BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 7:12:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey gents, were any A1 lowers used on Mk 12 Mod 1s used by the USMC?

Also as a curiosity question unrelated to my build, have any partial slab side or slab sides lowers (like on the XM16E1) ever been seen on any Mk 12s in the wild? It seems like it could have been possible. Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 8:49:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: coejro] [#2]
A1 lowers were used and are clone correct for the USMC MK12 Mod 1.  No idea on the slab side or partial fence lowers.

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 8:59:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Not mine but clone correct glass for sale.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/New-Old-Stock-Leupold-2-5-8x36-Illum-Mil-Dot-Mk12-Mod-Holland/163-1998884/
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:39:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:
Not mine but clone correct glass for sale. 
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/New-Old-Stock-Leupold-2-5-8x36-Illum-Mil-Dot-Mk12-Mod-Holland/163-1998884/
View Quote

Dat price tho
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:41:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

Dat price tho
View Quote
I know that's insane

Link Posted: 5/17/2020 2:48:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
I know that's insane 

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

Dat price tho 
I know that's insane 

Isn't that about what they are going for these days? I'm trying to find a 67920 vs. that one which is a 60150.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 3:11:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA-Minuteman] [#7]
Originally Posted By mdavis:

Isn't that about what they are going for these days? I'm trying to find a 67920 vs. that one which is a 60150.
View Quote
I thought I saw one on snipershide for 1400 shipped. That was a month or so ago
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 6:41:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: usnguns] [#8]
I know that's insane 

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

Dat price tho 
I know that's insane 

I've done business with a bunch of dudes in this thread and have always been open to offers.

The older style illumination housings are the only correct scopes for the Mk12, and the turrets aren't being sold anymore.  The slab sided, tethered battery cap scopes (which weren't used on Mk12s) sold for more when they were new and available.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By usnguns:

I've done business with a bunch of dudes in this thread and have always been open to offers.

The older style illumination housings are the only correct scopes for the Mk12, and the turrets aren't being sold anymore.  The slab sided, tethered batter cap scopes (which weren't used on Mk12s) sold for more when they were new and available.
View Quote

Your price seems right.

I had a Mk4 3.5-10x40 sku 53672 for $1300 and probably it would have sold for that but I hooked some one up in here for their MK12 Mod0 build.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By usnguns:

I've done business with a bunch of dudes in this thread and have always been open to offers.

The older style illumination housings are the only correct scopes for the Mk12, and the turrets aren't being sold anymore.  The slab sided, tethered battery cap scopes (which weren't used on Mk12s) sold for more when they were new and available.
View Quote
I dont doubt its a good price

I'm still adjusting to the price of some of these parts. The error is on my end not yours
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:58:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: usnguns] [#11]
I dont doubt its a good price

I'm still adjusting to the price of some of these parts. The error is on my end not yours
View All Quotes

I've done business with a bunch of dudes in this thread and have always been open to offers.

The older style illumination housings are the only correct scopes for the Mk12, and the turrets aren't being sold anymore.  The slab sided, tethered battery cap scopes (which weren't used on Mk12s) sold for more when they were new and available.

I'm still adjusting to the price of some of these parts. The error is on my end not yours

Thanks.

Anyway...back to the pics.  NF all the way.

Link Posted: 5/17/2020 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Thanks.

Anyway...back to the pics.  NF all the way. 

https://i.imgur.com/phvEz0N.jpg
View All Quotes

The older style illumination housings are the only correct scopes for the Mk12, and the turrets aren't being sold anymore.  The slab sided, tethered battery cap scopes (which weren't used on Mk12s) sold for more when they were new and available.

Thanks.

I was eyeballing your 2.5-10. Luckily someone bought it before I broke down.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:56:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Thanks.

View Quote

Who did you MK13? I've got all my parts for mine rocked and ready to go as soon as the can gets out of jail...........in about 10 months so it would seem.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:27:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Anyone have any recommendations for a mounting system for the Docter Sight on top of the MK 4 like the picture shown. I know the ring cap is A.R.M.S. #22 TRC, but the flat mount below it is escaping me. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:39:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Thanks.

View Quote

Jeeeebus, that's glorious!!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By mra4523:
Anyone have any recommendations for a mounting system for the Docter Sight on top of the MK 4 like the picture shown. I know the ring cap is A.R.M.S. #22 TRC, but the flat mount below it is escaping me. Thoughts?http://www.imfdb.org/images/1/18/Lone76.jpg
View Quote

A long time ago it turned out that was a cheap ncstar or bsa or airsoft mount of some kind.

I haven't seen any of the photos of Matt Axelson with a Mk12 showing that setup from the movie, but it's always possible the photos of him simply were further before their fatal mission.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

A long time ago it turned out that was a cheap ncstar or bsa or airsoft mount of some kind.

I haven't seen any of the photos of Matt Axelson with a Mk12 showing that setup from the movie, but it's always possible the photos of him simply were further before their fatal mission.
View Quote

My research suggested the same, but I figured I would raise the question anyway for perspectives's sake. I do know that Docter USA has a wingless mount for the sight. I may go with that. My thought here had less to do with replicating the Axelson rifle and more making the rifle a bit more versatile at the closer ranges.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:14:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By mra4523:

My research suggested the same, but I figured I would raise the question anyway for perspectives's sake. I do know that Docter USA has a wingless mount for the sight. I may go with that. My thought here had less to do with replicating the Axelson rifle and more making the rifle a bit more versatile at the closer ranges.
View Quote

Do consider that rear mounting the Docter like that will obscure your elevation turret. Front mounting it or doing a 45 offset from the handguard will make sure you can still see your turrets.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:24:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

Do consider that rear mounting the Docter like that will obscure your elevation turret. Front mounting it or doing a 45 offset from the handguard will make sure you can still see your turrets.
View Quote

That was my plan. front mounted makes more sense.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 1:38:27 PM EDT
[#20]
@footsoldier9th

Thanks brother!

Link Posted: 5/18/2020 3:36:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:
@footsoldier9th

Thanks brother!

https://i.imgur.com/ZqLHkOt.jpg
View Quote

I'm already thinking up the paint combos you'd need to match all of those!
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#22]
@Dobs013

No problem, glad you were able to snag a few.

@footsoldier9th

Thanks brother!

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/18/2020 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#23]
What’s everyone’s opinion on stocks? Fixed or SOPMOD?

I feel like an A1 lower needs an A1 stock but being able to collapse it down for storage would be nice. And the cheek weld on the SOPMOD is much nicer.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 4:47:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Rothperson87:
What’s everyone’s opinion on stocks? Fixed or SOPMOD? 

I feel like an A1 lower needs an A1 stock but being able to collapse it down for storage would be nice. And the cheek weld on the SOPMOD is much nicer.
View Quote

I think the decision really comes down to eye relief. I personally like the look of the A1 stock most, but will admit that the eye relief lacks with it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 4:59:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cheekibreeki] [#25]
Originally Posted By Rothperson87:
What’s everyone’s opinion on stocks? Fixed or SOPMOD? 

I feel like an A1 lower needs an A1 stock but being able to collapse it down for storage would be nice. And the cheek weld on the SOPMOD is much nicer.
View Quote

I realized fixed stocks were pretty much garbage once I began practicing positional shooting with my Mk12. SOPMOD also has too much comb on it for a lot of folks, but it's alright. The dudes putting Magpul CTRs on their Mk12s were the big brain ones.

I recommend people go out and do the 21 dot drill with their Mk12. Fun to find out just how right you need to balance bipod load or you'll shift your POI from the KAC rail flexing the barrel nut. Just a tad too much bipod load and it'll go almost an inch low at 100 yards. It happens against barricades too. Gotta make sure not to press very hard.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#26]
@footsoldier9th

Thanks brother!

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/18/2020 6:56:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PerfectTurn] [#27]
@footsoldier9th

Thanks brother!

View Quote

Nice!!  I can't get consistent or timely responses from seller, must be busy, so I'll just hold out for the HCS one I guess.  I'm not much of a beggar.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 7:18:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Any of you guys want an ARMS 22 TRC? I found one downstairs that's missing at least one of the screws, and you'll need to get the TRR rail. Someone can have it for cost of shipping.
Might be some residue from water exposure as the basement flooded 18 months ago, but hey, it's aluminum, water isn't going to hurt it
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 7:20:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By WhiteDingo:
Any of you guys want an ARMS 22 TRC? I found one downstairs that's missing at least one of the screws, and you'll need to get the TRR rail. Someone can have it for cost of shipping.
Might be some residue from water exposure as the basement flooded 18 months ago, but hey, it's aluminum, water isn't going to hurt it
View Quote

IM'd!
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 7:35:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By DStepec:

IM'd!
View Quote

Shoot.. the one time I was slow to open up this thread .. haha
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:56:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By WhiteDingo:
Any of you guys want an ARMS 22 TRC? I found one downstairs that's missing at least one of the screws, and you'll need to get the TRR rail. Someone can have it for cost of shipping.
Might be some residue from water exposure as the basement flooded 18 months ago, but hey, it's aluminum, water isn't going to hurt it
View Quote

Damn I need some post notifications when folks are offering up the goods.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:42:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Does anyone know where to get a replacement set screw for a Mod0 collar? I have a collar but the set screw is stripped out and it looks like collars are out of stock. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:16:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:
Does anyone know where to get a replacement set screw for a Mod0 collar? I have a collar but the set screw is stripped out and it looks like collars are out of stock. Any suggestions?
View Quote

Any hardware or fastener store will have them. If you can't/don't want to take the brake off, it's a 6-32 x 1/8".
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:58:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Anyone know where a guy and get a set of Arms 22H without the stop?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:04:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
Anyone know where a guy and get a set of Arms 22H without the stop?
View Quote
a shop with a grinder...
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:25:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Does anyone know where to get a replacement set screw for a Mod0 collar? I have a collar but the set screw is stripped out and it looks like collars are out of stock. Any suggestions?
View Quote

I drilled and tapped mine for a larger size.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:01:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mra4523] [#37]
Question I'm fumbling with. I have decided whether or not I want to paint the entire rifle or leave it black but does anyone have any experience painting these sights or should I just try to strip the old rattle can paint? I have the front sight too thats got a little wear which is why I consider painting both at the same time.

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:13:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Should edit that out my friend, unnecessary.

If youre going to paint both, just paint over it
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:16:35 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

IM incoming
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:16:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By mra4523:
Picked up this KAC iron sight from genofromreno on gunbroker, I know he also sells on here. Guys a bit of a dick, but I got what I wanted, so I'll let it go. Question I'm fumbling with. I have decided whether or not I want to paint the entire rifle or leave it black but does anyone have any experience painting these sights or should I just try to strip the old rattle can paint? I have the front sight too thats got a little wear which is why I consider painting both at the same time.

https://p1.gunbroker.com/pics/868756000/868756557/pix734748533.jpg
View Quote

Don't strip the old paint off that sight. Leave it off and paint your rifle, remount the sight, and use it. Eventually, the paint will match and whole rifle will have that been-there-done-that look like the sight does.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:34:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Engineer5] [#41]
Question I'm fumbling with. I have decided whether or not I want to paint the entire rifle or leave it black but does anyone have any experience painting these sights or should I just try to strip the old rattle can paint? I have the front sight too thats got a little wear which is why I consider painting both at the same time.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Don't strip the old paint off that sight. Leave it off and paint your rifle, remount the sight, and use it. Eventually, the paint will match and whole rifle will have that been-there-done-that look like the sight does.

Yes, just leave it!
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:35:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By kmcale:
Should edit that out my friend, unnecessary. 

If youre going to paint both, just paint over it
View Quote

Fair enough, thanks for the early morning check.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:55:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Just got off the phone with PRI talking shop about barrels - had no idea CLE turned their douglas barrels.  Thought PRI turned them in house.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:50:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KGLaw] [#44]
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:
Just got off the phone with PRI talking shop about barrels - had no idea CLE turned their douglas barrels.  Thought PRI turned them in house.
View Quote

If I had known that, I might have held on to one of the several I've had.

ETA - Not downing PRi with that statement at all.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:50:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KGLaw] [#45]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:59:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Into_the_Void] [#46]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

If I had known that, I might have hanged on to one of the several I've had. 

ETA - Not downing PRi with that statement at all.
View All Quotes
Just got off the phone with PRI talking shop about barrels - had no idea CLE turned their douglas barrels.  Thought PRI turned them in house.

If I had known that, I might have hanged on to one of the several I've had. 

ETA - Not downing PRi with that statement at all.

In the vein of this topic...

Never call Bergara.  Jesus Christ.  "I don't know who Precision Reflex is or have any idea what you're talking about.  We haven't made AR barrels in over 2 years".

Call PRI back, tell them, laughter ensues.  They make a really really nice barrel for the money, but obviously they don't know what the other hand is doing.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#47]

In the vein of this topic...

Never call Bergara.  Jesus Christ.  "I don't know who Precision Reflex is or have any idea what you're talking about.  We haven't made AR barrels in over 2 years".

Call PRI back, tell them, laughter ensues.  They make a really really nice barrel for the money, but obviously they don't know what the other hand is doing.
View Quote

Does the Bergara barrel PRI sells have the step in the right place to use the long collar and FSB and still have the right dimensions in front of the collar?

PRI doesn’t list any dimensions and is pretty short on detail altogether.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:49:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Jackson1:

Does the Bergara barrel PRI sells have the step in the right place to use the long collar and FSB and still have the right dimensions in front of the collar?

PRI doesn’t list any dimensions and is pretty short on detail altogether.
View All Quotes

In the vein of this topic...

Never call Bergara.  Jesus Christ.  "I don't know who Precision Reflex is or have any idea what you're talking about.  We haven't made AR barrels in over 2 years".

Call PRI back, tell them, laughter ensues.  They make a really really nice barrel for the money, but obviously they don't know what the other hand is doing.

Does the Bergara barrel PRI sells have the step in the right place to use the long collar and FSB and still have the right dimensions in front of the collar?

PRI doesn’t list any dimensions and is pretty short on detail altogether.

No, there isn't enough room for a long collar on a Mod 0 with PRi's 18" barrels.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:03:11 PM EDT
[#49]

No, there isn't enough room for a long collar on a Mod 0 with PRi's 18" barrels.
View Quote

Thanks. Based on that and a post by LC on pg 1008, it sounds like in order to use a long collar on a Mod 0, I’ll either have to either modify the barrel or collar?

I just finished reading all 1000+ pages and have been bitten by the Mod 0 bug. Trying to figure out what I need to look for.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:08:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kmcale] [#50]

Thanks. Based on that and a post by LC on pg 1008, it sounds like in order to use a long collar on a Mod 0, I’ll either have to either modify the barrel or collar?

I just finished reading all 1000+ pages and have been bitten by the Mod 0 bug. Trying to figure out what I need to look for.
View Quote

CLE Barrel, long collar, shimmed brake..gets a hair under 4 turns for the suppressor, more than likely not recommended, but it shoots..
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top