Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 905
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Core:
I really prefer a RISII FSP setup, but shaving it and saving some front end weight is not only practical but tactical.  It's funny to hear cloners complain about the guns being ugly and not refined enough in the wild.  God help us..
View Quote
Cloning is very much about aesthetics (for me anyway), We often use parts that we may not prefer simply because of the aesthetics of the build. If it’s not aesthetically pleasing, I’d rather do a non-clone.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 6:09:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Glitch
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 6:10:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Glitch
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 12:49:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

Cloning is very much about aesthetics (for me anyway), We often use parts that we may not prefer simply because of the aesthetics of the build. If it's not aesthetically pleasing, I'd rather do a non-clone.
View Quote
The stuff that works best is not always sexy, I learned this long ago.  But I get it: it's the reason I had my grip cerakoted DD FDE versus hitting it with a rattle can.

NSW:

Link Posted: 11/30/2018 6:00:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Core:
I really prefer a RISII FSP setup, but shaving it and saving some front end weight is not only practical but tactical.  It's funny to hear cloners complain about the guns being ugly and not refined enough in the wild.  God help us..
View Quote
Removing the front backup iron is tactical?  
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:55:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:59:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

I am really, really pissed I didn't pick up a few of those rugs during some of my early tours; I thought about getting one made for every year I was here, but what would I do with 13* of the damn things?

* Who knew? (this would goon for so long)
View Quote
I actually made a fair bit of cash by working with the same guy every week at BAF (and eventually Salerno) in 09, and then again at LNK in 12-13, getting them for a straight SONG compared to what they wanted for them (and obviously they were making out like bandits too even at the super low price i paid) and then tossed them on the EE here.

Saved a 12-13 for the LNK deployment (it literally has both years on it; standard AFG edjumication i spose) and an 09 for the BAF one, then the 9/11 and tora boras were found at the bottom of the pile.  Quite dusty, I'm assuming they were just never bought.  Then a really cool dude (whom I believe is on this board, though it was through another that is now a far cry from what it used to be) also snagged me one totally different from others I'd ever seen, and that one's probably my favorite.

I dig that they're all unique and different in subtle ways.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:
MANUFACTURING SUPPORT INDUSTRIES .

What's the story here CD?

See alot of these? What all are you seeing from them downrange?  Upper receivers exclusively, or other components as well?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
MANUFACTURING SUPPORT INDUSTRIES .

What's the story here CD?

See alot of these? What all are you seeing from them downrange?  Upper receivers exclusively, or other components as well?
Full auto ambi safeties as well. (Exact same as the colt 1 long arm 1 short arm)
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:06:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:10:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Thought I saw lpgbs from them in another post too?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Full auto ambi safeties as well. (Exact same as the colt 1 long arm 1 short arm)
Thought I saw lpgbs from them in another post too?
Could be them as well I forget.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 4:40:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I figured I'd give the thread a little bump... as if it needs it... but... As it sits my build budget has been shot to sh*t. Lots of unexpected stuff came up like my over time got cut and another nasty surprise sprung on me by my meth head ex wife that never seems to go away. I'm taking a different build direction. Same end results, but instead of buying a LE6920, I'll probably just be getting lower and building the gun myself so I can piece it together more slowly. The goal being to get the lower before WA's new gun laws come into effect. Not that it will probably help me much other than circumventing the new waiting period on semi-autos and I wont have to pay the new taxes on semi-autos.... but hey... I tried. In the end this just pushing the build time line back quite a bit, but I will proceed with it and end up with a bad ass SOPMOD Block II.

Link Posted: 12/1/2018 4:52:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#17]
Originally Posted By Optiskate76:
I figured I'd give the thread a little bump... as if it needs it... but... As it sits my build budget has been shot to sh*t. Lots of unexpected stuff came up like my over time got cut and another nasty surprise sprung on me by my meth head ex wife that never seems to go away. I'm taking a different build direction. Same end results, but instead of buying a LE6920, I'll probably just be getting lower and building the gun myself so I can piece it together more slowly. The goal being to get the lower before WA's new gun laws come into effect. Not that it will probably help me much other than circumventing the new waiting period on semi-autos and I wont have to pay the new taxes on semi-autos.... but hey... I tried. In the end this just pushing the build time line back quite a bit, but I will proceed with it and end up with a bad ass SOPMOD Block II.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2a4wlt0.jpg
View Quote
At least you already have 2 of the most expensive parts. That is a good start.

Definitely get the lower next. You could snag a Colt lower off the EE, or just snag a poverty pony A2 lower for $40. As long as its an A2 lower it will suffice here.

And good luck with the methbilly ex wife. May many fucks be upon her
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#18]

At least you already have 2 of the most expensive parts. That is a good start.

Definitely get the lower next. You could snag a Colt lower off the EE, or just snag a poverty pony A2 lower for $40. As long as its an A2 lower it will suffice here.

And good luck with the methbilly ex wife. May many fucks be upon her
View Quote
Thanks man! I have an obsession with shiny things, so it will have to be a Colt lower. Probably not with the fancy roll marks, but as long as it's a LE6920 I'm happy. I cant justify the price for the more correct roll marks. Maybe on a later clone though. After femisatan goes away and I fix the mess she caused.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 3:03:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 3:10:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Send me that Elcan Send me that Blk 2 Nice pics.

Love that B2.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 3:19:00 AM EDT
[#21]

Love that B2.
View Quote
Just rebarreled that B2 this week so time for function test and zero.  Owner very happy with the performance and accuracy.

CD
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 3:29:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Just rebarreled that B2 this week so time for function test and zero.  Owner very happy with the performance and accuracy.

CD
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Love that B2.

CD
I would be very happy with that one as well
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Looking at the Vortex Razor 1-6, what reticle is recommended?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#24]
These rail covers are pretty nice

Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:50:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:
These rail covers are pretty nice

https://i.imgur.com/jl6zLXo.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/I1kXhy1.jpg
View Quote
I got mine yesterday, I bought three packs.

I didn’t need three, but I figured I could trade them at some point. They even sent me a bore snake and an accuwedge. Guys like to hate on the accuwedge, but it is useful for removing slop in receivers, even if it serves no purpose other than removing the annoying play.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Having some fun out to 500y with the ATACR.  Excuse the can (for this day's shooting).

Link Posted: 12/2/2018 7:21:47 PM EDT
[#27]
So, I recently sold my NSW Recce Upper and NF x24, due to not wanting to purchase an AEM5 (didn't want two 5.56 cans, and the AEM is heavy and long).

I've got an Elcan, PEQ15, MRDS, 14.5 SOCOM bbl and M4A1 RIS II coming, so looks like I'm jumping back into a Block II M4.

Kicking myself in the ass for selling an extra Surefire 4 prong I had awhile back. Would anyone happen to have a lead on one?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#28]
I’ve been hip deep in Mk18 world for a while so my Block II’s haven’t gotten much range time.  By total accident it seems based on C-D’s info that my uppers are “correct”.  My FSB is a SOCOM barrel and my non-FSB is an M4 profile.  Both are Colt uppers and original Colt 14.5’s.  I’ve sent the non-FSB back to ADCO to have a Surefire SF3P put on (originality had an AAC mount) and I need to get the FSB in yet.  Here’s the non-FSB from earlier this year enjoying some sun:

I need to get the FSB off to ADCO (along with my Block 1.5) and get the old 18t AAC mounts replaced.  Still have the old can just have better (definitely more clone correct) options now.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 1:37:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Did the Army ever get an M9A1's or is it just M9's?  (along with G19s and the occasional old 1911)
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 2:08:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By kwill:

Did the Army ever get an M9A1's or is it just M9's?  (along with G19s and the occasional old 1911)
View Quote
As far as I know only the Marines got M9A1s.  Big Army uses the M9, M11, M17 and M18.  SOF uses the Glocks.  Very few M1911A1s left now, even MARSOC has turned in their latest M45 (1911s) for G19s.  SEALs still use some SIG 226/239s but G19s replacing those too.

CD
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 2:12:19 PM EDT
[#31]

Cool day, hot barrels.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote
Not sure if triple tap or DIAS

JK. I see the selector position
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 3:37:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ehudbengera] [#33]
Does anyone know if the Vortex Razor 1-6x has an NSN and if so what it is?
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 12:32:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Excuse the potato cell phone pics.

Got a chance to play with an Elcan for a few days.  Now I'm suffering a crippling bout of indecision as to whether I should try to sell the ACOG to fund an Elcan.  I know, I know - go be poor somewhere else.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 12:49:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmedFerret] [#35]
Originally Posted By ehudbengera:
View Quote
Not likely. It isn't Berry Compliant. Granted thats obviously not the be all end all of acquisitions but given the number of options out there that ARE.....
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 7:47:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By kwill:
Excuse the potato cell phone pics.

https://i.imgur.com/Zd77ShR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BzcmB24.jpg

Got a chance to play with an Elcan for a few days.  Now I'm suffering a crippling bout of indecision as to whether I should try to sell the ACOG to fund an Elcan.  I know, I know - go be poor somewhere else.
View Quote
What charging handle is that?
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:51:04 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
Looks to be an FDE raptor
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:
Not likely. It isn't Berry Compliant. Granted thats obviously not the be all end all of acquisitions but given the number of options out there that ARE.....
View All Quotes
Ha, the second most common optics in the U.S. Military behind ACOGs are Aimpoints made in Sweden. Methinks you don't understand what the Berry Amendment is.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 1:15:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmedFerret] [#39]

Ha, the second most common optics in the U.S. Military behind ACOGs are Aimpoints made in Sweden. Methinks you don't understand what the Berry Amendment is.
View Quote
I'm well familiar with it.  Sweden is on the list of approved countries to source military gear from.  China/indonesia/whatever asian sweatshop vortex claims to use isn't.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 3:13:41 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
Radian Raptor.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 4:21:13 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm well familiar with it.  Sweden is on the list of approved countries to source military gear from.  China/indonesia/whatever asian sweatshop vortex claims to use isn't.
View All Quotes

Berry applies to clothing, textiles, tools, stuff like that. Not weaponry.

The Razor is made in Japan by/for/with an American company.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 4:23:55 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

IIRC there is a SOCOM specific model that SOCOM uses. I forget what the difference is but I want to say its something in the turrets. Not sure if it has an NSN but @GS5414 knows the answer to both of those things
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 6:08:26 PM EDT
[#44]
OT, but gotta like this page number.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By thebomber:
OT, but gotta like this page number.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 6:52:26 PM EDT
[#46]

Berry applies to clothing, textiles, tools, stuff like that.
View Quote
PRIMARILY, but not exclusively.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#47]
IIRC there is a SOCOM specific model that SOCOM uses. I forget what the difference is but I want to say its something in the turrets. Not sure if it has an NSN but @GS5414 knows the answer to both of those things
View All Quotes

Thanks, hopefully he responds. I've seen too many of them in the wild to all be privately purchased. It is certainly possible that they were purchased with unit funds and don't have an NSN.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Thanks, hopefully he responds. I've seen too many of them in the wild to all be privately purchased. It is certainly possible that they were purchased with unit funds and don't have an NSN.
View All Quotes

Another person that probably knows is @Recce_gear
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 8:02:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Recce_Gear] [#49]

View Quote
No NSN.  NSN's don't really mean much anymore, due to the number of COTS and GOTS purchases that occur every day, as well as the advent of the Rapid Equipping Force at PEO Soldier.  The biggest difference between the Razors that were purchased by SOCOM and the ones you can buy off the shelf is that it has zero stop turrets.  Other than that, they are pretty much indistinguishable.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 1:14:09 AM EDT
[#50]
My M4A1 SOPMOD Block II inspired build.
20181208_095442 by Slick_Rick77, on Flickr
20181208_095524 by Slick_Rick77, on Flickr
20181208_095553 by Slick_Rick77, on Flickr
20181208_095621 by Slick_Rick77, on Flickr

It is:
• Brownells DD M4A1 SOPMOD Block II upper pin/welded @14.7" by ADCO
• Spikes Snowflake lower
• Aero Precision mil spec bolt assy
• RRA parts kit w/two stage match trigger
• Knights M4 front sight, Matech rear
• Eotech XPS2-2
• Streamlight TLR-1HL
• KNS anti rotation pins
• Blue Force Gear Vickers sling & sling keepers
• B5 Bravo stock

It was on a budget...but should serve the purpose well.
Page / 905
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top