Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 127
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 10:30:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By j_cobbers:

Those are the blems right?  I got one of the blem lowers and had to file down the inner walls of the magwell because of molding lines that were catching on my mags.
View Quote
Yeah the blems. At least the finishes match!!! Mine were good, no problems with casting flash and the finishes weren't bad.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 4:07:32 PM EDT
[#2]
To the 2A gentleman who has posted some on this thread: How about some teases on what 2A Arms will be showing at Shot Show?

I went in 2016 and came away knowing about the Xanthos receiver set and was one of the first to build a Xanthos rifle. But I swore to never do that again, way too big and too cool, my back and legs ached for days after.

The Xanthos upper could be made lighter, a cut between the rail would help cut weight.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 5:13:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Lol anybody planning a 308 build I got a steel mws lightweight nitrided carrier group and a v7 titanium carrier only. $150 for the steel, $250 for the titanium.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 7:54:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Just curious, the MWS site lists the steel lightweight 308 BCG at 12.0 ounces. That is really light weight, my Toolcraft titanium BCG with some cuts is down to 11.18 ounces using titanium firing pin and titanium key screws.

What does you MWS 308 BCG weigh?
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 4:00:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By breastroker:
Just curious, the MWS site lists the steel lightweight 308 BCG at 12.0 ounces. That is really light weight, my Toolcraft titanium BCG with some cuts is down to 11.18 ounces using titanium firing pin and titanium key screws.

View Quote
The carrier alone weighs 12 oz, this thing isn't even close to the jp steel 308 lmos carrier. And they use a semi proprietary bolt with a thicker firing pin channel. Standard bolts still work though.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote
So I started running my nfa polymer trigger groups using the original trigger with the improved hammer and disconnector. It works and it saved a gram.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 3:08:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll bite, how many grams are you down to?

I wish someone would make a melonite coated lighter weight 308 carrier, but at $100 cost for the carrier alone.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll bite, how many grams are you down to?

I wish someone would make a melonite coated lighter weight 308 carrier, but at $100 cost for the carrier alone.
View Quote
I'll check later, lol. The only real lightweight options for 308 carriers are jp steel, jp aluminum, or titanium. Maybe cryptic coatings will make one!
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:02:36 PM EDT
[#9]
For the lightweight rifle that needs to hit at distance.

TA33 by itself, no screws, no mount: 7.37 ounces

Midwest Industries QD mount, 2 screws: 2.18 ounces

SLR Rifleworks Long mount, 1 screw: 1.23 ounces
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 11:19:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ayedeedee] [#10]
Trying to figure how to post pics but made my own back plate out of carbon. Weighs about 1 gram
Carbon fiber ar15 back plate https://imgur.com/gallery/vbdmiWA
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 5:50:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vwfred69] [#11]
Steel vs drilled and flamed titanium
" />" />
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Your CF end plate looks exactly like the Smoke Composites one sold the last 3 years. That is a lot of work with dangerous CF, I hope you are using a face mask.

I build my own end plated from 21% oxygen and 79% Nitrogen, weight 0.00 grams. All my AR15 lower receivers are tapped for a 4/40 allen to hold the rear takedown spring in. I shorten the spring about 3/8 of an inch.

Most of my AR308 don't use any endplates either, the rear takedown spring is usually under the pistol grip.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Like Breastroker said Smoke Composites makes those already: http://www.smokecomposites.com/parts-and-accessories
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 4:11:01 PM EDT
[#14]
For anyone interested, I'll be posting multiple Boomfab Titane Bcgs in the EE later this evening
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 11:58:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By duanet85:
For anyone interested, I'll be posting multiple Boomfab Titane Bcgs in the EE later this evening
View Quote
Dlc black or the Titanium nitride? And how much?
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#16]
2A is FINALLY selling their 308 uppers seperately! And there was much rejoicing by those that like them on Tegra Lowers.

https://www.2a-arms.com/category-s/198.htm

Also, waiting to hear what the new Palouse-Lite Forged upper weighs. Set is 12 oz. It might beat out Aero in the value department.

saw the B.A.D. OIP 2 videos, the OIP was my inspiration to start building LW back in 15. Good to see their CF hand guard getting lighter and lighter.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 5:44:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: subroc] [#17]
Originally Posted By BKKJ:
2A is FINALLY selling their 308 uppers seperately! And there was much rejoicing by those that like them on Tegra Lowers.

https://www.2a-arms.com/category-s/198.htm

Also, waiting to hear what the new Palouse-Lite Forged upper weighs. Set is 12 oz. It might beat out Aero in the value department.

saw the B.A.D. OIP 2 videos, the OIP was my inspiration to start building LW back in 15. Good to see their CF hand guard getting lighter and lighter.
View Quote
I ordered 2 sets. I am not necessarily looking to build an ultralight gun, just a light one. I got a Faxon barrel on the way. Haven't decided on a handguard yet. I just stared looking at all the titanium doo-dah. I put a few hundred bucks worth in a shopping cart. Trying to figure what pieces are worth the premium and what pieces I would be just as well served with aluminum or even polymer options. Looking at the Hogue grip. Any opinions on the most bang for the buck light weight parts? i have read several pages (80-85) of this thread so far (still reading) to get some ideas. If anyone want to chime in on "no brainers" to save weight, I will consider everything.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 8:57:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Your CF end plate looks exactly like the Smoke Composites one sold the last 3 years. That is a lot of work with dangerous CF, I hope you are using a face mask.

I build my own end plated from 21% oxygen and 79% Nitrogen, weight 0.00 grams. All my AR15 lower receivers are tapped for a 4/40 allen to hold the rear takedown spring in. I shorten the spring about 3/8 of an inch.

Most of my AR308 don't use any endplates either, the rear takedown spring is usually under the pistol grip.
View Quote
I used a simple face mask I took from work (hospital) does make a lot of dust. But I spent like $4 for the carbon from the ebay China and it is enough to do  end plates for several and several other projects
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 3:08:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: breastroker] [#19]
I would never recommend a "simple hospital mask" for carbon Fiber cutting. I also always have a vacuum running that I got out of the trash, it's HEPA air filter prevents the microscopic particles from getting into the air stream.

Your statement
does make a lot of dust
View Quote
scares me, your mask if not good enough for cutting CF.

Read everything on cutting CF

Link Posted: 1/30/2019 11:40:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By subroc:

I ordered 2 sets. I am not necessarily looking to build an ultralight gun, just a light one. I got a Faxon barrel on the way. Haven't decided on a handguard yet. I just stared looking at all the titanium doo-dah. I put a few hundred bucks worth in a shopping cart. Trying to figure what pieces are worth the premium and what pieces I would be just as well served with aluminum or even polymer options. Looking at the Hogue grip. Any opinions on the most bang for the buck light weight parts? i have read several pages (80-85) of this thread so far (still reading) to get some ideas. If anyone want to chime in on "no brainers" to save weight, I will consider everything.
View Quote
Posted my builds a while back, I like retro triangle charging handles, mag tactical/fostech lightweight magnesium receivers, magnesium modular handguards, dark hour defense has the best value for these. Go to v7, their sister company, for titanium bolts. The steel torx bolts that come with them break, or get some steel ones from monster bolts on eBay. Don't even look at "modular" carbon fiber handguards, magnesium totally outclasses them. Only reason to go carbon fiber for this is if you want MAXIMUM weight savings you should do a straight tube. By maximum weight I mean less than 2 oz.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 8:43:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I would never recommend a "simple hospital mask" for carbon Fiber cutting. I also always have a vacuum running that I got out of the trash, it's HEPA air filter prevents the microscopic particles from getting into the air stream.

Your statement  scares me, your mask if not good enough for cutting CF.

Read everything on cutting CF

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff464/brasse/Facemask_zpskklwxkti.jpg
View Quote
+1

Ever see those Ambulance Chaser commercials on TV about Asbestos exposure?

This shit is even more pernicious.  I don't say this to be alarmist, it's a fact.

It's being used because it is so light, correct?  Well, the microscopic fibers float through the air even that much better.

Think I'm kidding?  If you're not sweaty or don't have oily skin, you might not even notice the evidence that you're inhaling, ingesting it around the dust mask.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By pscot468:
Posted my builds a while back, I like retro triangle charging handles, mag tactical/fostech lightweight magnesium receivers, magnesium modular handguards, dark hour defense has the best value for these. Go to v7, their sister company, for titanium bolts. The steel torx bolts that come with them break, or get some steel ones from monster bolts on eBay. Don't even look at "modular" carbon fiber handguards, magnesium totally outclasses them. Only reason to go carbon fiber for this is if you want MAXIMUM weight savings you should do a straight tube. By maximum weight I mean less than 2 oz.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks for the response. I took a look at the Fostech stuff. Still considering them. The magnesium handguard looks good. I did compare it to the MI UL and a similar price for a 7/10 oz less. The MI has a titanium barrel nut. I am going to consider them both. Thanks for some validation on the handguard. I had ruled out carbon fiber for the rifle build. I am considering a cut tube for a pistol build somewhere down the road. I am still reading this thread. I will look for your previous posts that reference your build. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Thanks for the response. I took a look at the Fostech stuff. Still considering them. The magnesium handguard looks good. I did compare it to the MI UL and a similar price for a 7/10 oz less. The MI has a titanium barrel nut. I am going to consider them both. Thanks for some validation on the handguard. I had ruled out carbon fiber for the rifle build. I am considering a cut tube for a pistol build somewhere down the road. I am still reading this thread. I will look for your previous posts that reference your build. Thanks again.
View Quote
No problem. I got my 556 rifle down to under 3.25 lbs. That's using carbon fiber upper/lower from blackthorne and tegra and an old discontinued magnesium bcm kmr-10 handguard with a stitchclimber/black label holsters skeletonized aluminum barrel nut and v7 Titanium hardware. The only lighter metal handguard set up like that would be a discontinued kmr-7 or 9 with the same hardware setup. Good luck finding one though.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:42:08 AM EDT
[#24]

No problem. I got my 556 rifle down to under 3.25 lbs. That's using carbon fiber upper/lower from blackthorne and tegra and an old discontinued magnesium bcm kmr-10 handguard with a stitchclimber/black label holsters skeletonized aluminum barrel nut and v7 Titanium hardware. The only lighter metal handguard set up like that would be a discontinued kmr-7 or 9 with the same hardware setup. Good luck finding one though.
View Quote
Sounds like a terrific set-up. I ended up ordering a dark hour. Thanks for the help.

What is anyone's experience with BAD lightweight butt stock accessory?
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:06:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pscot468] [#25]
Sounds like a terrific set-up. I ended up ordering a dark hour. Thanks for the help.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

If you want a 6 position stock there's nothing lighter than a classic style polymer car stock on a carbon fiber tube. Anybody seen jl billets new magnesium handguards??? Only available in 13 and 15 but they're stupidly light. Not available yet though.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#26]
As seen on their JL Billet's FB page...

💥JL Billet Ultra-Lite Magnesium Line💥

Introducing the JL Billet NANO 13” and NANO 15” M-LOK Rails for the AR-15 platform. Machined from a magnesium/aluminum blend and designed to be one of the lightest rails on the market. The marriage of magnesium, aluminum, and steel ensures that there is rigidity where needed to maximize the strength to weight ratio that the modern warrior demands. The JL Billet NANO product line is at least 25% lighter than other competitive ultra-lite rails on the market. When matched with the JL Billet reduced weight Skeletor Upper/Lower Receiver Set, it produces one of the most elite ultra-lite AR-15 builds available on the market today. 17" NANO rail coming soon.

Specifications:
☑️JLB-MAG-ULA-13 with an overall length of 13.5" and weighing 5.6oz with mounting hardware
☑️JLB-MAG-ULA-15 with an overall length of 15" and weighing 5.8oz with mounting hardware
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
I have one on an ar10 tube that i cut the positions off of and used a nylon spacer to limit buffer travel to the standard ar15 length. I like a short length of pull and a steep pistol grip. If you like longer LOP i would not recommend it.

On a side note, has anyone used this gas block? https://www.liveqordie.com/products/adjustable-gas-block-by-q/

0.75oz stainless steel for .750 barrels, considering for a 7.62x39 build.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Weight: 0.75 oz : NO I doubt it, more like 1.75 ounces
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Stupid politically correct companies. Got this from 2A Arms
 It looks like the LEO-MIL discount code is working just fine, so you might give it another shot. As far as our website goes, you will unfortunately have to make a new account. We were forced off of our old platform Shopify due to what we sell so the existing accounts are no longer active as it is a different software
View Quote
So those of you who want to build a true ultra light weight AR 308 or AR 6.5Creed can get the 9 ounce Xanthos upper receiver from 2A. First time they have sold separate, unless you had bought the entire set before like ME.

Ten percent off and only $10 for shipping is a great deal. This combined with a Tennessee Arms polymer lower can build you an under 5 pound AR large frame.

I had the 18 inch Faxon Match 6.5 Creedmoor barrel @ 39 ounces. I have two titanium muzzle brakes and have a JP LMOS steel carrier and a Toolcraft titanium 308 carrier. Have a spare Xanthos lower receiver complete at 15 ounces.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 6:25:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Mag tactical is killing it on the weight. Have torture tests on the magnesium alloy receivers? I am a bit skeptical ok its durability.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 8:36:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Not sure what you want. Want a M1 Abrams tank to run over the receivers? Try a 7075 aluminum set first!

In Lone Survivor they drop their AR's off the side of a mountain onto slate rocks. Was that luck or really great quality AR's?

I have had the Mag Tactical Lowers for over 5 years, changed out the triggers a dozen times, the stocks another dozen times. Other than tiny paint chips they have held up as good as any other lower I have used.

There is always someone who will come up with something bad to say about light weight parts, bottom line is they are usually MUCH higher quality and better fitment.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 10:08:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hfrog355] [#32]
Originally Posted By breastroker:There is always someone who will come up with something bad to say about light weight parts, bottom line is they are usually MUCH higher quality and better fitment.
View Quote
I've tossed my lightweight gun around quite a bit and it's been 100% reliable - just a hair over 1700 rounds on it. Not torture testing, but desert run and guns where it's in the dirt and over obstacles getting banged around and what not. Lotta V7 and 2A parts on there.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By JerDerv:

I have one on an ar10 tube that i cut the positions off of and used a nylon spacer to limit buffer travel to the standard ar15 length. I like a short length of pull and a steep pistol grip. If you like longer LOP i would not recommend it.

https://i.imgur.com/7TJ1u4j.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/YnPiCYi.jpg

On a side note, has anyone used this gas block? https://www.liveqordie.com/products/adjustable-gas-block-by-q/

0.75oz stainless steel for .750 barrels, considering for a 7.62x39 build.
https://www.liveqordie.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/products-HBGB-LEFT.jpg
View Quote
Thanks

That is what I was lookin' for. An image. I believe that order will be here by Saturday. I like a short LOP. I am not sure if it is too short. I will spend some time with it before deciding if it is too short. I am on the lookout for fiberlite stock. I don't want to pay anything for it so I am in no rush and will spend plenty of time evaluating the BAD Stock Plate. I am going to a gun show soon so might find one there. Anyway, nice rifle.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 12:36:43 PM EDT
[#34]

Thanks

That is what I was lookin' for. An image. I believe that order will be here by Saturday. I like a short LOP. I am not sure if it is too short. I will spend some time with it before deciding if it is too short. I am on the lookout for fiberlite stock. I don't want to pay anything for it so I am in no rush and will spend plenty of time evaluating the BAD Stock Plate. I am going to a gun show soon so might find one there. Anyway, nice rifle.
View Quote
I got several polymer buffer tubes and a polymer fiberlite style stock in the parts bin. Just pay shipping and I'll send it to you.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 5:02:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Be careful with the polymer carbine buffer tubes, they are slightly shorter inside than what they should be. The are very tough and very light weight though. I just cut a 1/16th off the tip of the buffer so the tube will work great.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Be careful with the polymer carbine buffer tubes, they are slightly shorter inside than what they should be. The are very tough and very light weight though. I just cut a 1/16th off the tip of the buffer so the tube will work great.
View Quote
I am trying to keep this a reasonably conventional build. I built a "light" rifle that came in at 6 pounds. I looked at it and figured I could shave a pound of that with little effort and that is what I am looking for with this build. I have followed some of the efforts by many here and am impressed. I am not looking to build a crazy light gun, but those efforts produce some terrific results and great ideas. I just want a lightweight rifle with mostly over the counter parts. A few ounces on the receiver set, a few ounces on the handguard, a few ounces on the stock, a few ounces on the BCG and pretty soon you're talkin' some real weight. I am using an aluminum tube not a polymer. My interest in the Colt fiberlite stock stems from the spreadsheet of weights. A few parts have showed up. The barrel is here, the handguard and the bolt. Everything is ordered but some stuff is back ordered. Waiting patiently.

I am sure I will have several more question down the road. I appreciate all that answered or commented.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#37]
I just cut a 1/16th off the tip
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#38]

I am trying to keep this a reasonably conventional build. I built a "light" rifle that came in at 6 pounds. I looked at it and figured I could shave a pound of that with little effort and that is what I am looking for with this build. I have followed some of the efforts by many here and am impressed. I am not looking to build a crazy light gun, but those efforts produce some terrific results and great ideas. I just want a lightweight rifle with mostly over the counter parts. A few ounces on the receiver set, a few ounces on the handguard, a few ounces on the stock, a few ounces on the BCG and pretty soon you're talkin' some real weight. I am using an aluminum tube not a polymer. My interest in the Colt fiberlite stock stems from the spreadsheet of weights. A few parts have showed up. The barrel is here, the handguard and the bolt. Everything is ordered but some stuff is back ordered. Waiting patiently.

I am sure I will have several more question down the road. I appreciate all that answered or commented.
View Quote
For my "duty" rifles i use iron city black diamond dlc lightweight bolt carriers and h3 buffers with adjustable gas. Lightest full auto steel carrier there is. Jp lmos steel is the lightest steel semi auto.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:32:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Regarding CF dust and replicating lightweight end plates already on the market...  It looks like I never posted what I did awhile back.

Cost:  free with scraps of 1/8" ABS lying around from other projects.  Nasty air particulates:  none.  The big advantage to making my own was I could match the profile of the TN Arms lower, being wider there to avoid the common failures of polymer extensions.

Approximate weight of the finished product was 0.1 oz (5g), being the closest my scale can go.  From what I found, ABS plastic = 1.03 grams per cubic centimeter, 6061 AL = 2.7 grams per cubic centimeter.  The standard aluminum end plate is also 1/8" thick, conveniently.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Someone went into the AR15 Parts Weights Database and deleted whole pages.

I was looking for the SLR titanium gas blocks, they state 0.70 ounces but I doubt it as they have a lot of steel parts on top of the titanium. I would expect 1 ounces for the 0.750 adjustable gas block
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 12:57:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Just checked it... Seems like it's all there. Temporary issue? Someone added a blank tab, but I got rid of that.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 4:17:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JerDerv] [#42]
Hey guys, so i have sifted through the PWD and searched the web but im just not finding a 7.62 muzzle device i like. Hoping you guys can help.

• .30 cal

• 5/8 x 24

• Flash suppressor

• Less than 1.5oz

• Reasonably priced

Only thing close to what i want is the V Seven A2 style comp but i know thats not a functional flash hider... I wish DSA would make their Ti A2 in 5/8 x 24.
A standard.30 cal A2 flash hider is only 1.9oz-2.0oz im contemplating doing some weight reduction to see how light i can get a steel one.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Look at the Anarchy Outdoors muzzle brake:

Grade 5 Titanium tri-port muzzle brake is perfect for any A-15, semi automatic, or bolt gun with a 5/8x24 tpi threaded barrel.

* Weighs only 1.15 Oz!
* 5/8x24 tpi thread
* Reduces recoil, muzzle rise and hides the flash
* Directly threads on your RPR or any barrel thread with 5/8×24tpi
* No dust kick up due to the three offest front ports
* Full Automatic capable
* Less then 1" of rise with a 30 round 5.56 mag.
* Crush washer included
* Glass bead finished
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:52:36 AM EDT
[#44]
I also use the anarchy outdoors 308 brake. Well it's actually an eBay knockoff but it's just as light!
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#45]
That actually looks ideal! How’s the blast on that? Does it still accomplish flash suppression?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#46]
My only concern is recoil reduction, I don't shoot at night so I don't know about the flash.

But if it's good enough for Weatherby on their magnum calibers it's good enough for me.

I feel it reduces recoil at least as good as most 2 chamber brakes, because there are 35 holes the gas is distributed evenly and has little or no muzzle rise.

I usually buy them on sale, but even the regular price is very good for titanium. And it is the lightest brake on the market. Who wants a weight at the front of the barrel?

I have actually had thoughts of cutting a quarter inch on the thread to cut some weight on my 3.9 pound AR308.

FYI the AR15 version weighs more at 1.15 ounces because with the same OD, the ID is smaller leaving more material. But it is marginally more effective as there are 7 distinct ledges or 7 chambers inside.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:57:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JerDerv] [#47]
Havent seen discussion on this yet. 5.21oz

https://www.dsarms.com/c-889-bolt-carrier-group.aspx?pagenum=1

Steel 9.1oz

https://www.dsarms.com/p-17127-dsa-ar15-enhanced-low-mass-sand-cut-complete-bolt-carrier-group-nitride-finish-556-223-300-blk.aspx

Link Posted: 2/20/2019 10:20:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DerekCB] [#48]
Can anyone point me towards an OG Magnesium BCM KMR 9? I’m also open to suggestions on 9 inch handguards of similar design (mlok or Keymod on 7-8 sides) that are equal to or less than in weight.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 11:42:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By DerekCB:
Can anyone point me towards an OG Magnesium BCM KMR 9? I’m also open to suggestions on 9 inch handguards of similar design (mlok or Keymod on 7-8 sides) that are equal to or less than in weight.
View Quote
You're just going to have to get lucky looking for a specific length.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/BCM-KMR-10-original-Magnesium-version-with-Arisaka-Scout-Mount-and-more/159-1850208/
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:13:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By DerekCB:
View Quote
Dark hour defense. It’s a sister company to V7.
Page / 127
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top