AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1499 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:13:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:
I really want to put my razor on my mk18…
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/490874/CDFA12E5-18A7-401C-88AB-9939ACE1BCBF_jpe-2240540.JPG
View Quote

It looks sweet but in my mind it's just not that practical of a setup.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:24:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I really want to put my razor on my mk18
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/490874/CDFA12E5-18A7-401C-88AB-9939ACE1BCBF_jpe-2240540.JPG
View Quote
You mean Mk6?
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#3]

I
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:42:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

View Quote

Yeah that and it would be pretty heavy…
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Attachment Attached File

Trust me, I have had the idea of doing this as well…
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 9:08:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: New2AR15s] [#6]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

For someone using a 14.5 and 10.3 combo not very practical.

I wonder about if you were intending to use the 10.3 as a do-all rifle how practical the Razor would be
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:46:59 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Razor, you say?

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:50:08 PM EDT
[#8]
where can I find a replacement knob for an OG Wilcox Aimpoint mount ? mine is pretty busted. thx
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:01:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Razor, you say?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/204916/20220114_204322-2240732.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:12:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ImpacTT:
where can I find a replacement knob for an OG Wilcox Aimpoint mount ? mine is pretty busted. thx
View Quote

Email Wilcox and ask?
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 1:14:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 5:33:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Oink oink!
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 5:38:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Oink oink!
https://i.imgur.com/gtzDdyP.jpg
View Quote

Thiccc
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I decided to put the push button on my surefire. (Disregard the ambi badger g3 sharping handle. I sold my gas buster, and now I am in need for another one.

I wish the serialized uppers would have been around a few months earlier. I ended up with a Diemaco anchor harvey cqbr-0522 marked upper that I got to replace my current Diemaco. Shitty part is I got the marked upper right after installing the 4p with rocksett and after installing the gas block with loctite per badger ord. instructions. I know there are tricks to getting the 4p off, but im still avoiding it. If I don't do it soon, im afraid the stripped/marked upper will turn into anther block2.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/15/2022 6:06:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DominicanGalil] [#15]
Are there any mod 0s that were ever pointed with a woodland or multicam coating?  Something with greens and browns?

And is there an EOD clone thread with the OD Green CAS-V?
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
I decided to put the push button on my surefire. (Disregard the ambi badger g3 sharping handle. I sold my gas buster, and now I am in need for another one.

I wish the serialized uppers would have been around a few months earlier. I ended up with a Diemaco anchor harvey cqbr-0522 marked upper that I got to replace my current Diemaco. Shitty part is I got the marked upper right after installing the 4p with rocksett and after installing the gas block with loctite per badger ord. instructions. I know there are tricks to getting the 4p off, but im still avoiding it. If I don't do it soon, im afraid the stripped/marked upper will turn into anther block2.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/FA24852B-47B6-4C88-A29A-91AAD3794B96_jpe-2241489.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/B8ACF94C-CB9B-416C-A0C7-70FE6C236B87_jpe-2241491.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/4763185B-C80D-4B6A-B702-52C6CD32E4A7_jpe-2241492.JPG
View Quote

I just popped the MD off of my EMC the other day that was Rocksett'd on. A reaction rod and a well-fitting crows foot snapped it right off. I did give it a couple of smacks with a brass hammer before but judging by the sound when it came loose, it didn't do anything.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By DominicanGalil:
Are there any mod 0s that were ever pointed with a woodland or multicam coating?  Something with greens and browns?

View Quote
to my knowledge, the casv-elt (fde) were the only ones ever purchased/ issued/ used. I know if you do a google search there are a few figurines or toys with a green casv. I'm not sure why though.

I just popped the MD off of my EMC the other day that was Rocksett'd on. A reaction rod and a well-fitting crows foot snapped it right off. I did give it a couple of smacks with a brass hammer before but judging by the sound when it came loose, it didn't do anything.
View Quote
I haven't searched yet, but I remember some ppl soaked the muzzle over night before removing it. I wasn't sure if heat would do the trick? The other day I had a set screw from my gas block almost break an Allen wrench, so I hit it with the propane torch and that was all it needed.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:07:13 PM EDT
[#18]
to my knowledge, the casv-elt (fde) were the only ones ever purchased/ issued/ used. I know if you do a google search there are a few figurines or toys with a green casv. I'm not sure why though.

I haven't searched yet, but I remember some ppl soaked the muzzle over night before removing it. I wasn't sure if heat would do the trick? The other day I had a set screw from my gas block almost break an Allen wrench, so I hit it with the propane torch and that was all it needed.
View All Quotes

It's a ceramic, so it's highly resistant to heat (perfect for gun barrels). I don't believe the water part, I'd wager that it would have come off just as easily had they not. You'd have to have applied it to 2 different guns in EXACTLY the same manner and have a way of measuring how much force it took to break them loose.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:18:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#19]

It's a ceramic, so it's highly resistant to heat (perfect for gun barrels). I don't believe the water part, I'd wager that it would have come off just as easily had they not. You'd have to have applied it to 2 different guns in EXACTLY the same manner and have a way of measuring how much force it took to break them loose.
View All Quotes

Ok. That makes sense. I don't see how any liquid could even penetrate the rockset to get to the threads, especially water. My thought was by heating up the muzzle device, it would expand just enough independently from the threads, that I'd be able to "break" it with less force.

Eta- I need to get a reaction rod. I’ve been leaning towards the Midwest industries version because it has a “sail” that spreads the forces out more evenly.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok. That makes sense. I don't see how any liquid could even penetrate the rockset to get to the threads, especially water. My thought was by heating up the muzzle device, it would expand just enough independently from the threads, that I'd be able to "break" it with less force.

Eta- I need to get a reaction rod. I’ve been leaning towards the Midwest industries version because it has a “sail” that spreads the forces out more evenly.
View All Quotes

I could definitely see heat expanding and breaking the bond, but the heat won't affect the Rocksett itself. I got tired of waiting on a Knightstick (was told 2 months a year ago) so I bought the MI one for 308 just so I could swap out the FH to the MAMS. It's built very well.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:38:02 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

The website of the manufacturer of Rocksett literally says a hot water soak will remove it. I’ve seen them removed both ways, but the vast majority have been with a hot water soak.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:45:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By mdavis:

The website of the manufacturer of Rocksett literally says a hot water soak will remove it. I’ve seen them removed both ways, but the vast majority have been with a hot water soak.
View All Quotes

Interesting. Didn't know that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Oink oink!
View Quote

What rmr mount is that
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:04:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

What rmr mount is that
View Quote

Reptillia ROF-90
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:08:47 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Yeah I don’t know the voodoo behind it, but it works.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:33:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Here is a tech sheet I had rocksett send me at my PD as we in the armory had questions. Hopefully it helps out. Look down at the end for break away instructions.

And a couple quick questions... for all CQBR front sight post variants, including MK18 Mod0, was a Mate h BUIS ever used or a Leupold MK4 CQ/T?
TIA
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:37:58 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Yea I've removed several with a half hour hot water soak.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 11:05:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#28]
Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 12:23:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Oink oink!
View Quote

Love it
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:03:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By New2AR15s:

Love it
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:07:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#31]
So I found an interesting cqbr while searching for images. I don't think I've seen this image posted yet, but I may have seen it and forgotten. It has a 7" larue quad rail, an eotech 4x and a grippod to top it off. Has anyone in here had an eotech 4x mag? Curious how good it was. I saw one in the ee a few months back.Attachment Attached File

Second guy has an Arredondo magwell. Don't see those on block 2's very often.
Attachment Attached File

Early sopmod surefire m952 with SW02 clicky cap.
Attachment Attached File

I wish this image wasn’t cropped. Cqbr with trijicon reflex acog rx01nsn.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:55:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MackDaddy1962] [#32]
Just a quick note for those interested in breaking Rocksett free on installed MD's... I've done quite a few of them.

The MI URR is indeed your friend. It works better than G's reaction rod as is spreads the torque load into the upper receiver as well. Money well spent.

Truth be told, I stopped doing the hot water soak prior to MD removal. Between the MI URR & and a 1/2" breaker bar they come off like butter.

I've also used Rocksett sparingly as indicated in the letter above. You really DON'T need to add much when installing a MD.

This coming from someone who shoots suppressed exclusively, and the MD's are subject to more torque pulling the can's off at regular intervals...

Never an issue, the juice & proper MD torque works.

Carry on
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By MeanGun:
Here is a tech sheet I had rocksett send me at my PD as we in the armory had questions. Hopefully it helps out. Look down at the end for break away instructions.

https://i.ibb.co/CWXzD59/D1-E02-F29-B619-4-A6-C-A967-07900816-ED2-F.jpg

And a couple quick questions... for all CQBR front sight post variants, including MK18 Mod0, was a Mate h BUIS ever used or a Leupold MK4 CQ/T?
TIA
View Quote
Matech has been used.  I feel like I've seen the CQ/T on a cqbr in at least 1 pic, but can't find it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:05:21 PM EDT
[#34]
This may have been asked. Are Law Tactical Folders being used on MK18s?
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:43:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#35]
Originally Posted By goldwinggoat:
View Quote
Ive seen a couple of pics of block ii's with the law folder. Combat diver has posted the pics, but I don't have em saved to post.

Someone just got a heck of a deal. A Kac ris in great shape just went for $75 in the EE. Perfect for a mod 0 or block1. I was too late.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 11:01:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By goldwinggoat:
View Quote
They are apart of the URGI program. So you'll find URG uppers with them, yes.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/17/2022 2:25:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 4:06:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#38]
Magpul rear sight. Nice.

Pic from when I had a 552. I saw someone referring to the 552 as an su231. Is that correct? I thought the 553 was su231 and the eotech exps3-0 was as an su231a. Anyone know if the 552 ever had an su designation?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#39]
That magpul sight will save someone a few bucks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:06:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Attachment Attached File

Found someone other than Mike Glover that likes to mount their 552 on the arms #54 tall mount. On the left, is an eotech 551 mounted on a carry handle, which is roughly the same height as the arms #54 mount. OG chin weld. Both have a surefire m900, Kac ris or ras, and peq2's.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/18/2022 4:26:38 AM EDT
[#41]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/9DD2EB51-296A-4946-9CF2-CBC9A9C7A4C3_jpe-2244490.JPG

Found someone other than Mike Glover that likes to mount their 552 on the arms #54 tall mount. On the left, is an eotech 551 mounted on a carry handle, which is roughly the same height as the arms #54 mount. OG chin weld. Both have a surefire m900, Kac ris or ras, and peq2's.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/A8A5966C-05AB-4EB3-9BEA-3B902A309CE1_jpe-2244491.JPG
View Quote
That's Kevin Owens... I'm assuming you knew that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 11:53:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#42]
Originally Posted By js1977:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By js1977:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/9DD2EB51-296A-4946-9CF2-CBC9A9C7A4C3_jpe-2244490.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/A8A5966C-05AB-4EB3-9BEA-3B902A309CE1_jpe-2244491.JPG

of coarse..

Eta
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Eta- I almost posted a pic of Kyle Owens the wrestler, but decided against that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 2:44:33 PM EDT
[#43]

I’m not tracking that they’re part of URGI.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 4:36:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#44]
Originally Posted By Wake27:

I'm not tracking that they're part of URGI.
View All Quotes

I'm not tracking that they're part of URGI.
URGI- upper receiver group improved. This is the semi new USASOC AFSOC 14.5"/11.5” with a midlength gas system and Geissele rail. The law tactical folder can be found on lowers that are part of the urgi program. From there, 10.3" URG's have been used on those lowers with the law tactical folder. That's what he was saying.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 6:02:43 PM EDT
[#45]
URGI- upper receiver group improved. This is the semi new AFSOC 14.5" with a midlength gas system and Geissele rail. The law tactical folder can be found on lowers that are part of the urgi program. From there, 10.3" URG's have been used on those lowers with the law tactical folder. That's what he was saying.
View Quote
Yeah Should've worded it better, but approved for use with the URG-I would've been better. Obviously not an upper receiver part.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 8:43:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
Yeah Should've worded it better, but approved for use with the URG-I would've been better. Obviously not an upper receiver part.
View All Quotes
URGI- upper receiver group improved. This is the semi new AFSOC 14.5" with a midlength gas system and Geissele rail. The law tactical folder can be found on lowers that are part of the urgi program. From there, 10.3" URG's have been used on those lowers with the law tactical folder. That's what he was saying.

I knew what you were sayin. I wasn't sure if he knew what urgi meant or not, so I tried to break it down.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 3:01:27 AM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Thanks but I do know what it is. It’s actually USASOC not AFSOC though, the afsoc thing was a commercial purchase I believe, discussed in a PJ thread around here somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 3:02:02 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Ah, got it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 3:19:27 AM EDT
[#49]

Thanks but I do know what it is. It's actually USASOC not AFSOC though, the afsoc thing was a commercial purchase I believe, discussed in a PJ thread around here somewhere.
View Quote
AFSOC uses the URG-Is when attached to USASOC also
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:15:47 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

I ran mine that way for a bit attempting for a do it all setup since the JM-1 perfectly fit the ballistics out of a 10.3" FN SOCOM barrel.  It definitely makes the MK18 into a brick.  I reconsidered the Razor since I use the MK18 a lot for pig hunting at night, since a T2 on a Scalarworks mount worked well for that and made the gun super handy jumping in and out of a truck to walk up on a group of pigs.

Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1499 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top