AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ringer706:

"It's long, hard....discreet packaging...did my wife order something?"  

Glad to see they showed up in one piece! Hope y'all like the little treats I threw in. Lot's of delivered packages today! @kmcale did it right, let's see some more.

View Quote

Got mine yesterday.  They're awesome!  Thanks again for all your hard work Ringer706!
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:37:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

We've tried to get Dewey to run some more but they were completely uninterested.

Your best bet there is chop a longer one down and make/mod in a female insert then paint it black, which has been done in the thread here.

Or get an original but can't help you with that one
View Quote

I do have a longer one laying around.. I could give it a go, maybe something to consider here soon
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I need some mod 1 inspiration if you kind folk wouldn't mind posting some pics of yours.  Barrel for my mod 0 is at the smith for for a week or two having flats milled and figured I'd use our time apart to start getting to know her sister a bit better
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:50:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gremyashchy1911] [#4]
Someone ask for Mod 1 pics? First time with the silencer attached, got 8-1/4 to 8-1/2 turns with this HCS barrel.

Forgot to check the lighting so crap photos as per usual from me but the case is almost all correct and but the normal infractions on the build.
P.S. the bore guild is in the case but hidden in the shadows
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:54:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:
I need some mod 1 inspiration if you kind folk wouldn't mind posting some pics of yours.  Barrel for my mod 0 is at the smith for for a week or two having flats milled and figured I'd use our time apart to start getting to know her sister a bit better
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:55:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Gremyashchy1911:
Someone ask for Mod 1 pics? First time with the silencer attached, got 8-1/4 to 8-1/2 turns with this HCS barrel.
https://i.imgur.com/triVemF.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/VCaHYDm.jpg
Forgot to check the lighting so crap photos as per usual from me but the case is almost all correct and but the normal infractions on the build.
View Quote

That is great!  Thanks for the pics and congrats on the case and the case candy.  Manuals and cards are hopefully in my future!
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:02:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/220444/20210408_101318_HDR_2_jpg-1929843.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/220444/20210405_170056_1__2_jpg-1929844.JPG

There's so much to love in there, holy cow.  The mod 1 with the leupold is killer!
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:58:00 PM EDT
[#8]
https://i.imgur.com/igWrzPk.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/VCaHYDm.jpg
View Quote

I see it .

Great setup though! I've got the slab-sided Mk4 and I'm really thinking I should've gone with the big nightforce. How's the eye relief on that? I'm normally nose to charging handle on AR's just from shooting NRA high power, and with Mk4 on ARMS rings, my cheek is almost hanging off the end of the stock.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:17:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By kmcale:
Got the bore guides in today. Big thanks to USMCSGT0331 for offering the original to be recreated, and ringer706 for the time invested into the project. They turned out awesome!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/488238/20210503_121509_jpg-1928065.JPG
Deployment kit is now finished
View Quote

Looks great!

Also...
Please someone make more of the books! Or at least email me some pdfs! I've been trying to find copies of Mk 12 and Mk 13 manuals for months now.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:27:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Put me down for a set of the books as well. Kicking myself now for not getting in on the last run.

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 1:13:03 AM EDT
[#11]

I see it .

Great setup though! I've got the slab-sided Mk4 and I'm really thinking I should've gone with the big nightforce. How's the eye relief on that? I'm normally nose to charging handle on AR's just from shooting NRA high power, and with Mk4 on ARMS rings, my cheek is almost hanging off the end of the stock.
View Quote

Eye relief is pretty excellent with my nose on the charging handle above 8x it starts to get fussy about picture. That said a half inch gap nose to charging handle it’s clean and clear across the hole range. Objective housing is a little further forward than the case really likes but it all still fits and I could bring it back and still get comfortable on the stock.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 1:43:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Eye relief is pretty excellent with my nose on the charging handle above 8x it starts to get fussy about picture. That said a half inch gap nose to charging handle it’s clean and clear across the hole range. Objective housing is a little further forward than the case really likes but it all still fits and I could bring it back and still get comfortable on the stock.
View Quote

Woof, alright, well one more thing to keep my eye out for then

Also, last call for spare bore guides! I have 3 non-engraved and 2 engraved guides left over as of right now. I can sell 2 immediately, and once the remaining 3 guides in the mail from the regular orders get delivered, I'll release the remaining 3 spares. I'm more than willing to do another run in the future if there's enough demand, but I have zero idea when, or more importantly IF that'll ever be. Send me a PM or email if you're interested.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:03:11 AM EDT
[#13]
The x50 NF is nice and my dream scope for the Mk12 but TheShlouf is killing me with that mildot 2.5-10x24 NF that optic is beautiful. Even more so with that chicken scratch on the bottom of the turret housing!
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:21:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:21:28 AM EDT
[#15]
The x50 NF is nice and my dream scope for the Mk12 but TheShlouf is killing me with that mildot 2.5-10x24 NF that optic is beautiful. Even more so with that chicken scratch on the bottom of the turret housing!
View Quote

If it makes you feel any better, it pretty much fell into my lap. The guy messaged me first about some completely unrelated arms rings stuff. In chatting with him he mentioned he had it along with a sizable collection of mil contract NFs, so I asked if it was for sale.

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 1:23:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KGLaw] [#16]
Gen juan, deux, tree....   Or will be once I get some gas tubes in.
Potatopicarama.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a request for someone in here with ARMS rings and some calipers.

On the bottom of the rings, there is a crossbar that fits into the slots of picatinny rails. Can someone measure how thick that cross bar is?

I have a side project with a weaver rail (narrower slots than picatinny) and wondering if ARMS rings may works.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 2:18:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#18]
Originally Posted By JSchell1309:
I have a request for someone in here with ARMS rings and some calipers.

On the bottom of the rings, there is a crossbar that fits into the slots of picatinny rails. Can someone measure how thick that cross bar is?

I have a side project with a weaver rail (narrower slots than picatinny) and wondering if ARMS rings may works.
View Quote

I got 4.81mm deep and about 2.65mm tall
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 2:34:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:
Potatopicarama.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59096/DSC_0711_jpg-1930497.JPG
View Quote

That middle one with the malformed brake...you can send it to me for some TLC and repair.
Man those straight tube Mod 0’s are sexy as hell!
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 2:41:34 PM EDT
[#20]

That middle one with the malformed brake...you can send it to me for some TLC and repair.
Man those straight tube Mod 0’s are sexy as hell!
View Quote

The untimed brakes are going to annoy the heck out of me until the tubes arrive.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 2:46:03 PM EDT
[#21]

The untimed brakes are going to annoy the heck out of me until the tubes arrive.
View Quote

That’s why I keep junk crush washers around stacked two on mine so I could time the brake while I was waiting on parts. Not real pretty but works to keep it from being eye poking to me as they rattle around in the safe.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:41:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Mama Mia!  Look at that.  Like a bar of gold attached to that RAS.  Very nice!
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Potatopicarama.

View Quote

These look amazing, that Gen I is stuff of dreams

You and lancecriminal should definitely post more.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:02:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#24]
Potatopicarama.

View Quote
Livin' the dream.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#25]
So I just got my two bore guides, they look sweet!

Question...what do you use them for?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 3:40:30 PM EDT
[#26]

pp --> PP
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
So I just got my two bore guides, they look sweet!

Question...what do you use them for?
View Quote

Yes, mine was in my mailbox for a couple days before I had time to grab it, then sat on my counter until this am. They are true works of art!  The answer to your question is, to make others envious when you put them in your now complete deployment case.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By mstennes:

Yes, mine was in my mailbox for a couple days before I had time to grab it, then sat on my counter until this am. They are true works of art!  The answer to your question is, to make others envious when you put them in your now complete deployment case.
View Quote
Lol I still need the Dewy Rod and the cleaning pouch...THEN its done
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 7:05:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Shark Arms is advertising MK12 bore guides.

From the same run we got or did someone else do a repro too?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 7:07:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

View Quote

The photo I saw of one he had posted with a serial number engraved looked like the same serial # Ringer706 used for his. Would be curious to know if same run as well.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 7:43:34 PM EDT
[#31]

The photo I saw of one he had posted with a serial number engraved looked like the same serial # Ringer706 used for his. Would be curious to know if same run as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The engraving is a part number, not a serial number if I'm not mistaken.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
So is this a good thing or a bad thing?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:13:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
So is this a good thing or a bad thing?
View Quote

Depends on the pricing.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:54:26 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Yes, these are the same. I reached out to Chris at Shark when I was first starting out on the project to see if he was interested so that I would have enough ordered to make the project possible.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:57:11 PM EDT
[#35]

Yes, these are the same. I reached out to Chris at Shark when I was first starting out on the project to see if he was interested so that I would have enough ordered to make the project possible.
View All Quotes

Good plan. Always cheaper in bulk, which saved us some money.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:03:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ArmyPilot12:

View All Quotes

Bingo. It helped out a lot and made things a lot more possible.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:54:35 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Very cool.  He's a good guy too.  Have spent many a dollar with him, LOL.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:14:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: deadpunch] [#38]
I got a riddle for you boys.  Does anyone know how a way to tell from this packaging label if this #38 PEQ2-3 is wingless or not (I'm sure the answer is no) OR have any tricks to where I might be able to see into this?  This thing is triple wrapped with 2 mil packaging and I cannot make out the swan.  Sooooooo tempted to open it up but no way I'm doing it without exhausting any avenue to try and see it through the packaging with my own two eyes.  And no, shinning a flash light does not work.  Makes it harder to see actually.  Just hoping someone may have ran into one of these.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:21:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By deadpunch:
I got a riddle for you boys.  Does anyone know how a way to tell from this packaging label if this #38 PEQ2-3 is wingless or not (I'm sure the answer is no) OR have any tricks to where I might be able to see into this?  This thing is triple wrapped with 2 mil packaging and I cannot make out the swan.  Sooooooo tempted to open it up but no way I'm doing it without exhausting any avenue to try and see it through the packaging with my own two eyes.  And no, shinning a flash light does not work.  Makes it harder to see actually.  Just hoping someone may have ran into one of these.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/506521/Screen_Shot_2021-05-06_at_9_05_55_PM_png-1932797.JPG
View Quote

It's possible, but those overly long stainless slotted screws were used in the release they did around 2012, which were winged.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:41:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: deadpunch] [#40]

It's possible, but those overly long stainless slotted screws were used in the release they did around 2012, which were winged.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/506521/Screen_Shot_2021-05-06_at_9_05_55_PM_png-1932797.JPG

The sheer fact that you just knew that from a friggin' bolt makes me question your sanity, sir.  And also mildly turns me on... . I did wonder about that screw as it was different from the other screws I've got.

If I decide to open these ones then I'll let you know for sure!
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#41]

The sheer fact that you just knew that from a friggin' bolt makes me question your sanity, sir.  And also mildly turns me on... . I did wonder about that screw as it was different from the other screws I've got.

View All Quotes

I think you're right, Hunterex.  Turned off all the lights, ran a red light at an angle and underneath the magnifying glass and I think I'm making out a wing.  Hard to say for sure but I'm fairly positive.  Was hoping it was wingless but at least I've got a factory sealed crazy rare rail to find something to do with.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 3:50:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Anyone have a lead or know we’re there’s AEM5 cans in stock
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Sn8kplissken:
View Quote

One on GunBroker but it’s high, other then that jump on a waiting list. I got lucky and found mine in a retail store for a lead and grabbed it turn of the year.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/899844293
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#44]

I think you're right, Hunterex.  Turned off all the lights, ran a red light at an angle and underneath the magnifying glass and I think I'm making out a wing.  Hard to say for sure but I'm fairly positive.  Was hoping it was wingless but at least I've got a factory sealed crazy rare rail to find something to do with.
View Quote

I’m not above taking donations.....
Only kidding but that is a awesome thing to have new in wrapper.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:38:20 PM EDT
[#45]

One on GunBroker but it’s high, other then that jump on a waiting list. I got lucky and found mine in a retail store for a lead and grabbed it turn of the year.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/899844293
View Quote

JFC I paid $625 for mine.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

You probably did this but call ever gunshop you can feasibly drive to.  I've found a couple through small ma and pa's.  I will post up if I run into another.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:09:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sn8kplissken] [#47]
I will keep my eyes open for one and hop on it thanks ya I heard they quit making them too don’t know if that’s true or not ..
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:20:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By stainlineho:

JFC I paid $625 for mine.
View Quote

JFC the seller bridged the gap.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#49]
I will keep my eyes open for one and hop on it thanks ya I heard they quit making them too don’t know if that’s true or not ..
View Quote

It's not true.  Ron is still pumping them out.  I put to bed the "retirement" rumor as well.  Spoke to him about a month ago and he kinda chuckled about it.  He said that he's merely going back to a 40 hour work week.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#50]

It's not true.  Ron is still pumping them out.  I put to bed the "retirement" rumor as well.  Spoke to him about a month ago and he kinda chuckled about it.  He said that he's merely going back to a 40 hour work week.
View Quote

Don’t think you can really call it a rumor since it came from the man himself, but that is good news that he will be staying active.
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top