AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1436 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 4:26:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tomahawk1088:

$25 over list for ordering, and then separating and packaging all the flash hiders into individual orders, and mailing them all out isn’t something I’m going to worry about. That also includes the cost of shipping.

I wasn’t even going to buy a 4p until I saw this. I managed to find a new NSN marked 3p locally a few weeks ago for less than what they used to sell for new.
View Quote

Did he respond to DM?  
I ask because in his Story, he said people that can't follow instructions are going to ruin it, but I can't find any instructions to begin with so I was scared to DM lol
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea, he asked for quantity, name, number, email, ship address and how you want to pay which is either Venmo or zelle
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea, he asked for quantity, name, number, email, ship address and how you want to pay which is either Venmo or zelle
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 4:36:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By blindrocket:

Thank you!
View Quote

No problem! He’s probably talking about people who mention gun parts in their subject lines on these pay apps.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 6:11:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#5]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Almost looks case hardened.

CD
View Quote
Ya, kind of has that stonewashed blue jean effect. I can't say I've ever seen a case hardened bcg.

Originally Posted By pezboytate:

Where did it come from?
View Quote

I got it from a member. She had 4 bcg's. 3 looked normal, black nitride or whatever they use, with the C, and this oddball. It reminded me of the last one I had so I went for this one. I just figured it maybe had more age to it. Unfortunately the seller couldn't provide me any other info other than, it's a colt bcg. It's smooth to the touch.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Eta- the turnbull-colt case-hardened bcg
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote
I missed the instructions. I was prob one of the annoying guys asking how to go about getting a few.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
I missed the instructions. I was prob one of the annoying guys asking how to go about getting a few.
View Quote

I don’t think he posted any instructions. I just messaged saying I wanted to buy and he replied with what to do.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 6:51:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#8]

I don't think he posted any instructions. I just messaged saying I wanted to buy and he replied with what to do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I don't think he posted any instructions. I just messaged saying I wanted to buy and he replied with what to do.
Gotcha. Good to know.
Eta:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/6/2021 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Awesome! Thanks.

Got my colt bcg in today. I went with an older looking one. Anyone know what the difference is in the finish? Is this just what they look like when the nitride is worn, or did the older ones get a different treatment?https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/DF348536-9283-439C-AF1F-D482A519ED27_jpe-1895051.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/404EF141-B102-4290-B727-8214E16F3EAF_jpe-1895052.JPG
View Quote

Salty old girl.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 9:32:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mdavis] [#10]
View All Quotes

Gotcha. Good to know.
Eta:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/F2DE9D27-EB12-452C-A812-89DAFB53B66A_jpe-1895537.JPG

I'm going to wait until they hit RSR at approx. $110/each.

ETA: IF they hit RSR...
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 9:44:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#11]
Originally Posted By mdavis:

View All Quotes

Gotcha. Good to know.
Eta:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/F2DE9D27-EB12-452C-A812-89DAFB53B66A_jpe-1895537.JPG

I feel the same way, but then I get this nagging feeling in the back of my head that says...ya, but what if....? Either way I'll regret something.

Eta2- (what is RSR?’)
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:47:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

Why yes it is, good eye
View Quote

But with a 416 and a sim upper
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:08:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I feel the same way, but then I get this nagging feeling in the back of my head that says...ya, but what if....? Either way I'll regret something.

Eta2- (what is RSR?’)
View Quote

RSR is one of the big distributors that provides inventory for gun stores

i ended up ordering 2 SF4P's from Marc. I've bought clone stuff from him in the past, great dude.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:13:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

i ended up ordering 2 SF4P's from Marc. I've bought clone stuff from him in the past, great dude.
View All Quotes

Eta2- (what is RSR?’)

RSR doesn't even show the SF4P in their system. Figures...
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 5:21:45 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

Eta2- (what is RSR?')

That's good to know. Felt weird paying for something that isn't in hand. I'm getting two also. Wonder what kinda time frame we are looking at.

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 5:35:58 PM EDT
[#16]
That's good to know. Felt weird paying for something that isn't in hand. I'm getting two also. Wonder what kinda time frame we are looking at.

View Quote

He said Surefire told him 90 days lol.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:29:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel] [#17]
ETA Surefire provided to their dealers is August. PSD will have them for sale at $149 (MAP).

Not shitting on Marc but paying $175 upfront won't get you one faster. Make of that what you will.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:36:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By SMFdarkangel:
ETA Surefire provided to their dealers is August. PSD will have them for sale at $149 (MAP).

Not shitting on Marc but paying $175 upfront won't get you one faster. Make of that what you will.
View Quote

What's PSD?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#19]

What's PSD?
View Quote

Pre Sample Depot

they are an FFL in Texas that enjoys Toyota trucks, IPA's, and machine guns.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Agreed. Surefire is making these public and folks are still paying more than MAP.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:49:39 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote
Had a feeling, But it's done. Hopefully this way I won't have to worry about stock running out. Plus I had the money on hand. At least the days of $400 4 prongs are gone. (For a while anyhow.) I got a great deal on my first one, so that makes it a little easier to pay essentially a $25 shipping/dealer fee/peace of mind fee per 4p.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Pre Sample Depot

they are an FFL in Texas that enjoys Toyota trucks, IPA's, and machine guns.
View Quote

Appreciate it. Please let us know if you see any other place list them for notifications or backorders.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:00:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Agreed. Surefire is making these public and folks are still paying more than MAP.
View All Quotes

It's a lesser known symptom of clone disease. You get so used to paying high prices, that you'll pay the higher price when given the chance. Take my money....
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:07:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By robertototototo:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By robertototototo:

Hmmm. July/August. At least I'll have my rc by then. I'm hoping to have my stamp no later than mid May.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm definitely going to be watching this thread for Surefire 4P availability. I just got my lower to start a MK18 build, but the 4P was one piece I was willing to compromise on, as there's no way in hell in was going to pay $400 for a used muzzle device. MSRP, I can do.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:25:09 PM EDT
[#26]
It's a lesser known symptom of clone disease. You get so used to paying high prices, that you'll pay the higher price when given the chance. Take my money....
View All Quotes

Haha. I was talking more about folks who will flip these at $300+ on buyers who aren’t aware. I think $175 is still a decent price given past history.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:34:59 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't feel too bad for getting one at $175.  I think Warcomps are like $150 maybe and I have two of those and this will be for my MK18 and it's better for suppressors anyway.  And clone correct of course. wink wink
I'll snag one from PSD when those eventually show up but for now, as mentioned, the peace of mind is worth it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:52:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mdavis] [#28]
I don't feel too bad for getting one at $175.  I think Warcomps are like $150 maybe and I have two of those and this will be for my MK18 and it's better for suppressors anyway.  And clone correct of course. wink wink
I'll snag one from PSD when those eventually show up but for now, as mentioned, the peace of mind is worth it.
View Quote

For what it's worth, Pew Science tested the SOCOM762 with both a SF Warcomp and SF 3-prong, and the results were shockingly worse with a Warcomp. The exec sum is that if shooting suppressed, go with a 3-prong (or 4-prong I suppose?), or, if you only shoot suppressed a little bit, then the benefits of the Warcomp with no suppressor might be worth it. I'm not sure if that difference on the 762 model will translate to the 556 models or not, but it's why I stay the hell away from Warcomps for my SF cans.

https://pewscience.com/sound-signature-reviews-free/sss-6-26-surefire-762rc2-savage-308

ETA the relevant section from the public version of the review.

The 3-Prong Flash Hider is non-ported and equipped with “labyrinth seals;” these circumferential machined ridges on the mount help to prevent gasses from flowing aft toward the shooter.  By providing this greater gas seal than the non-seal equipped and ported WARCOMP, the labyrinth seal system allows gas flow to form a silencer-muzzle jet earlier in time.  In contrast, the WARCOMP mount allows gas to vent directly to atmosphere at the mount interface of the silencer (at-ear waveforms demonstrate this significant phenomenon and are only available in the member version of this review).  As a result of this venting with the WARCOMP, silencer-muzzle jet formation is delayed as flow is diverted out of the mount interface and silencer muzzle simultaneously.  This silencer-muzzle jet formation delay with the WARCOMP is illustrated in Figure 11a.  Eventually, the overall impulse signature reaches similar characteristics with both mounts (Fig 11b).  Nonetheless, the waveform time phasing and amplitude differences in early time when using the WARCOMP mount are significant enough to lower the Suppression Rating at the muzzle; the muzzle sound signature is therefore more severe to the human ear with the WARCOMP than with the 3-Prong Flash Hider.  This may not be intuitive to some users, as mount leakage is most often associated with at-ear signature differences.  While not as severe at the muzzle as at the ear, the difference in muzzle signature with the WARCOMP is notable.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#29]

For what it's worth, Pew Science tested the SOCOM762 with both a SF Warcomp and SF 3-prong, and the results were shockingly worse with a Warcomp. The exec sum is that if shooting suppressed, go with a 3-prong (or 4-prong I suppose?), or, if you only shoot suppressed a little bit, then the benefits of the Warcomp with no suppressor might be worth it. I'm not sure if that difference on the 762 model will translate to the 556 models or not, but it's why I stay the hell away from Warcomps for my SF cans.

https://pewscience.com/sound-signature-reviews-free/sss-6-26-surefire-762rc2-savage-308

The 3-Prong Flash Hider is non-ported and equipped with “labyrinth seals;” these circumferential machined ridges on the mount help to prevent gasses from flowing aft toward the shooter.  By providing this greater gas seal than the non-seal equipped and ported WARCOMP, the labyrinth seal system allows gas flow to form a silencer-muzzle jet earlier in time.  In contrast, the WARCOMP mount allows gas to vent directly to atmosphere at the mount interface of the silencer (at-ear waveforms demonstrate this significant phenomenon and are only available in the member version of this review).  As a result of this venting with the WARCOMP, silencer-muzzle jet formation is delayed as flow is diverted out of the mount interface and silencer muzzle simultaneously.  This silencer-muzzle jet formation delay with the WARCOMP is illustrated in Figure 11a.  Eventually, the overall impulse signature reaches similar characteristics with both mounts (Fig 11b).  Nonetheless, the waveform time phasing and amplitude differences in early time when using the WARCOMP mount are significant enough to lower the Suppression Rating at the muzzle; the muzzle sound signature is therefore more severe to the human ear with the WARCOMP than with the 3-Prong Flash Hider.  This may not be intuitive to some users, as mount leakage is most often associated with at-ear signature differences.  While not as severe at the muzzle as at the ear, the difference in muzzle signature with the WARCOMP is notable.
View Quote

The SFMP has the seals as well and the SFCT doesn't have the ports.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:47:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mdavis] [#30]

View All Quotes

I suspect the SF muzzle brake (which is what I think you meant with SFMP?) would be the same. Not sure on the non-comp closed-tine FH model though.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:53:11 PM EDT
[#31]

I suspect the SF muzzle brake (which is what I think you meant with SFMP?) would be the same. Not sure on the non-comp closed-tine FH model though.
View Quote

Yes, SFMB
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 9:14:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Ya, kind of has that stonewashed blue jean effect. I can't say I've ever seen a case hardened bcg.

I got it from a member. She had 4 bcg's. 3 looked normal, black nitride or whatever they use, with the C, and this oddball. It reminded me of the last one I had so I went for this one. I just figured it maybe had more age to it. Unfortunately the seller couldn't provide me any other info other than, it's a colt bcg. It's smooth to the touch.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/B539E1A8-99D7-4587-993B-D103F56754B5_jpe-1895427.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/7E068584-3A3C-4264-BBB2-EEA36EBF4890_jpe-1895431.JPG

View All Quotes

CD

Where did it come from?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/B539E1A8-99D7-4587-993B-D103F56754B5_jpe-1895427.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/7E068584-3A3C-4264-BBB2-EEA36EBF4890_jpe-1895431.JPG

Your post sparked something in the back of my brain and I remembered that I bought a handful of well-loved Colt carriers but couldn't remember where I put them. Had to go digging but I found them.

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 10:18:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Your post sparked something in the back of my brain and I remembered that I bought a handful of well-loved Colt carriers but couldn't remember where I put them. Had to go digging but I found them.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/204916/20200205_193713-1265181.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

CD

Where did it come from?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/204916/20200205_193713-1265181.jpg
Drool! Those are beauties! These old bcg's are super slick too. Almost like a chrome or NiB carrier. It's also got either the original bolt or a period correct bolt with it. I've got 4 more builds still in need of the correct bolt carrier, hint hint.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 11:14:36 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

I looked at my invoice and it's technically $165 for the 4P and $10 for shipping. It's not too bad.. but yeah selling at MAP is cooler.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 11:44:54 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

I appreciate you posting this.  I've been reading up on it recently as well including the Pew Science stuff.  Also that Surefire may be retuning their suppressor mounts for improvement.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 11:49:54 PM EDT
[#36]

I appreciate you posting this.  I've been reading up on it recently as well including the Pew Science stuff.  Also that Surefire may be retuning their suppressor mounts for improvement.
View All Quotes

No problem. I’m still not sure how widespread this knowledge is. Maybe one day Surefire will update the Warcomp to keep the unsuppressed benefits but regain the seals from the FH/MB that help with suppressed use.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 12:45:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 2:17:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Damn that looks fine! The GG looks mean on mk18!
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 5:19:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Is there any way to still get a new SureFire RC?
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:36:27 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Not that I’m aware of. Keep an eye on GB. Or just get a RC2. It’s the same silencer.

When my SB gets in I am going to get a few pictures together to compare the RC, SB and RC2 for the benefit of everyone.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:10:30 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
If I find one while browsing I'll pass along the info. Thought I found one the other day. Ad said surefire RC. A few days later it was edited to include "black" and "RC2". I bet he got a lot of inquiries before changing the ad.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Nope. Unless you can find one that's been sitting on a dealer's shelf. Surefire stopped making them.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:28:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By sbye:

Nope. Unless you can find one that's been sitting on a dealer's shelf. Surefire stopped making them.
View All Quotes

Not that I’m aware of. Keep an eye on GB. Or just get a RC2. It’s the same silencer.

When my SB gets in I am going to get a few pictures together to compare the RC, SB and RC2 for the benefit of everyone.

If I find one while browsing I'll pass along the info. Thought I found one the other day. Ad said surefire RC. A few days later it was edited to include "black" and "RC2". I bet he got a lot of inquiries before changing the ad.

Thanks. So probably $400 if you can't find one in your state?
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:37:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mdavis] [#44]

Thanks. So probably $400 if you can't find one in your state?
View Quote

You mean if buying from an out-of-state individual? Yes, it would be $400 in total transfer fees ($200 from seller to your dealer and then $200 from your dealer to you).

ETA: Go with a RC2 if you see one. It's literally the same silencer (SF just updated the manufacturing process to be more automated/simpler). Why they needed to change the roll-mark to RC2 from RC I'll never know, but it's not worth going through the effort to find a RC if you see a RC2 somewhere IMO. Or heck, get a SB (or SB2) if you can't find a RC/RC2. The SB is the same RC but with a slightly larger bore diameter for short barrels. Once I get mine in, I will do a direct RC-to-SB comparison and see if that's the case as I understand it to be.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:54:09 AM EDT
[#45]

You mean if buying from an out-of-state individual? Yes, it would be $400 in total transfer fees ($200 from seller to your dealer and then $200 from your dealer to you).

ETA: Go with a RC2 if you see one. It's literally the same silencer (SF just updated the manufacturing process to be more automated/simpler). Why they needed to change the roll-mark to RC2 from RC I'll never know, but it's not worth going through the effort to find a RC if you see a RC2 somewhere IMO. Or heck, get a SB (or SB2) if you can't find a RC/RC2. The SB is the same RC but with a slightly larger bore diameter for short barrels. Once I get mine in, I will do a direct RC-to-SB comparison and see if that's the case as I understand it to be.
View Quote

Well, cosmetically for "clone" you know.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:57:56 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Yeah I get it. It's a sickness that I'm afflicted with too.

I also think we will start to see pictures of the RC2 in the wild soon as they replace the original RCs. Then it will be kosher and everyone will start buying RC2s.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

FYI, my RC2 purchased Feb. 2021 has the NSN engraved.  So it's "in the system" and I agree, we'll likely see ITW photos and cloners everywhere will rejoice.

From what I understand, there was a slight modification to the baffle design with the RC2, and of course the end cap is different.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:58:04 AM EDT
[#48]
RC Master Race

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/8/2021 11:11:07 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

The RC and RC2 have minor differences. I have both (tan RC, and RC2 in black that I painted).

Aside from the noticeable exterior differences, at least the blast baffle is different. I’m not sure about the rest of the stack however. The RC2 also appears to be slightly longer, but that could be due to the change in the front end.

Link Posted: 4/8/2021 11:50:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1436 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top