BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 38
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 8:42:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheGageinator] [#1]
3.414lb Lightest AR-15 in the world shooting video

I may do a breakdown video this week. I've got 500 rounds through it now.

3lbs 6.625oz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALLGbQZJuXI
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks buddy. I was having a hard time figuring out the pictures and video links working
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 1:23:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Lightest AR in the world?
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe it's click bait, and maybe it's the lightest! Haha. Lightest that falls under the given parameters of no polymer, no standard parts left off, no holes drilled on parts to lighten, must be rifle length.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 2:07:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SOCOM76] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By larrys:

Nice!!

How the heck did you do that? A few of the parts I see there aren’t the lightest available (stock, grip, RD), is there helium involved?
View Quote
If I'm not mistaken, that's the 22LR conversion that the mad scientists at 2A have been developing.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 6:08:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SOCOM76:

If I'm not mistaken, that's the 22LR conversion that the mad scientists at 2A have been developing.
View Quote
Ha! You’re right, I should have looked on Instagram first.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 11:15:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: themagikbullet] [#9]
Pretty pleased with this build, only thing left to add is an inforce wml and it'll be finished at 5lb 6oz.  If I were to remove the direct thread omega with titanium adaptor and front cap and go with a faxon fh, take 10.5oz off that figure

potato pic:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 6:04:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By themagikbullet:
Pretty pleased with this build, only thing left to add is an inforce wml and it'll be finished at 5lb 6oz.  If I were to remove the dt omega and go with a faxon fh, take 10.5oz off that figure

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/108746/IMG_2448__2_-323226.JPG
View Quote
Great looking build!
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 8:33:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: themagikbullet] [#11]
Put together a lw coyote rifle too.  Optic/mount combo is right at a pound iirc, 18" faxon gunner, standard bcm bcg, h2 buffer.  Might be fun with my ta33 too.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 2:52:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By PursuitSS:

https://i.imgur.com/3lO6Z0j.jpg
View Quote
I think a couple of you tried this or something similar? If so what weight did you end up at and details on the process?

Safety?
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 8:11:21 PM EDT
[#13]
4.98 pounds and it even looks like a regular rifle. I know I could have saved more weight with a skinnier barrel, different handguard, and possibly a minimalistic stock, but I wanted it to look as clodr to a 'norma' AR as possible.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 3:50:19 PM EDT
[#14]

I think I am done. 5 Lbs 8.6 ounces with optic and sling

...and it is actually a viable fighting rifle

...as long as I do not sit on it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 11:38:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nottooslow] [#15]
getting there. 4.921 lbs.

Probably going to send the Larue PredatAR to Adco to contour.

Still need sights.

Build thread HERE

sorry for the potato pics.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 1:00:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By nottooslow:
getting there. 4.921 lbs.

Probably going to send the Larue PredatAR to Adco to contour.

Still need sights.

Build thread HERE

https://i.imgur.com/NPq3mqb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PlOhGTm.jpg

sorry for the potato pics.
View Quote
Looking great! I’ve been following your build thread, did you mention what color you are doing when it’s done?
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Function tested and zero'd the 18" with wolf gold, shot really smooth and stacked the brass in a neat pile between 4 and 5 oclock.  Hoping for an honest 2-3 moa from the wolf with the lpv and non-match trigger, and will do some group testing with some gold dots and match type ammo soon.  I actually had an old spikes buffer in there instead of the h2 as mentioned earlier-I think st-t1? haven't used those in a long time but worked out perfect.

The 11.5" with omega, faxon lw carrier, and carbine buffer got set at 6 clicks open on the slr gb, ejecting 2-3 oclock using 62 gr fusion msr.  What a fun rifle, feels like a toy but shoots great.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 1:56:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Looking great! I’ve been following your build thread, did you mention what color you are doing when it’s done?
View Quote
Probably black. Might do some sort of a black / gray combo.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Pretty pleased with this build, only thing left to add is an inforce wml and it'll be finished at 5lb 6oz.  If I were to remove the direct thread omega with titanium adaptor and front cap and go with a faxon fh, take 10.5oz off that figure

potato pic:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/108746/IMG_2448__2_-323226.JPG
View Quote
Fantastic. Job well done.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By CarlosC:
4.98 pounds and it even looks like a regular rifle. I know I could have saved more weight with a skinnier barrel, different handguard, and possibly a minimalistic stock, but I wanted it to look as clodr to a 'norma' AR as possible.
https://i.imgur.com/SImkWMU.jpg
View Quote
Another job well done. Now get'r dirty!

Rock on,
Jim
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 10:16:35 PM EDT
[#21]
I recently put together a lightweight build for someone.  Looking through the thread I thought I'd hit close to the 5 lb mark as there (at a quick glance) appeared to be quite a few normal looking rifles that hit the mark.  I was a little disappointed when it came in at 5lb 13oz with the red dot.  Was I just expecting too much?  This was a budget build so I used stuff I had sitting around with some new stuff.  I wanted it lightweight and as soft shooting as possible.

Specs are:

Anderson Lower
Regular upper but with FA plugged.  (could have saved an ounce here maybe with a slick side but already had the upper)
Faxon pencil Barrel
Superlative Adjustable Gas Block
Empty Buffer w/ reduced power spring
Lightweight AIM BCG
Guntec Rail which was the lightest one I could find (7.7 oz IIRC)
Everything else not listed is just regular Milspec stuff.

I see areas where I could clearly shave some more weight but then stuff starts getting expensive because it's titanium or special parts like Battle Arms stuff which isn't cheap.  Am I missing anything obvious?

Lightweight Build
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 11:38:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MackDaddy1962] [#22]
You’re right brother, getting it down to 5lbs is expensive.

You can save quite a bit of weight by losing the Magpul CTR and optic. Replace with an MFT BMS stock, and VV 3MOA RD on a UTG LW .75” riser. These won’t break the bank and work wonders. I use the MFT stocks on my carbines, and Vortex Venoms on all of my builds.

Good job! As long as it shoots good and you like it that’s all that really matters!

Rock on,
Jim
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 6:42:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Anyone here have one of those crazy V7 2055 lowers (specifically the EX model) and a VLTOR MUR?  I’m trying to find a picture of them together to see if it’s an aesthetic match.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 9:22:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nada-Nada] [#24]
5lbs 7oz.

Including Suppressor. I don't think there are other under 6lb suppressed builds, could have missed some though.
Barrel length is ~8 inches. Effective length including dedicated suppressor is about 12.5 inches.

Lots of room to cut weight if it was that type of build. Has optics, irons and a light for one. Wouldn't have a suppressor if I was trying for uber light. This was a "Practical" build compared to my 3.5lb build, and there were some items I wasn't willing to drop, but I wanted as light as possible while meeting the design goals. This isn't intended to be a stealth shooter, just enough to be tolerable to shoot indoors in a pinch.

Shot her today, she's a killer.

Think... Honey Badger or Spikes Compressor - but lighter ... and better IMO. Shorter than some configs as well. I was definitely inspired by them.

Building a similar one on a BAD PDW, 2 is 1, 1 is none.

Link Posted: 12/16/2017 9:30:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Nada-Nada:
5lbs 7oz.

Including Suppressor. I don't think there are other under 6lb suppressed builds, could have missed some though.
Barrel length is ~8 inches. Effective length including dedicated suppressor is about 12.5 inches.

Lots of room to cut weight if it was that type of build. Has optics, irons and a light for one. Wouldn't have a suppressor if I was trying for uber light. This was a "Practical" build compared to my 3.5lb build, and there were some items I wasn't willing to drop, but I wanted as light as possible while meeting the design goals. This isn't intended to be a stealth shooter, just enough to be tolerable to shoot indoors in a pinch.

https://i.imgur.com/CxKOVzo.jpg
View Quote
very slick
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 6:44:34 AM EDT
[#26]
5lbs 7oz.

Think... Honey Badger or Spikes Compressor - but lighter ... and better IMO. Shorter than some configs as well. I was definitely inspired by them.

Building a similar one on a BAD PDW, 2 is 1, 1 is none.

https://i.imgur.com/CxKOVzo.jpg
View Quote
Sweet! Are you going with the BAD monolithic lower on the next one?
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 9:46:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nada-Nada] [#27]

Sweet! Are you going with the BAD monolithic lower on the next one?
View Quote
Yes sir. Gives you that HoneyBadger-esque type setup.

Just waiting on the Can to be cleared by our ambivalent government.

I believe it will be right below the 6lb mark. The idea here is to reduce length but in order to do so, you sacrifice weight.
The White Cardboard Tube represents the Can OD and Length. Barrels are the same ~length on the builds. BAD build will have a heavier reflex can on it that goes back over the barrel, making the overall length (combined with the PDW stock) shorter on that build. But again, heaver.

Preview:

Link Posted: 12/23/2017 2:09:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stag_8_24] [#28]
Lightweight on a relatively decent budget.

On Scale

Gun

•Magtech Lower • 167 grams $82
•PSA Slick Side Upper • 170 grams $60
•PSA Enhanced Trigger Group  • 68 grams $29
•Ergo Grip  • 78 grams $12
•Mission First Tactical Minimalist Stock • 170 grams $50
•2A Arm. Stikeplate • 4 grams $27
•2A Arm. buffer tube • 98 grams $59
•Faxxon 16" PENCIL, 5.56 NATO, Mid-Length  • 544 grams $135
•Base for optic • 43 grams $Free
•Trijicon RMR  • 30 grams $279
•V7 mag catch • 5 grams $30
•Faxxon  Lightweight Bolt  • 241 grams $250 Sale $187
•Midwest Industries MI-LWM12G3-BLK • 232 grams $152
•Buffer: Taccom Ultra Lightweight Carbine Buffer and Spring • 85 grams $38
•V7 castle nut • 6.7 grams $22
•V7 pistol grip screw • 3.2 grams $5
•V7 titanium buffer retainer • 1 gram $7
•Charging Handle • 21 grams $16
•Gas Block SLR Rifleworks Sentry Adjustable Gas Block - .625" Titanium Set Screw 22 grams $153
•2A Armament AR-15 Titanium Takedown Pins • 5 grams $44
•V7 ultra light S7 bolt catch • 9 grams $21
•V7 hybrid 57° selector w/ ti core • 8.3 grams $49
•V7 Ti Micro Brake • 23 grams $49
•Cerakote • ? grams $175

Totals $1684 and 4.5 pounds
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Yeah, I think we need a thread name change. At this point a 5.9 lb right isn't an ultralight...it's just light. Sub-5lb would probably be a better cut off, and honestly, most people intentionally building a rifle where in weight savings is consideration #1 are prolly shooting for sub 4lbs.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#30]
6lbs is average, and hardly qualifies as ultralight.
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 7:28:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Not bad. My lw build with poly lower is 3.8lbs with Magpul BUIS, about $1300 invested. I have a Mag tac lower on another build, with generic CMMG or Andersons LPK, that would be closer to yours. The biggest $/oz savings for me was the Smoke Composites stock, probably next was v7 Hyperlite 11.1" rails.

Originally Posted By Stag_8_24:
Lightweight on a relatively decent budget.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UCy40JRN7gqAHHQq2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ya7IIKPvdbiV0s7d2

•Magtech Lower • 167 grams $82
•PSA Slick Side Upper • 170 grams $60
•PSA Enhanced Trigger Group  • 68 grams $29
•Ergo Grip  • 78 grams $12
•Mission First Tactical Minimalist Stock • 170 grams $50
•2A Arm. Stikeplate • 4 grams $27
•2A Arm. buffer tube • 98 grams $59
•Faxxon 16" PENCIL, 5.56 NATO, Mid-Length  • 544 grams $135
•Base for optic • 43 grams $Free
•Trijicon RMR  • 30 grams $279
•V7 mag catch • 5 grams $30
•Faxxon  Lightweight Bolt  • 241 grams $250 Sale $187
•Midwest Industries MI-LWM12G3-BLK • 232 grams $152
•Buffer: Taccom Ultra Lightweight Carbine Buffer and Spring • 85 grams $38
•V7 castle nut • 6.7 grams $22
•V7 pistol grip screw • 3.2 grams $5
•V7 titanium buffer retainer • 1 gram $7
•Charging Handle • 21 grams $16
•Gas Block SLR Rifleworks Sentry Adjustable Gas Block - .625" Titanium Set Screw 22 grams $153
•2A Armament AR-15 Titanium Takedown Pins • 5 grams $44
•V7 ultra light S7 bolt catch • 9 grams $21
•V7 hybrid 57° selector w/ ti core • 8.3 grams $49
•V7 Ti Micro Brake • 23 grams $49
•Cerakote • ? grams $175

Totals $1684 and 4.8 pounds
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 7:44:53 PM EDT
[#32]
6lbs is average, and hardly qualifies as ultralight.
View Quote
While it is fairly easy to get a carbine under 6lb (Colt 6520 anyone?) I would say that they are far from average.  Lots of ARs on arfcom are pushing 10lbs with optics, lights and sling.

6lbs, all in is still a noble goal.  And by that I mean include optic, light, slings and any other accessories you’d run it with.  It is challenging to get under 6lb that way, especially with a magnified optic.  I’m planning a lightweight myself but I’ll be happy if I’m under 7lb all in with ACOG TA33 and a light and sling.  I’ll be using fairly stock parts as well which makes it harder.  I don’t have the cash to throw at ultralight titanium parts.
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 9:06:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hfrog355] [#33]
Originally Posted By Leg:

While it is fairly easy to get a carbine under 6lb (Colt 6520 anyone?) I would say that they are far from average.  Lots of ARs on arfcom are pushing 10lbs with optics, lights and sling.

6lbs, all in is still a noble goal.  And by that I mean include optic, light, slings and any other accessories you’d run it with.  It is challenging to get under 6lb that way, especially with a magnified optic.  I’m planning a lightweight myself but I’ll be happy if I’m under 7lb all in with ACOG TA33 and a light and sling.  I’ll be using fairly stock parts as well which makes it harder.  I don’t have the cash to throw at ultralight titanium parts.
View Quote
There's nothing ULTRA lightweight about a 6 lbs rifle. There's nothing wrong with building a rifle or building a lightweight rifle, but it does seems silly to build a 6lbs rifle and call it ultra lightweight when there are guys putting together 4lbs rifles with parts you can order straight from a manufacturer. Then you get the real sickos who are further milling those parts and hollowing out screws pushing for 16" 3lbs guns.
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 11:45:49 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
I have a 6720 that weighs a smidgeon under 5lbs with iron sights. Yep, still has a Colt full mass carrier, Colt pencil barrel, and Colt carbine buffer system. With an ACOG mounted, still under 6lbs. Really, the only thing you're replacing is the FSB, handguard, buffer tube, endplate, castle nut, port door, selector switch and a few other small odds and ends with Al and Ti counterparts. Average, nothing exotic, didn't cost a small fortune, and hardly a daunting task. I've had that rifle for years and years.

IMO, ultralight is 4.5lbs and under with optic.
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 11:18:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nada-Nada] [#35]
Originally Posted By hfrog355:

There's nothing ULTRA lightweight about a 6 lbs rifle. There's nothing wrong with building a rifle or building a lightweight rifle, but it does seems silly to build a 6lbs rifle and call it ultra lightweight when there are guys putting together 4lbs rifles with parts you can order straight from a manufacturer. Then you get the real sickos who are further milling those parts and hollowing out screws pushing for 16" 3lbs guns.
View Quote
Depends on the build. When you add suppressors, lights, optics and sights, and make a field-able rifle and not just a hobby driven range queen... 6lbs is pretty ultralight. I have a 3lb 4oz build, but it also has a New Frontier Armory FCG. Does it go bang? Yup. Would I choose it to defend my life.... nope.

I've posted one uber light in this thread, and two other SBR actual field-able rifles that come in under 6lbs, but also have supressors, lights, real optics, BUIS, et al.....  I am also in the process of building a 6.5G build that will have a scope, a RMR, A supressor, a 16" Barrel and it will still be under 6lbs.

I will grant you, there are many folks just doing basic off the shelf style rifles that are under 6lbs and it doesn't queue any of my interest. But I am interested in the true ultra light hobby guns as well as the complete practical builds that keep it as light as possible.
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 11:59:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CaptainKudva] [#36]
sub 3lbs
47.777 oz
16" p/w barrel
adj.gas
14" handguard
riflelength stock

how do you get the picture to show ons the thread?

Link Posted: 12/25/2017 1:04:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#37]
Depends on the build. When you add suppressors, lights, optics and sights, and make a field-able rifle and not just a hobby driven range queen... 6lbs is pretty ultralight.
View Quote
A silencer is a requirement for a "fieldable rifle" now? Why not a grenade launcher, while we're just tacking on the fun stuff? OPs rifle didn't even have an optic, a light or a way to mount one, at all.
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 1:38:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nada-Nada] [#38]
Originally Posted By jekbrown:

A silencer is a requirement for a "fieldable rifle" now?
View Quote
No. Not at all. Not what I meant. However, if you can build a sub 6lb suppressed rifle with light, optics, sights and have 100% field-able parts and not things like NFA FCG, I think it's noteworthy and a topic I am personally interested in and want to see more of.

If you are building a safe queen / range gun type firearm and you barely make it under 6lbs and only have irons on it.. well... that's pretty boring IMO. Under 4lbs gets interesting for these types of builds.

I suppose two closely related but different topics of interest.

I appreciate all the light weight parts the industry has responded with and while I have a uber light build myself, and will rebuild it with even lighter parts when I think the time is right.... I am generally more intersted in leveraging the parts and technology for real builds to see how light I can make them while remaining practical in that build is not fragile and is field-able.
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#39]
I have a 6720 that weighs a smidgeon under 5lbs with iron sights. Yep, still has a Colt full mass carrier, Colt pencil barrel, and Colt carbine buffer system. With an ACOG mounted, still under 6lbs. Really, the only thing you're replacing is the FSB, handguard, buffer tube, endplate, castle nut, port door, selector switch and a few other small odds and ends with Al and Ti counterparts. Average, nothing exotic, didn't cost a small fortune, and hardly a daunting task. I've had that rifle for years and years.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

A stock 6720 weighs around 6.1 pounds.  That means you’ve managed to shave over a pound and still have a functional rifle that I’m sure will serve you well.  Under 6 with an ACOG?  Even better.  It sounds like you’ve still used a lot of small Ti parts, what’s your definition of exotic?

You’re rifle sounds like a great build and I’d certainly appreciate seeing it.

Why do they have have to be super exotic or expensive to be ultra lightweight?  Personally I’m not interested in rifles that use a lot of carbon fibre, composite lowers and the like.  Anyone can throw a ton of cash at specialist manufacturers and build an Ultra Light for Uber bucks.  They’re certainly able do what they want with their builds and some of them are neat but I’m just as interested in rifles that use fairly stock components and still come in under 6lbs.  Is it particularly hard or challenging?  As you’ve pointed out, no.  But neither is throwing thousands at a build, it’s just money.  Now some are doing a lot of lightening themselves and those are really interesting.  I’m jealous, wish I had the equipment and talent to something similar.  I’m not sure what my point is at this point.  That they’re all interesting and relevant I suppose.  It’s the OPs thread, you don’t need to contribute or you could certainly start your own with a 4.5lb max weight.  My build will be a long term project as I’ll put it together as time and money allow.  At this point I doubt I’ll post it here because I don’t need anybody trash talking it because it doesn’t fit their criteria.
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Why do they have have to be super exotic or expensive to be ultra lightweight?  
View Quote
Well, they don't have to be, but AR15s start out fairly light... so if you're not making significant gains, you're not really 'ultra' light.  Barrel and BCG will get you light...but to get ultra light (and maintain quality), get out your wallet.
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 5:56:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Personally I’m not interested in rifles that use a lot of carbon fibre, composite lowers and the like.  Anyone can throw a ton of cash at specialist manufacturers and build an Ultra Light for Uber bucks.  
View Quote
If they were similar in cost to milspec parts would you be interested?

The interest in light weight in significant enough volume is what has brought the parts to market. As volume increases, manufacturing methods improve, etc, the better this gets for everyone.
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#42]
When this thread started 6 lbs was a reasonable goal for an ultra lite.  JP or used Smith or PM&T BCG were the only lightweight options.  Lightweight barrels were pretty much non existent.  Lightweight receivers were pretty limited as well.  The Clark carbon fiber was the only lightweight handguard.  The plethora of lightweight parts is a fairly recent phenomenon.
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 10:33:44 PM EDT
[#43]

The interest in light weight in significant enough volume is what has brought the parts to market. As volume increases, manufacturing methods improve, etc, the better this gets for everyone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Personally I’m not interested in rifles that use a lot of carbon fibre, composite lowers and the like.  Anyone can throw a ton of cash at specialist manufacturers and build an Ultra Light for Uber bucks.  

If they were proven to be as durable, sure.  I agree that the more products that are on the market the more the cost will come down.  Maybe I’ll use a Titanium pistol grip screw just to say I’ve got something exotic.

Josh Ashton makes a great point.  Most of these parts are a recent phenomenon.  Lightweight handguards (aside from Clarke’s carbon fibre) came on the scene with Daniel Defence.  If you wanted a lightweight you were stuck with a Colt 6520 or a Bushmaster pencil or building it yourself.  I’m still living in the dark ages.  Most dealers in Canada have not latched on to the lightweight market.  A government profile is as light as most carry.  A few years ago when I wanted a lightweight build there was nothing available up here at all.  I ended up buying a Stag 16” that had been turned down in front of the FSB to pencil profile.

I certainly welcome new products and think that some pretty interesting things have come to market the last few years. Let’s just not assume that it’s not light because we can build it lighter.  I’ve been using the AR professionally for over 20 years and I’d give my left nut for a 6lb Carbine with optic.  Instead I’m saddled with a C8A3 that weighs over 9.5lbs with an Elcan.  Our M203 weighs an extra 2lbs over the US version.  Throw on a light and an IR laser and I’m likely pushing 11lbs for a 16” Carbine, throw on that M203 and it’s closer to 15 so you’ll have to excuse me if I get excited by a sub 6lb fighting rifle.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#44]
People are getting a little sandy in their shorts... Pic thread?  Finally got that Faxon FH, and a few pics w a 20 round mag with 64gr fusion msr.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 9:35:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Nada-Nada -
Love that lightweight with the integrated suppressor. The main purpose for pushing this market to develop lightweight components is so that the user can add things like a suppressor, lights and optics without being penalized by the weight.

It’s not about the gun being light and easier to carry as much as it is being faster to move from target to target and to midigate the weight penalty for accessories.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 10:00:09 PM EDT
[#46]
SD:

Thanks....

I agree with you completely on the lightweight market. The interest shown by the market over the last few years has really driven incredible innovation and availability of great light weight parts. Some are practical, some are range toys, but this drives a cycle that allows all to benefit.

Another angle on the V7 Build...

Link Posted: 12/29/2017 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#47]
People are getting a little sandy in their shorts... Pic thread?  Finally got that Faxon FH, and a few pics w a 20 round mag with 64gr fusion msr.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/108746/55B62CB6-84AD-4A69-8761-EDC771698715-405283.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/108746/5E0D6DE1-1D07-438B-B6AE-CE8BFB46A948-405284.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/108746/CEBC2779-7E94-47B4-88B9-BEAC5037D8E1-405285.JPG
View Quote
Love it. Very clean. How do you like the flash hider? I finally found one in stock and am excited to get it built.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 10:06:04 PM EDT
[#48]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/108746/55B62CB6-84AD-4A69-8761-EDC771698715-405283.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/108746/5E0D6DE1-1D07-438B-B6AE-CE8BFB46A948-405284.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/108746/CEBC2779-7E94-47B4-88B9-BEAC5037D8E1-405285.JPG
View Quote
Sweet setup!
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 10:16:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By hfrog355:

Love it. Very clean. How do you like the flash hider? I finally found one in stock and am excited to get it built.
View Quote
I just got it today, had ordered it w Brownells in like October. So, only shot it with the omega so far, and that's most excellent.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 10:21:28 PM EDT
[#50]
How much does it weigh with out the ammo and sling but the suppressor on there?
Page / 38
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top