Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1423 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

Finally came in . Now to decide what to put it on.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:17:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/6904BE43-D71C-46F9-8B4C-A400D17C022E_jpe-1851735.JPG

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:21:11 PM EDT
[#3]
So devgru uses a sbr Noveske?
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:56:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DougFresh:
So devgru uses a sbr Noveske?
View Quote

I’m intrigued and want to know more. I’m a fan of noveske products since I remember when john was there.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 10:01:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

I'm intrigued and want to know more. I'm a fan of noveske products since I remember when john was there.
View Quote
Tiny crumb is the guy to ask about that and due to the nature of the unit their isn't allot of info out there about it but the short answer is yes. His build is pretty bad ass!
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 10:06:20 PM EDT
[#6]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/6904BE43-D71C-46F9-8B4C-A400D17C022E_jpe-1851735.JPG
View Quote

Nothing. Stick it back into the priority box and trade me.

Looks great, just the right amount of salt too.

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 10:07:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DougFresh:
Thanks for the replies guys. I admit I am a bit light on knowledge about the AR 15 I bought the Daniel defense iMK 18 because I’m worried I won’t be able to buy an AR pistol in the next few months. I really wanted a shorter barrel HKMR556 but I don’t we’re ever going to get it because everybody on the forum says HK hates us.
View Quote

You can get a mr556 and have it cut down to 10.4". This is mine with my CQBR.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 12:07:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Dat DD upper thou...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 1:07:35 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Interesting hah.

Still have my factory DD Mk18 upper from like 2012 or 2013 when I bought it.

I need to pick up an M84 charging handle and I think I'm going to snag (and SBR) a Palmetto M4A1 marked lower to make this look a little more clone correct.

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 1:28:59 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
Very interesting... guy on the right definitely isn't American. Then the dd upper has some interesting attachments on it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 1:56:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TinyCrumb] [#11]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

Where are we getting the info that DEVGRU is switching from HK 416s over to Noveske 10.5" systems? I know all about the spotting of the gen 3 Noveskes with ATACRs mounted but everything else I could find was on Airsoft boards and Japanese gun blogs. Are we sure these aren't just SMU COT purchases?

https://teppoblog.com/noveske/

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Where are we getting the info that DEVGRU is switching from HK 416s over to Noveske 10.5" systems? I know all about the spotting of the gen 3 Noveskes with ATACRs mounted but everything else I could find was on Airsoft boards and Japanese gun blogs. Are we sure these aren't just SMU COT purchases?

https://teppoblog.com/noveske/

LOL. I'm getting the info from myself and my own eyes.

Originally Posted By Ivan1:

I’m intrigued and want to know more. I’m a fan of noveske products since I remember when john was there.
I have the wrong can on (Sandman is still in jail) and the wrong Aimpoint mount (Fortis) in this picture but the gist of the build is 10.5" custom profiled barrels in 300 and 5.56, Gen 3 uppers, Gen 1 lowers and a few other specific odds and ends.

This is an old pic but a good one, here's sec Pompeo being protected by some "All American Badass Rifles".

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:04:23 AM EDT
[#12]
There were some pics a few years ago showing AFSOC dudes running issued DD uppers.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:59:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MNRidesHonda] [#13]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

I have the wrong can on (Sandman is still in jail) and the wrong Aimpoint mount (Fortis) in this picture but the gist of the build is 10.5" custom profiled barrels in 300 and 5.56, Gen 3 uppers, Gen 1 lowers and a few other specific odds and ends.

https://i.imgur.com/MzpvwqG.jpg

This is an old pic but a good one, here's sec Pompeo being protected by some "All American Badass Rifles".

https://i.imgur.com/H7LvJX2.jpg
View Quote

That rifle is pretty close!

I have a couple hi res pics but can't post them here since the companies that are involved in making that gun and USSOCOM lurk all these clone threads

Edit to add: I just realized after typing yours is 5.56. If that thing is 300 BLK it would have been super close.

2nd edit to add: Tracking on the 5.56 gun now
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 6:35:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M4AZ] [#14]
Elcan showed up today.

230 & 231
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 8:59:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TinyCrumb] [#15]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:

I have a couple hi res pics but can't post them here since the companies that are involved in making that gun and USSOCOM lurk all these clone threads

Edit to add: I just realized after typing yours is 5.56. If that thing is 300 BLK it would have been super close
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:10:51 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

I suddenly have a hankering for a 10.5 300.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 11:45:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Edit to add: I just realized after typing yours is 5.56. If that thing is 300 BLK it would have been super close
View Quote

🙄 it's not some top secret wonder weapon. Noveske has pics of it and the cerakoted sandman on their IG

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Was just looking at Noveske Shorty 300s - wow...

And I thought KAC guns were expensive.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 12:09:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By M4A1SOPMOD:

it's not some top secret wonder weapon. Noveske has pics of it and the cerakoted sandman on their IG

View Quote
when quad nods aren't enough
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 12:47:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Edit to add: I just realized after typing yours is 5.56. If that thing is 300 BLK it would have been super close.

View All Quotes

I'm sure SOCOM has better things to do than watch ARFCOM clone threads
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 12:58:33 PM EDT
[#21]

it's not some top secret wonder weapon. Noveske has pics of it and the cerakoted sandman on their IG

https://i.ibb.co/qsfgkXc/20210305-082851.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/H7VrdRF/20210305-093414.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/8mMkXmt/Screenshot-20210225-133755-Reddit.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/pKL8RHx/EX8-PLy4-XYAEQFHZ.jpg
View All Quotes

https://i.ibb.co/qsfgkXc/20210305-082851.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/H7VrdRF/20210305-093414.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/8mMkXmt/Screenshot-20210225-133755-Reddit.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/pKL8RHx/EX8-PLy4-XYAEQFHZ.jpg

Are these 5.56 guns or 300 blk?
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By cone256:

I'm sure SOCOM has better things to do than watch ARFCOM clone threads
View Quote

You’d thought that but I got in trouble last March for posting part of the gun and the can and had to take them down. I won’t go into details much more than that.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

View Quote

Both. They are identical other than the marking on the port door and gas length (5.56 is carbine length and 300 is pistol length).
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Both. They are identical other than the marking on the port door and gas length (5.56 is carbine length and 300 is pistol length).
View All Quotes

Ahh interesting - very cool.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 3:24:48 PM EDT
[#25]
We need a (NSWDG) DEVGRU clone thread. Who's going to step up to the plate? @TinyCrumb?
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#26]
We need a (NSWDG) DEVGRU clone thread. Who's going to step up to the plate? @TinyCrumb?
View Quote
I've got a Noveske Gen 1 stripped lower needing a purpose...make it happen.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 4:05:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By fivepointoh:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fivepointoh:

This is the way.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 4:10:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wayfaerer320] [#28]
I know little to nothing about Noveske guns.

Is there something unique or special about their shorty 300 and 556 guns that warrants their $2,700 price tag? Not bashing, just honestly curious.

And not to get too far off topic here, but are any of their commercial offerings the exact same thing (minus the auto switch)?
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#29]

Is there something unique or special about their shorty 300 and 556 guns that warrants their $2,700 price tag? Not bashing, just honestly curious.

And not to get too far off topic here, but are any of their commercial offerings the exact same thing (minus the auto switch)?
View Quote
It's a lifestyle. But seriously, I despised the way the company went after John passed, coming from someone with a RIS II mounted to an 11.5 Noveske barrel and Vltor upper receiver. But his wife kept the company afloat and now scoring contracts has to be a huge win. Never really been a fan of the exposed screws on the NSR rails, but I suppose it works. I'm shopping this build right now, not sure it is worth it when I'm still trying to finish my two Mk18 builds (CQBR and a Mod 0 at the same time). But if I'm early to the game I suppose I can be IG famous lol.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:04:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinyCrumb] [#30]
View All Quotes

Haha, I'm happy to contribute if one starts up. Unfortunately I only know of 5 people total that have cloned that gun so far and I don't think any of em are on arf.

I'll let other people debate the price tag, but no, the commercial offerings are not close to the dev gun. You pretty much have to build it yourself.

- It uses a combination of a Gen 1 lower (for a reason) with a Gen 3 upper and that's not a configuration you'll find off-the-shelf
- The barrel is a custom profile that's not available from them commercially (there's only a handful of them in civi hands at the moment)
- The caliber-marked port doors are not offered commercially
- The NSR hardware is not offered commercially

Everything else you need to just sort of piece together like the Magpul furniture & trigger guard, upper & lower parts, etc…

Then you need to get the lower, upper, rail and can body coated FDE.

- $370 - Barrel
- $20 - Gas tube
- $90 - Keymo Flash Hider
- $850 - Sandman
- $400 - Tax stamps
- $250 - NSR Rail
- $290 - Gen 3 Upper Receiver
- $200 - Gen 1 Lower Receiver
- $200 - Geissele SSA trigger
- $65 - Noveske FA, end plate, takedown pins
- $65 - Mil-spec LPK
- $15 - Port cover
- $100 - Noveske marked ACH
- $70 - Magpul furniture (SL-K stock, K2 Grip, Trigger Guard)
- $60 - Buffer tube, spring, buffer

If I'm not forgetting anything off the top of my head, that's $3045 before Cerakote and assembly with can included. In the world of clones, that's not horrible. This is obviously based on retail pricing which might not be doable on things like the lower/upper receivers in the current market. And of course for the rare stuff like the barrel you may end up paying a markup or using an alternative. But there's also other items that can be had on-sale or finding deals elsewhere too.

Where it really starts to get expensive is adding the optics, ngal and light. That's an additional $6k minimum.

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#31]

Haha, I'm happy to contribute if one starts up. Unfortunately I only know of 5 people total that have cloned that gun so far and I don't think any of em are on arf.

I'll let other people debate the price tag, but no, the commercial offerings are not close to the dev gun. You pretty much have to build it yourself.

- It uses a combination of a Gen 1 lower (for a reason) with a Gen 3 upper and that's not a configuration you'll find off-the-shelf
- The barrel is a custom profile that's not available from them commercially (there's only a handful of them in civi hands at the moment)
- The caliber-marked port doors are not offered commercially
- The NSR hardware is not offered commercially

Everything else you need to just sort of piece together like the Magpul furniture & trigger guard, upper & lower parts, etc

Then you need to get the lower, upper, rail and can body coated FDE.

- $370 - Barrel
- $20 - Gas tube
- $90 - Keymo Flash Hider
- $850 - Sandman
- $400 - Tax stamps
- $250 - NSR Rail
- $290 - Gen 3 Upper Receiver
- $200 - Gen 1 Lower Receiver
- $200 - Geissele SSA trigger
- $65 - Noveske FA, end plate, takedown pins
- $65 - Mil-spec LPK
- $15 - Port cover
- $100 - Noveske marked ACH
- $70 - Magpul furniture (SL-K stock, K2 Grip, Trigger Guard)
- $60 - Buffer tube, spring, buffer

If I'm not forgetting anything off the top of my head, that's $3045 before Cerakote and assembly with can included. In the world of clones, that's not horrible. This is obviously based on retail pricing which might not be doable on things like the lower/upper receivers in the current market. And of course for the rare stuff like the barrel you may end up paying a markup. But there's also other items that can be had on-sale or finding deals elsewhere too.

Where it really starts to get expensive is adding the optics, ngal and light. That's an additional $6k minimum.

View Quote

Thanks for listing all of that out - answers a lot of my questions and satisfies my curiosity.

Appreciate it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 6:30:50 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

JSOC clone picture thread

We need Sig to sell a LVAW upper/rifle/pistol, though allegedly, current LVAW are just MCX Virtus with a different barrel/gas block.

And then there’s Rattler uppers on M4A1 lowers with MCX folding stocks.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 6:36:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

We need Sig to sell a LVAW upper/rifle/pistol, though allegedly, current LVAW are just MCX Virtus with a different barrel/gas block.

And then there's Rattler uppers on M4A1 lowers with MCX folding stocks.
View All Quotes

Would be cool to have a thread dedicated to all the oddball and uncommon SOF guns out there.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
I'm low key a sucker for jsoc pistols
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#35]
I got the most of the parts gathered sitting in a bin for the Noveske DEV build.  Just need that damn NSR rail, then send it all out for cerakote.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Remember when tinycrumb changed the topic name to “brown sopmod stocks” because we discussed them too much. Maybe he can change it to the Noveske forum.

Back to regularly scheduled programming-
Need to go sight in the new elcan.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 8:49:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Conner378:
Remember when tinycrumb changed the topic name to “brown sopmod stocks” because we discussed them too much. Maybe he can change it to the Noveske forum.

https://i.postimg.cc/wjRHvPCX/46470834-97-F9-421-C-B8-D4-E48-DF1-EBE89-A.jpg
View Quote

I need a knock around cqbr to carry on my wheeler.  That picture gets me salivating.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 8:51:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Conner378:
Remember when tinycrumb changed the topic name to "brown sopmod stocks" because we discussed them too much. Maybe he can change it to the Noveske forum.

https://i.postimg.cc/wjRHvPCX/46470834-97-F9-421-C-B8-D4-E48-DF1-EBE89-A.jpg
View Quote
What's a zero? Now w/ more NAVSEA

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Poop stock say what?

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:26:52 PM EDT
[#40]

Nice, I need to get a tan MRDS mount if anyone has a lead. Messaged a guy on the EE but haven’t heard back. Got an MRDS kit today to top it off.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:37:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

My SASS is the wrong color.

Wait....was that racist?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/204916/20201230_125323-1755169.jpg
View Quote

Need's more Taupe.

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:06:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 762hunter2] [#42]
A lil more clone correct. Dropped the Scalarworks for a Larue LT660. Did not dig the M600DF though and swapped it for a Modlite PLHV2

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:07:17 PM EDT
[#43]

Where'd all these 230's show up from all of a sudden? Feel like I missed the boat.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:18:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

Need's more Taupe.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51006893673_59524b31ab_k.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

My SASS is the wrong color.

Wait....was that racist?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/204916/20201230_125323-1755169.jpg

Need's more Taupe.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51006893673_59524b31ab_k.jpg

The only thing I wish mine had would be the ambi lower.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:49:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#45]

View Quote
I saw you checkin out some elcan action in the ee. I got my eyes a couple

View Quote
That upper, that mbus, and that rc2, wtf is going on here?

Where'd all these 230's show up from all of a sudden? Feel like I missed the boat.
View Quote

There were some drmo'd/ whatever you wanna call em posted in the ee not long ago. That's where all the painted up ones came from. That and I think some on eBay.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:56:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:

.that upper, mbus, and rc2, wtf is going on here?

I quoted the wrong post. There were some drmo'd/ whatever you wanna call em posted in the ee not long ago. That's where all the painted up ones came from. That and I think so,e on eBay.
View All Quotes

.that upper, mbus, and rc2, wtf is going on here?

The only thing I wish mine had would be the ambi lower.
I quoted the wrong post. There were some drmo'd/ whatever you wanna call em posted in the ee not long ago. That's where all the painted up ones came from. That and I think so,e on eBay.

I saw a post for some really salty ones a month or so. They were missing the battery knobs and while I was in the process of talking to ELCAN about repairing one they had all sold out from under me.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 11:05:16 PM EDT
[#47]

I saw a post for some really salty ones a month or so. They were missing the battery knobs and while I was in the process of talking to ELCAN about repairing one they had all sold out from under me.
View Quote
Would you mind DMing me on there response?
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 11:20:35 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes

Never got a definitive answer before I told them "never mind, they got sold". Initial response sounded like they would repair it. They did ask for some pics and I just gave them the images I saved from the ad. Might be worth firing them an email and asking how far can they generally go. See if they can give you some general guidelines so you can pounce on one before waiting on a response from them.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 11:39:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#49]

Never got a definitive answer before I told them "never mind, they got sold". Initial response sounded like they would repair it. They did ask for some pics and I just gave them the images I saved from the ad. Might be worth firing them an email and asking how far can they generally go. See if they can give you some general guidelines so you can pounce on one before waiting on a response from them.
View All Quotes

That was more than two months ago already. Lol. A month after the first 3 with busted battery compartments and contacts, he posted another 6 or so that were fairly rough but had all compartments, and 1 that looked barely used. Prices weren't to far from most posted in the ee, however they did have the su230 marking and proper reticle.

Edit- that’d be interesting to hear if they’d repair ex su230’s like that. Is it very complicated dealing with the itar regulations when shipp8ng the optic to and from Canada? Isn’t there a process/ specific listening required for such a shipment?
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 12:03:14 AM EDT
[#50]
That was more than two months ago already. Lol. A month after the first 3 with busted battery compartments and contacts, he posted another 6 or so that were fairly rough but had all compartments, and 1 that looked barely used. Prices weren't to far from most posted in the ee, however they did have the su230 marking and proper reticle.

Edit- that’d be interesting to hear if they’d repair ex su230’s like that. Is it very complicated dealing with the itar regulations when shipp8ng the optic to and from Canada? Isn’t there a process/ specific listening required for such a shipment?
View All Quotes

Oh damn, he listed more? Sonofa.....

IIRC, there's a repair facility in Indiana. Maybe. Not 100% sure. Could be talking out of my 4th point of contact.
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1423 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top