown

Could just be the lighting - poopy stocks are fairly susceptible to looking weird in certain light.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 3:43:47 PM EDT
[#48]

On second thought, I'm not even 100% certain it's actually a thing; I just caught the tail end of a discussion in one of the other clone threads. I think this was being given as an example of the new shade:

https://www.primaryarms.com/b5-systems-sopmod-stock-gen-1-mil-spec-coyote-brown

Could just be the lighting - poopy stocks are fairly susceptible to looking weird in certain light.
View Quote
Hard to tell.. That third picture throws the first 2 off.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 6:17:57 PM EDT
[#49]

Keep on running it homie.
View Quote
Found another....

Link Posted: 6/24/2019 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#50]

Found another....

https://i.imgur.com/5eGetYQ.jpg
View Quote
That's a sick shot. Nice find, I've still been looking myself.
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1227 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top