Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1177
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 11:07:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Boduke0220:
Sniper Comp Mod 1

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51970184202_a8dfd8179e_c.jpgUntitled by Trey Brown, on Flickr
View Quote
Which lens caps are you using on that MK5?

eta:
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 12:08:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Toothpicksandkatchup] [#2]
Why do I see some A.R.M.S #38 with cut outs (near barrel nut) and others without? Was this a design change or did they pump out a few versions?

My SPR 2-3 has cutouts
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 12:25:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#3]
Originally Posted By Toothpicksandkatchup:
Why do I see some A.R.M.S #38 with cut outs (near barrel nut) and others without? Was this a design change or did they pump out a few versions?

My SPR 2-3 has cutouts
View Quote

PRI gen 3 forearm has a diff (larger) barrel nut requiring the steps to be cut in the swan sleeve.  Gen 2 and earlier PRI forearms use a diff/smaller barrel nut that has same diameter as the forearm itself.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:

eta:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51541683587_e0be041955_o.jpg
View Quote

I’m not sure tbh. I did some trading for it and it came with them. They are pretty nice.

Nice build btw!
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 1:35:47 PM EDT
[#5]

I'm not sure tbh. I did some trading for it and it came with them. They are pretty nice.

Nice build btw!
View Quote
If you figure out who/what they are, please let me know. I hate the factory Leupold caps on mine.

Link Posted: 7/9/2022 3:52:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there any place that has A1 profile lowers in stock?
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 4:12:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TIML:
View Quote

H&R is going to have some soon
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 3:04:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TIML:
View Quote

I'll have 3-4 in the next week or 2.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 5:07:51 PM EDT
[#9]

eta:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Sniper Comp Mod 1

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51970184202_a8dfd8179e_c.jpgUntitled by Trey Brown, on Flickr

eta:

It's funny that without trying, my paint basically ended up being the same as yours. But mainly because I was trying to match the issued scope and FSB.

Link Posted: 7/10/2022 5:53:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

It's funny that without trying, my paint basically ended up being the same as yours. But mainly because I was trying to match the issued scope and FSB.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51406967335_5a414c29c7_k.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
Sniper Comp Mod 1

eta:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51406967335_5a414c29c7_k.jpg
Great minds...
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone have a lead on some non lever stop high rings or a kac  sling mount for the ras with the uncle mikes would be greatly appreciated. Getting close to posting a pic in this thread
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 10:04:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Toothpicksandkatchup] [#12]
Any coupon codes for Thoroughbred Armament? Last parts needed are coming from them. ARMS #32 and AE mk12 muzzle device.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 2:45:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By lmt-ar:
Anyone have a lead on some non lever stop high rings or a kac  sling mount for the ras with the uncle mikes would be greatly appreciated. Getting close to posting a pic in this thread
View Quote

Like these?
https://www.tacswap.com/post/608597c2ced9b7000b42dd18
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 6:35:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Exactly but I need a set of high unfortunately. Saw a set on eBay but they were 600.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 4:18:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Toothpicksandkatchup] [#15]
Getting close...Bipod, mount, AE muzzle device and gas tube have been ordered then it'll be off to ADCO for milling flats/assembly..more money more money

Lower is a fill in. Will probably put an A1 on it, was going to get a Hydromatic from milxxx. But think I'll be holding off while money goes to more pressing issues.

edit: Anyone have the screws length for the front rail segments? I got the old non beveled gen to replace my new production ones but the screws aren't deep enough to engage the little metal tabs fully.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:30:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I figure this would be the best place to ask this considering it applies to most of these clone optics besides the 3.5-10

How important is the parallax adjustment? I’m consisting swapping a 3-12 bushy with a 2.5-10 nightforce on my DMR. Bushy is adjustable, nightforce is not.

What do the real word users say?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:52:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Toothpicksandkatchup:
Getting close...Bipod, mount, AE muzzle device and gas tube have been ordered then it'll be off to ADCO for milling flats/assembly..more money more money

Lower is a fill in. Will probably put an A1 on it, was going to get a Hydromatic from milxxx. But think I'll be holding off while money goes to more pressing issues.

edit: Anyone have the screws length for the front rail segments? I got the old non beveled gen to replace my new production ones but the screws aren't deep enough to engage the little metal tabs fully.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52209842168_29ee394ad3_h.jpg
View Quote

Looking good!  I'd slap a long bottom rail on there
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 8:23:50 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 7/15/2022 11:39:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Boduke0220] [#19]

Looks amazing!

Scope was supposed to be here today but USPS doing USPS things
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 4:38:12 PM EDT
[#20]

@Hunterex    

What bipod adapter is on the Mod 1 Vero Beach FF RAS pictured in your posting?

Link Posted: 7/15/2022 5:26:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Markius-Fox] [#21]
Originally Posted By TW56:

@Hunterex    

View Quote

Looks like a swivel stud is mounted directly to the rail. I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Looks amazing!

View All Quotes

Looks amazing!

Boo for USPS.  

Originally Posted By TW56:

@Hunterex    

Originally Posted By Markius-Fox:

Looks like a swivel stud is mounted directed to the rail. I could be wrong.

Yep. That's exactly what it is.  Stud through a bushing in to a backer. KAC makes some, but this one is a home brew.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 9:59:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DeviantHero] [#23]
Looking for advice. I recently started my first mk12 mod 1 build and I have a few questions. Pictures posted is where I am at so far.

I know for the upper I need a PRI gas buster CH, KAC buis, KAC bipod adapter, and Harris bipod still.

I think I am wanting to swap out the upper receiver to one not marked “MOD 2”. As far as forge marks go, is a keyhole forge the only acceptable forge mark? I am not *needing* to make this 100% clone correct, but pretty damn close, at least aesthetically speaking.

Which brings me to the lower. I have read that finding an M16A1 lower is the way to go, but the only one I can really find is the OOS Brownells. Standard USGI trigger guard. Safety selector is a non-ambi standard USGI, correct? Lastly, are there recommendations for an A1 buttstock kit?

The scope I have I am having trouble finding exact information but I think I’m getting close. It’s marked Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10x40mm LONG RANGE. Any information on this scope or even value would be appreciated, as I know very little about it. It has mildot reticle, and should have illumination though I haven’t been able to take off turrets to swap a new battery to confirm that or see how it illuminates. Numbers on bottom of scope read 1681090

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:31:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#24]
Originally Posted By DeviantHero:
Looking for advice. I recently started my first mk12 mod 1 build and I have a few questions. Pictures posted is where I am at so far.

I know for the upper I need a PRI gas buster CH, KAC buis, KAC bipod adapter, and Harris bipod still.

I think I am wanting to swap out the upper receiver to one not marked “MOD 2”. As far as forge marks go, is a keyhole forge the only acceptable forge mark? I am not *needing* to make this 100% clone correct, but pretty damn close, at least aesthetically speaking.

Which brings me to the lower. I have read that finding an M16A1 lower is the way to go, but the only one I can really find is the OOS Brownells. Standard USGI trigger guard. Safety selector is a non-ambi standard USGI, correct? Lastly, are there recommendations for an A1 buttstock kit?

The scope I have I am having trouble finding exact information but I think I’m getting close. It’s marked Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10x40mm LONG RANGE. Any information on this scope or even value would be appreciated, as I know very little about it. It has mildot reticle, and should have illumination though I haven’t been able to take off turrets to swap a new battery to confirm that or see how it illuminates. Numbers on bottom of scope read 1681090

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/439238/mk12mod1_jpg-2455750.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/439238/leupoldscope_jpg-2455751.JPG
View Quote

Colt Keyhole, C AF, and Armalite OAR marked uppers have all been used on mod 1's.  

A1 lower, best bet is wait for the new H&R lowers.  The first batch will go quick, but just keep watching for them.  Also IntlMilco (Russian Paint) makes the best A1 lowers out there but they are much more expensive.  

Safety selector, the DPMS style (Luth AR makes a great replica) selector with no notch indicator.  Others were used but that was the standard one found in the lowers as I recall.  

That scope you have is great.  Looks like one of the early ones with the illum housing at 12 o'clock.  @Hunterex prob knows more on that scope, but that's def a cool one.

Eta: on A1 buttstock check Shark Arms.  I think he just got more OG colt Type D/E in.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:34:23 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Mod 1s were built over a wide span of time compared to other Mk12s. Therefor there's quite a bit of variation in them. Every year or two of production of them saw marking or geometry changes.  It's probably good that you're not wanting to go 100% or you'll drive yourself crazy matching everything to a certain year.

Receivers seen so far are ArmaLite, C AF, Diemaco Splintered A, C keyhole, and square forge.

Safeties are usually ambi DPMS. Luth-AR is the current manufacturer of the issued type.

The battery cap is on top of the illumination dial. Hold the dial to keep it from rotating and spin the battery cap off. That 12 o clock illumination changed to offset in 2000.  It's more or less the correct glass for an SPR, just wrong orientation. There is a couple pictures of them on uppers during the prototyping process.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:36:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

Mod 1s were built over a wide span of time compared to other Mk12s. Therefor there's quite a bit of variation in them. Every year or two of production of them saw marking or geometry changes.  It's probably good that you're not wanting to go 100% or you'll drive yourself crazy matching everything to a certain year.

Receivers seen so far are ArmaLite, C AF, Diemaco Splintered A, C keyhole, and square forge.

Safeties are usually ambi DPMS. Luth-AR is the current manufacturer of the issued type.

The battery cap is on top of the illumination dial. Hold the dial to keep it from rotating and spin the battery cap off. That 12 o clock illumination changed to offset in 2000.  It's more or less the correct glass for an SPR, just wrong orientation. There is a couple pictures of them on uppers during the prototyping process.
View All Quotes

^^^^

Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:54:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:

Colt Keyhole, C AF, and Armalite OAR marked uppers have all been used on mod 1's.  

A1 lower, best bet is wait for the new H&R lowers.  The first batch will go quick, but just keep watching for them.  Also IntlMilco (Russian Paint) makes the best A1 lowers out there but they are much more expensive.  

Safety selector, the DPMS style (Luth AR makes a great replica) selector with no notch indicator.  Others were used but that was the standard one found in the lowers as I recall.  

That scope you have is great.  Looks like one of the early ones with the illum housing at 12 o'clock.  @Hunterex prob knows more on that scope, but that's def a cool one.

Eta: on A1 buttstock check Shark Arms.  I think he just got more OG colt Type D/E in.
View Quote

View Quote

Thank you for the info so far! I got the battery cap off and will need to locate a replacement battery.

I got a great deal on everything in that picture, I'm all in at 1k so far.

I have an extra square forge upper receiver that I think I will swap in. The major part for me looks to be an A1 lower receiver. I will go check out Shark Arms on the A1 Buttstock Kit right now. If that doesnt work out, is there any additional advice on buttstock kits that are recommended or ones to explicitly stay away from using?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/16/2022 11:13:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#28]

Thank you for the info so far! I got the battery cap off and will need to locate a replacement battery.

I have an extra square forge upper receiver that I think I will swap in. The major part for me looks to be an A1 lower receiver. I will go check out Shark Arms on the A1 Buttstock Kit right now. If that doesnt work out, is there any additional advice on buttstock kits that are recommended or ones to explicitly stay away from using?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/439238/leupoldscope2_jpg-2455804.JPG
View All Quotes

I haven't had much luck with the repro A1 stuff personally, so can't speak to those.  I try and stick to original Colt A1 stocks.  I'll leave commenting on repros or alternatives to someone more knowledgeable.  If it were me, I'd grab a Type E from Shark and if he doesn't have the extensions, buffers, etc to go with it, I'd grab those from White Oak Armament and combine them with the genuine Colt stock itself.  I have used a white oak A2 extension and it was dandy.  The finish is obviously different than Colt but not a big enough difference for most people to care.  WOA makes good stuff.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 9:02:36 AM EDT
[#29]

I haven't had much luck with the repro A1 stuff personally, so can't speak to those.  I try and stick to original Colt A1 stocks.  I'll leave commenting on repros or alternatives to someone more knowledgeable.  If it were me, I'd grab a Type E from Shark and if he doesn't have the extensions, buffers, etc to go with it, I'd grab those from White Oak Armament and combine them with the genuine Colt stock itself.  I have used a white oak A2 extension and it was dandy.  The finish is obviously different than Colt but not a big enough difference for most people to care.  WOA makes good stuff.
View All Quotes

I ended up getting my A1 stock with all the bits from Apex. They didn’t have a complete ‘kit’ for sale, but had all the individual parts and I went with a slightly salty used setup for my Mod 0.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 9:27:39 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Yes, you got a screaming deal on those parts.  What barrel?  What markings are on the rail?
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

I ended up getting my A1 stock with all the bits from Apex. They didn’t have a complete ‘kit’ for sale, but had all the individual parts and I went with a slightly salty used setup for my Mod 0.
View Quote

I will check out apex. I’ve decided I want to get a type E buttstock, but doing more research trying to figure out what I need to be looking for. I saw a review of a new reproduction one that says the stock is completely hollow, and I don’t think I want that.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 11:59:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DeviantHero] [#32]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

Yes, you got a screaming deal on those parts.  What barrel?  What markings are on the rail?
View Quote

Barrel is a “BCM 1/8 NM” marked barrel. Looking that up I couldn’t find an exact match but it’s obviously an 18” barrel from BCM. If anyone knows more info on the barrel that would be appreciated.

File size of rail pics is too big on my phone but I can post them later. “SR-15/16 FREE FLOATING RAIL ADAPTER SYSTEM PN 99167” and “KNIGHT’S ARMAMENT CO. TITUSVILLE, FL WWW.KNIGHTARMCO.COM”. Unfortunately not a VB.

I will still post pics of the rail markings later, maybe there are variations in fonts, etc. I know between my 4 10.75” URX2 rails they vary in fonts, letter spacing, etc.

Edit: Sorry for the terrible quality pictures, had to compress to upload more than I anticipated.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#33]

Barrel is a “BCM 1/8 NM” marked barrel. Looking that up I couldn’t find an exact match but it’s obviously an 18” barrel from BCM. If anyone knows more info on the barrel that would be appreciated.

File size of rail pics is too big on my phone but I can post them later. “SR-15/16 FREE FLOATING RAIL ADAPTER SYSTEM PN 99167” and “KNIGHT’S ARMAMENT CO. TITUSVILLE, FL WWW.KNIGHTARMCO.COM”. Unfortunately not a VB.

I will still post pics of the rail markings later, maybe there are variations in fonts, etc. I know between my 4 10.75” URX2 rails they vary in fonts, letter spacing, etc.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

Def variations in fonts.  Theres a pic dump of mod 1's with 99167 with smaller font size.  Think it was SMGLee pic dump.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 5:27:20 PM EDT
[#34]
That is a good barrel. I bought a BCM mod 1 off of here and the barrel shot great. I believe they were made by Criterion if I remember correctly
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 12:45:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Not quite clone correct but I was thrilled to grab a few more of the MIL/MIL/FFP Leupold Mark 4's. My mk12 is on an M4 lower right now and I actually really like it but I think it needs to go SOPMOD. Anyone make a decision one way or another if you don't want the A1/A2 stock?

Link Posted: 7/18/2022 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Ehtacs:
Not quite clone correct but I was thrilled to grab a few more of the MIL/MIL/FFP Leupold Mark 4's. My mk12 is on an M4 lower right now and I actually really like it but I think it needs to go SOPMOD. Anyone make a decision one way or another if you don't want the A1/A2 stock?

https://i.imgur.com/jBWzoCF.jpg
View Quote

Those things would be the ideal Mk4 for me if I could get over the look of the M5 turrets.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#37]

Those things would be the ideal Mk4 for me if I could get over the look of the M5 turrets.
View Quote
They definitely stand out. Functionally, I'm a fan but aesthetically they're hard to miss.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 11:19:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Finally got my Russian paint lowers put together, and was able to get both these completed.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 11:36:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By crazynoto:
Finally got my Russian paint lowers put together, and was able to get both these completed.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471628/PXL_20220718_203146521_jpg-2458330.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:16:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 03CR] [#40]
I've had a Mod 0, sold it and built an NSW Recce, sold it and later built a Mod H which I sold, and last night I scored a 99167 for about $450 by the time it's all said and done. Now it's time for a Mod 1. Navigating 1100 pages of this thread is quite the task and I'm looking for a picture. I've seen a picture of a Mod 1 with a NF 3.5-15 and a PRS stock, but I can't find it for the life of me. Anyone happen to have that picture handy?

Edit: the picture I'm thinking of with a PRS and 3.5-15 must have been a MK11. Disregard.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 11:09:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 03CR:
I've had a Mod 0, sold it and built an NSW Recce, sold it and later built a Mod H which I sold, and last night I scored a 99167 for about $450 by the time it's all said and done. Now it's time for a Mod 1. Navigating 1100 pages of this thread is quite the task and I'm looking for a picture. I've seen a picture of a Mod 1 with a NF 3.5-15 and a PRS stock, but I can't find it for the life of me. Anyone happen to have that picture handy?
View Quote
Here's the mod1/NF 3.5-15. I think the pic with the PRS was using a Leupold ER/T.

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 11:36:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Here's the mod1/NF 3.5-15. I think the pic with the PRS was using a Leupold ER/T.
https://i.imgur.com/AhRGGiz.jpg

View All Quotes

Here's only pic I had saved with a PRS.    

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 1:51:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Anyone have a lead on an A.R.M.S. #40?

I can’t seem to find one to save my life.

Needed to complete the mod-d (dupemaster since nothing is really clone correct)

Link Posted: 7/20/2022 10:44:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Attachment Attached File

Some mk12 rigs from a clone shoot last weekend.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 1:21:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By dupemaster:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24268/FDA8AA24-AD9F-44F9-A775-EA1F70008F75-2459528.jpg

View Quote

Info on that upper rail?
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 1:55:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dupemaster] [#46]
Originally Posted By Blackbird90:

Info on that upper rail?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blackbird90:
Originally Posted By dupemaster:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24268/FDA8AA24-AD9F-44F9-A775-EA1F70008F75-2459528.jpg

Info on that upper rail?

PRI gen 3 I got from midway.

Here.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Well my friend and I joined an outdoor range that is about 30 minutes from me, has a bunch of 25 and 50 yard bays on it.

Also has a 100/200 yard bay, and once or twice a month they shut down some of the bays and paths and open it all the way to 600 yards.

Can't wait to finally stretch the legs on my Mk12
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 10:00:42 PM EDT
[#48]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/JaO0fDb_jpeg-2459490.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/JaO0fDb_jpeg-2459490.JPG
What mount is that?
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 10:41:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Theodoric:
What mount is that?
View Quote

larue obr
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Sn8kplissken:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/497207/Screenshot_20220720-094257_Photos_jpg-2459714.JPG
Some mk12 rigs from a clone shoot last weekend.
View Quote

Where are you out of? Would love to meet up and shoot!

Pic of MOD1 with swapped glass for groups…

https://imgur.com/a/3fV0hHQ
Page / 1177
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top