User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HARMS4X:

I did 1/8. I think this was the barrel I bought from you.
View Quote
Nice!  I’m just trying to figure out what barrel length I would need for the Ops Inc profile with an MK18 RIS II to make the can sit flush.  I believe CLE will make me a custom barrel if I send my rail in.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 3:13:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By cdholmes:

Nice!  I’m just trying to figure out what barrel length I would need for the Ops Inc profile with an MK18 RIS II to make the can sit flush.  I believe CLE will make me a custom barrel if I send my rail in.
View Quote
That's what I did. I sent my rail to CLE. Worked out well for me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 9:29:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Had to dig through my parts bin to find a new gas tube.  The MK12 gas block was tight but I heated it up and used the gas tube to place it.  Pulled the optic off one of my Larue rifles to go see how she shoots tomorrow.

Link Posted: 9/19/2018 7:58:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Razor Core, Magtech, Norma.....all three are easily found and I'm in the market to buy a few boxes to try in the Holland.  What's everyone's favorite?

(I'm probably going to buy at least one box of each and try them all, but hey, why not throw it out for discussion?)
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 9:15:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:
Razor Core, Magtech, Norma.....all three are easily found and I'm in the market to buy a few boxes to try in the Holland.  What's everyone's favorite?

(I'm probably going to buy at least one box of each and try them all, but hey, why not throw it out for discussion?)
View Quote
So far the 77gr Razor Core has shot the best for me in the rifles I tried it in the other day.  I also tried Hornady Steel match, Magtech 77OTM, and some Angelfire Reman stuff.

So far the Razor Core has shot 1/2-1" in these rifles.  Its been extremely accurate and repeatable in the Larue Rifles I have.

Larue UU 18" Stealth
Larue UU 16" Stealth
PRI MK12 Mod 0 (factory gun)
Mutt rifle of dubious parts (all of them came out of my parts bin)   1" is the best I have gotten here  20" barrel

Most accurate out of them all is the Razorcore and the least was the Hornady steel match.   I picked up all the Razor Core stuff I have for $129/240 in the ammo can.  I went to buy more and its $199/can.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 10:06:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been able to get hits out to 900 with Razorcore and MagTech 77gr. I think I could have hit at 1,000, but I couldn't see where my bullets were landing. Plus my Leupold was maxed out and I was already using mil holds at 900.

I just buy whichever one is cheaper. Usually the Razorcore is cheaper when Midway puts them on sale for 50 cents per round with free shipping. Either one is going to work great for the rifles capabilities.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 12:07:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Obliged fellas.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 4:36:03 PM EDT
[#8]
CBC has been slightly more accurate for me over the razorcore in two rifles I’ve fired both in. A 10.3” colt fbi barrel, and a 18” CLE Douglas spr barrel.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 10:56:54 PM EDT
[#9]
SE, i like it. We need to shoot sometime
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 10:58:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 11:48:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Instagram: @thoroughbred_armament
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 3:04:13 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote
My HCS Douglas SPR barrel likes Federal FC262.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 3:29:11 AM EDT
[#13]
For those running ACE stocks, is sanding or otherwise modifying the foam for charging handle clearance normal?

I’ve been at it for about 20 minutes and it’s a lot smooother than it was.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 2:35:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Ed_Victory:
For those running ACE stocks, is sanding or otherwise modifying the foam for charging handle clearance normal?

I’ve been at it for about 20 minutes and it’s a lot smooother than it was.
View Quote
Not for mine, no.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:21:55 PM EDT
[#15]
i have a rifle that loces the Federal 262 also and they stopped making it!
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:44:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Shootdr1:
i have a rifle that loces the Federal 262 also and they stopped making it!
View Quote
damn that stinks, sorry to hear.  excuse to start handloading?  
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 4:15:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Just noticed my floors are Ashy AF.. lol

Link Posted: 9/22/2018 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Neither is 100% just yet, but the badger gas block and tube arrived today (nice of badger to make a set screw gas block that doesn't come with set screws ) for the mod 1, and i just tossed a couple charging handles on the guns to take em to the range. Ace SOCOM (allegedly gen 1) arrives tomorrow, and I'll just use the YHM can on the mod 1 for a bit.

Obviously still need gasbusters for both, bottom rail on the H, LT-104 for each (not keen on arms rings), and the brake/collar on the mod 1, which will eventually go on an A2 lower. I'm too tall for the A1.

20180922_194204 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 9:44:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Neither is 100% just yet, but the badger gas block and tube arrived today (nice of badger to make a set screw gas block that doesn't come with set screws ) for the mod 1, and i just tossed a couple charging handles on the guns to take em to the range. Ace SOCOM (allegedly gen 1) arrives tomorrow, and I'll just use the YHM can on the mod 1 for a bit.

Obviously still need gasbusters for both, bottom rail on the H, LT-104 for each (not keen on arms rings), and the brake/collar on the mod 1, which will eventually go on an A2 lower. I'm too tall for the A1.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1907/30979559928_072be26375_h.jpg
20180922_194204 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr
View Quote
In case you ever want to get rid of the green Colt factory camo on that upper receiver, soak with citristrip for about 2 hours and it'll scrape right off. I don't mind the green camo but thought I'd let ya know incase you want to change it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SSOUNN:

https://i.postimg.cc/dQx68Ytp/05134_EA7-_FE90-41_EB-_B3_F4-_DA8_F5_D90_C2_C8.jpg
View Quote
NICE

what length barrel on the bottom rifle?
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 10:06:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSOUNN] [#21]
Originally Posted By Honda4828:
NICE

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SSOUNN:

https://i.postimg.cc/dQx68Ytp/05134_EA7-_FE90-41_EB-_B3_F4-_DA8_F5_D90_C2_C8.jpg
NICE

Thanks man.. It’s a 16” from Ballistic
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 10:18:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 5pt56:

In case you ever want to get rid of the green Colt factory camo on that upper receiver, soak with citristrip for about 2 hours and it'll scrape right off. I don't mind the green camo but thought I'd let ya know incase you want to change it.
View Quote
Letting it sit in a reusable fridge storage container with denatured alcohol works too.  Did that with a few others, just too lazy to do it with this one.  Maybe when it's fully done and gets painted i'll think about it. Till then, it all shoots the same.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 10:28:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Letting it sit in a reusable fridge storage container with denatured alcohol works too.  Did that with a few others, just too lazy to do it with this one.  Maybe when it's fully done and gets painted i'll think about it. Till then, it all shoots the same.
View Quote
Yeah, after doing 1 of mine I just said I'll rattle can the next and go shoot.
Good to know the denatured alcohol trick too. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 7:55:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eMc9001] [#24]
77 Gr IMI 5.56 on sale .50 cpr at Midway. Edit: For some reason I can't hot link it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By 5pt56:

Yeah, after doing 1 of mine I just said I'll rattle can the next and go shoot.
Good to know the denatured alcohol trick too. Thanks!
View Quote
Werd. Used one for a GWOT m4 clone for the missus (minus the ACOG, SkeetIR, and Izlid mine had ) but she wanted it all black (#racist) so i tried the alcohol and was surprised. The rest imma just spray over
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 12:01:18 PM EDT
[#26]
10% off Mk12 parts at Brownells today. Use code PJU on orders of $25 or more plus shipping.

This brings me to my question. Has any one used this barrel?

BRAVO COMPANY - AR-15 MK12 BARREL 18" STAINLESS STEEL

I would prefer a 1-7 but it looks like it would last a little longer.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 12:46:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By lonewolfgun:
10% off Mk12 parts at Brownells today. Use code PJU on orders of $25 or more plus shipping.

View Quote
@lonewolfgun have you looked at the white oak?

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/barrel-parts/rifle-barrels/ar-15-m16-223-wylde-match-barrels-prod54526.aspx?avs%7cManufacturer_1=WHITE%2bOAK%2bARMAMENT

they offer a 1-7 twist (18" rifle length SPR) and it's on sale for $240 (not sure if the code will work on sale items but if it does, that's a RIDICULOUSLY good price, and it's a really nice one even if it doesn't).  I grabbed one for my mod 1 a while back after being EXTREMELY pleased with the 20" varmint rig I put together using a much beefier WOA tube.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 12:55:42 PM EDT
[#28]
I did.

What intrigues me about the Bravo barrel is the use 410 stainless and not 416R.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 1:27:55 PM EDT
[#29]

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/barrel-parts/rifle-barrels/ar-15-m16-223-wylde-match-barrels-prod54526.aspx?avs%7cManufacturer_1=WHITE%2bOAK%2bARMAMENT

they offer a 1-7 twist (18" rifle length SPR) and it's on sale for $240 (not sure if the code will work on sale items but if it does, that's a RIDICULOUSLY good price, and it's a really nice one even if it doesn't).  I grabbed one for my mod 1 a while back after being EXTREMELY pleased with the 20" varmint rig I put together using a much beefier WOA tube.
View All Quotes

The PJU code works on the WOA barrel.  Knocks the price down to $216.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#30]
I did.

What intrigues me about the Bravo barrel is the use 410 stainless and not 416R.
View Quote
You could almost buy 2 of the WOA barrels for the price of the BCM and frankly, I'd be willing to bet the WOA is capable of better accuracy.  Totally your call though; I'd jump on the WOA all day every day but i've never been a boutique brand kinda guy (other than my strong desire for a Billy Reid Bond Peacoat at some point )
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 2:45:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:
77 Gr IMI 5.56 on sale .50 cpr at Midway. Edit: For some reason I can't hot link it.
View Quote
Thanks!!! I prefer CBC and have it stacked deep. But for .50rd I bought two 240rd boxes of the IMI
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 2:47:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Thanks!!! I prefer CBC and have it stacked deep. But for .50rd I bought two 240rd boxes of the IMI
View Quote
No problamo. My MK12 seem's to like this stuff surprisingly, it runs dirty as hell but i can average .75 with it so its really good plinking ammo.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 8:59:34 AM EDT
[#33]
My dealer did a range day yesterday and I got a chance to try out my aem5. I was super excited about how quite the thing is, grinning ear to ear.

I was having a failure to feed problem though.. only had a heavy buffer and standard spring with me. Would something a little heavier help correct this? Maybe a H2 with a stiffer spring? I’m guessing it’s a little over gassed with the suppressor.

Link Posted: 9/24/2018 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By TigerHawk:
My dealer did a range day yesterday and I got a chance to try out my aem5. I was super excited about how quite the thing is, grinning ear to ear.

I was having a failure to feed problem though.. only had a heavy buffer and standard spring with me. Would something a little heavier help correct this? Maybe a H2 with a stiffer spring? I’m guessing it’s a little over gassed with the suppressor.

http://i.imgur.com/QAwogOQ.jpg
View Quote
It shouldn't, but if the can is the only variable, gas is your answer.

I'm so over gassed with an h2 that I stack brass damn near in front of the muzzle.  Never chokes.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#35]
It fed very reliably without the suppressor so hopefully I can tune it with just buffer weight/spring.

Is 5 full turns within spec for mounting the can?
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 5:44:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By TigerHawk:

http://i.imgur.com/QAwogOQ.jpg
View Quote
Can't go wrong with a Vltor A5 and Springco love child.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 7:58:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:

It shouldn't, but if the can is the only variable, gas is your answer.

I'm so over gassed with an h2 that I stack brass damn near in front of the muzzle.  Never chokes.
View Quote
Same here. I had a carbine buffer and it cycled fine. I put the H2 in and it barely made a difference.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 8:15:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Mail call from Leupold.  I asked for one marked Mk12 Mod 1 but it came as being marked SPR.  Either way one of them will work on my Mod 0.

Link Posted: 9/26/2018 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#39]
FYI Botach has B5 sopmods in coyote and OD green for $49 shipped.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 1:38:50 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote
DSG and Brownells both have them for the same price but they'll actually ship within a year.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 1:44:47 PM EDT
[#41]
DSG and Brownells both have them for the same price but they'll actually ship within a year.
View All Quotes
I’ve never had an issue with Botach, in dozens of orders.  Although I have seen where people have had them. Plenty of shipping issues with brownells here lately fwiw.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote
Read the description down below...those are bravos
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 2:10:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spdrcrgts] [#43]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

View Quote
The description below includes both BRAVO and SOPMOD.

If you actually make a selection it updates for the SOPMOD not the BRAVO.

ETA: Cart and sku confirm
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By spdrcrgts:

View Quote
Hope you're right! With it being Botach, I'll let someone else take the plunge
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 3:40:03 PM EDT
[#45]
I feel old seeing people buy from botach
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 3:59:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:
I feel old seeing people buy from botach
View Quote
Botach has been my go to for Okay mags for quite some time. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By drago6:
BA barrel and Badger gas block...not a match made in heaven

Unless there’s a magic secret, guess it’s time for a new barrel or GB. I put a generic .750 GB on and it went on like butter, but the Badger and PRI FSB barely made it past the step up. Tried it on the BA 16" Mod-H barrel and same result as well

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/449093/833CF721-E189-4A2E-8D73-B06F8AC001CE-670523.JPG
View Quote
@Drago6

The best way to fit a tight gas block is a .750" Ball Flex-Hone. You can run it on a battery operated drill (apply a light oil to it) and it will make the ID of the gasblock have a super nice glass finish. Run it a few times and check until it just drops onto the barrel.  This is by far the best way to fit one in my opinion.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 1:52:18 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

Dammit, I was hoping they were the Bravo's so I could talk myself out of not buying any.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 10:38:27 AM EDT
[#49]
I was able to lightly coax my badger onto my WOA, but the fackin thing didn't come with any set screws.

Is Badger becoming like german automakers, and charging extra for things you require to make it work properly in the first place?
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#50]
On a more happy note I have 40 esch of IMI and PMC and 50 Magtech 77s on the way. Range day the 7th to see if there's a preferred solution over others with any of my rifles or the wife's.
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top