AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1392 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:49:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eMc9001] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

Which one are you looking at? Stand along or scope ring mount? If stand alone, I think the stand alone trex arms mount and the arisaka mounts give you some extra height for passive.
View Quote

Badger C1 offset. I've had to buy 3 T2's for other builds though

ETA pic thread:

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 12:32:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

https://i.imgur.com/Hy0Ifoc.jpg

ETA pic thread:

https://i.imgur.com/QtIAodX.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

Which one are you looking at? Stand along or scope ring mount? If stand alone, I think the stand alone trex arms mount and the arisaka mounts give you some extra height for passive.

https://i.imgur.com/Hy0Ifoc.jpg

ETA pic thread:

https://i.imgur.com/QtIAodX.jpg

pure sex man.

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

Thanks man, just need binos now lol.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

oh boy! yeah, it never ends.....
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 1:40:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Hydra-shokz:

@allensaldi

Very cool! Do you have these for sale?
View Quote

Working on getting some made at the moment. You can check out my site. Just google Classified Defense.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By allensaldi:

Working on getting some made at the moment. You can check out my site. Just google Classified Defense.
View Quote

I'm on your waiting list. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 2:17:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By StowaNewb:

RC or RC2?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StowaNewb:
Originally Posted By BurtSaun1049:

Your clearance looks identical to mine, and mine you couldn't get a tighter fit.

RC or RC2?

RC
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:36:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Whats the most clone correct Aimpoint Micro & mount/riser?
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 6:34:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DeputySteel:
Whats the most clone correct Aimpoint Micro & mount/riser?
View Quote

T1/T2 are both widely seen. LaRue LT660 as for a mount. As of lately though there's been quite a few Unity Fast mount's and KAC Skyscraper along with Scalarworks LEAP in the wild.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 9:39:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Nice man.
I'm going to assume it's a FN Socom

Great barrels, I wish I would have bite the bullet and stocked at least one extra.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:

Nice man.

Great barrels, I wish I would have bite the bullet and stocked at least one extra.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:

Nice man.

Yep, kicking myself for not grabbing any 14.5"s when they were available.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:15:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smitty_007] [#14]
Anyone know what the bore size is on the Socom RC/RC2 & KAC NT4?  Been curious the difference in bore size between the two and the SB series.  Not really sure why I’m interested...just been wondering.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:32:15 PM EDT
[#15]

The FN SOCOM barrels are awesome. I'm rocking one in my MK18 as well
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 4:23:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4nik8r] [#16]
Is my G&R Tactical 10.3" CQB 5.56 barrel chrome lined?
it says so in there description but i found this thread that lays claim to FN and Colt barrels being button broached per TDP.
Does that only apply to SOCOM barrels?

FN vs Colt SOCOM barrel
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 4:42:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 4nik8r:
Is my G&R Tactical 10.3" CQB 5.56 barrel chrome lined?
it says so in there description but i found this link that lays claim to FN and Colt barrels being button broached per TDP.
Does that only apply to SOCOM barrels?

FN vs Colt SOCOM barrel
View Quote

The way the rifling is cut has nothing to do with if it's chrome lined.

Colt 10.3"s are chrome lined.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 10:45:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Thanos7856:

The FN SOCOM barrels are awesome. I'm rocking one in my MK18 as well
View Quote

The FN SOCOM and the DD MK12 Gas Block make for a very tight fit. I've got to hone out a few DD gas blocks recently for customer builds. Is anyone else exhibiting the same issues?
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 12:33:21 AM EDT
[#19]

The FN SOCOM and the DD MK12 Gas Block make for a very tight fit. I've got to hone out a few DD gas blocks recently for customer builds. Is anyone else exhibiting the same issues?
View Quote

Yes, tight fit.  I add a touch of moly grease.

CD
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 12:46:29 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

It was probably the upper I had you assemble for me a few weeks ago with one of the FN SOCOM barrels.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 1:54:09 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Try warming up your gb rather than honing.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 12:52:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

CD
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

CD

I have found the DD and Badger mk12 blocks to be super tight too on a couple white oak SPR barrels. I ended up ruining one of them, used the heating method. By the time it cooled it was not at the right 12 o'clock orientation, or far enough and banged it up and deformed it pretty bad removing it. 70 bucks down the drain.

On the second one I ended up taking 1000 grit to the inside and removing the park or w.e the coating was. it did slip on well afterwards, it still had friction for sure, and was by no means loose.  

IDK if this was the right approach however.. ill try the molly next time.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 9:52:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: allensaldi] [#23]

It was probably the upper I had you assemble for me a few weeks ago with one of the FN SOCOM barrels.
View Quote

It was actually another customer from VA. To be honest, it ended up making a small superficial scratch on the barrel that I let him know about and he was super cool with it.

I actually contacted my guy at DD and he agreed that that particular gas block was just slightly undersized/out of spec which was what cause that particular issue. I ended up having to send it back to DD and they had to send me a replacement. I actually haven't even been able to get any for stock since this happened a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 9:54:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By APSArmament:

View Quote

You wouldn't believe how hot the gas block gets when you are honing it with a high speed drill.

For some reason, the tolerance stack between the FN barrel and the DD MK12 Gas Block is really tight. Way to tight for my liking recently.

I have tried other Gas Blocks like SLR, BCM, and Aero on the same FN barrel and they too are snug but not darn near impossible like the DD MK12.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 9:55:53 AM EDT
[#25]

You wouldn't believe how hot the gas block gets when you are honing it with a high speed drill.

For some reason, the tolerance stack between the FN barrel and the DD MK12 Gas Block is really tight. Way to tight for my liking recently.

I have tried other Gas Blocks like SLR, BCM, and Aero on the same FN barrel and they too are snug but not darn near impossible like the DD MK12.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By APSArmament:

I think it's the gas block in your case at least. I've never had a problem with Badger Mk12s and GI barrels.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 9:56:54 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
Would a KAC MK12 gas black work?
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 10:00:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: allensaldi] [#27]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

I think it's the gas block in your case at least. I've never had a problem with Badger Mk12s and GI barrels.
View Quote

Oh it absolutely was. I had a buddy of mine with one in stock so I was able to get the upper assembled the same day. That gas block was very snug too but didn't cause any additional problems.

I actually always test fit gas blocks prior to the final installation. If they go on with what I deem to be excessive resistance, I will lightly coat the ID of the gas block and the OD of the barrel with oil. Once the gas block is on the barrel,  I spray some brake cleaner in the set screw holes and clean them out to make sure the Loctite sets up properly.

It just seems that you'll get that 1 out of every 100 build that no matter what you do, it just breaks your stones.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 9:57:29 AM EDT
[#28]

It was actually another customer from VA. To be honest, it ended up making a small superficial scratch on the barrel that I let him know about and he was super cool with it.

I actually contacted my guy at DD and he agreed that that particular gas block was just slightly undersized/out of spec which was what cause that particular issue. I ended up having to send it back to DD and they had to send me a replacement. I actually haven't even been able to get any for stock since this happened a few weeks ago.
View Quote

Very interesting thanks for the info. Yeah they must of had an out of spec batch. Glad they took care of you and the customer though and it worked out.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 10:45:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: allensaldi] [#29]

Very interesting thanks for the info. Yeah they must of had an out of spec batch. Glad they took care of you and the customer though and it worked out.
View Quote

DD is great to work with. Those guys are top level when it comes to customer service.

How is that upper running that I built for you? I'm wanting to build a Block 2 but I'm trying to decide on what barrel to get. Plus Colt Cage Code Uppers are unobtanium at the moment. I told my rep that I'm starving over here and he kinda just chuckled at me lol.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 11:19:42 AM EDT
[#30]

DD is great to work with. Those guys are top level when it comes to customer service.

How is that upper running that I built for you? I'm wanting to build a Block 2 but I'm trying to decide on what barrel to get. Plus Colt Cage Code Uppers are unobtanium at the moment. I told my rep that I'm starving over here and he kinda just chuckled at me lol.
View All Quotes

Best way to build a Block II right now is to buy a 6920 URG.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#31]
We’re complete dd 10.3 uppers ever used? Are they clone correct?
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 4:14:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
We’re complete dd 10.3 uppers ever used? Are they clone correct?
View Quote

I don't recall seeing evidence of that. It's probable that DD 10.3" barrels were issued though.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 4:46:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Oh it absolutely was. I had a buddy of mine with one in stock so I was able to get the upper assembled the same day. That gas block was very snug too but didn't cause any additional problems.

[color=#1e84cc]I actually always test fit gas blocks prior to the final installation. If they go on with what I deem to be excessive resistance, I will lightly coat the ID of the gas block and the OD of the barrel with oil. Once the gas block is on the barrel,  I spray some brake cleaner in the set screw holes and clean them out to make sure the Loctite sets up properly.

It just seems that you'll get that 1 out of every 100 build that no matter what you do, it just breaks your stones.
View Quote

[/color]

Dude, ain't that the truth? I'm a big fan of pinned A2 FSB's... But the half dozen low-pro gas block under rail-style clones I've built... every damned one of them had a slightly out of spec/too tight GB that I either had to return or finesse in some way or another...
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 5:27:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Does anyone have a dd barrelnut wrench I can borrow? Will pay shipping each way
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By hatexoc:
View Quote

PM incoming.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Just FYI, these are $11 shipped from Daniel Defense. They're also the new design, which means they thicc... and sturdy. Not bendy like the old ones.

Make the move here.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 8:40:19 PM EDT
[#37]
This is good right?
No drop
No bump
Just 120 rounds

2nd one down
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 8:48:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UndrGrndPrdcts] [#39]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 8:52:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 8:59:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hatexoc] [#41]
Sometimes it’s high, sometime it’s out of sight picture.
I’ll send it back tomorrow, just annoying as I have a su231 marked 553 that can’t be fixed as well
I really like these but this may be the last straw

ETA my post was a little misleading. Only 120mrounds today. Used it For a hunt last week and shot after and it was fine.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 9:04:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: allensaldi] [#42]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:

Just FYI, these are $11 shipped from Daniel Defense. They're also the new design, which means they thicc... and sturdy. Not bendy like the old ones.

Make the move here.
View Quote

They are the same thickness as the black ones that they used to have that you couldn't buy. You had to, in essence, know someone to get a black one. I noticed the new thicker wrenches in some of the new MK18 rails I had come though.

They will still slip and/or bend. I can promise you that. I have had it happen multiple times. Hence the reason I designed and produce one a superior one.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Their customer service is second to none. Upper is running great! Right after I got it back from you I ran it in a rifleman 1 course at Valor Ridge. Hopefully Colt uppers come back soon, seems like their urg's are available.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 10:42:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Sometimes it’s high, sometime it’s out of sight picture.
I’ll send it back tomorrow, just annoying as I have a su231 marked 553 that can’t be fixed as well
I really like these but this may be the last straw

ETA my post was a little misleading. Only 120mrounds today. Used it For a hunt last week and shot after and it was fine.
View Quote

Why not just buy a new updated one?
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 11:10:23 PM EDT
[#45]

They are the same thickness as the black ones that they used to have that you couldn't buy. You had to, in essence, know someone to get a black one. I noticed the new thicker wrenches in some of the new MK18 rails I had come though.

They will still slip and/or bend. I can promise you that. I have had it happen multiple times. Hence the reason I designed and produce one a superior one.
View Quote

Ah, makes sense. I was just comparing them to the thin, lame ones they used to sell us common folk.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 12:26:57 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Make the move here.

In my experience, the current DD wrench is only going to slip or bend if it isn't oriented correctly (i.e. torquing in the direction of the "closed" side of the wrench rather than the "open" side). Torquing toward the closed side could definitely lead to slippage/bending.

I've used mine quite a bit and zero issues.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 6:45:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Chikenmastr] [#47]
Mine did the same thing. Good thing is they replaced it fast.

@Hatexoc
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 9:39:09 AM EDT
[#48]

Ah, makes sense. I was just comparing them to the thin, lame ones they used to sell us common folk.
View Quote

Yes. Even their new one isn't .250" thick like mine.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 9:39:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By krdt:

In my experience, the current DD wrench is only going to slip or bend if it isn't oriented correctly (i.e. torquing in the direction of the "closed" side of the wrench rather than the "open" side). Torquing toward the closed side could definitely lead to slippage/bending.

View Quote

Why not have a wrench with 4 points of contact and never have to worry about trying to figure out what side you need to use?
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 10:01:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tweeter] [#50]
Originally Posted By krdt:

View Quote

it definitely wants to pull more than push.  my first one bent (severely) and I had to trash it
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1392 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top