Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/23/2010 1:10:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
- original poster says 'only criteria is a flat upper'  

- Everyone has posted suggestions of what to buy but have any of the suggestions been flat uppers (except for mine)?

- If I missed a flat upper post can someone point it out to me?  

most if not all.

the spikes has a front sight base on their website and the delton link showed a front sight base.  

which one of the links shows a flat top?  (I am just curious on how you find the flat tops).

You want a gas block instead of a front sight.  Flat upper refers to..well...the upper

I learned something.  thanks!  
Link Posted: 9/23/2010 1:13:12 PM EDT
[#2]
DSA Lower $60 + Del-Ton total parts kit $460 = $520 for a flat top upper AR15.
Link Posted: 9/23/2010 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you want the cheapest, get yourself a Blackthorn ...... LOL

yep, they are perfect for destroying trees
Link Posted: 9/24/2010 7:21:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey everyone I am interested in doing a build for the first time. I am looking at that link posted of the kit of 465 or so but I would spring for the chrome lined bolt carrier and upper. My question is does this come with a buffer tube and EVERYTHING needed to complete a ar15 minus a lower? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/24/2010 7:23:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Hey everyone I am interested in doing a build for the first time. I am looking at that link posted of the kit of 465 or so but I would spring for the chrome lined bolt carrier and upper. My question is does this come with a buffer tube and EVERYTHING needed to complete a ar15 minus a lower? Thanks in advance.

Yep, everything but the lower.  Get the stripped lower locally or through a different vendor to be shipped to a local FFL of your choice.

Link Posted: 9/24/2010 7:27:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
CMMG bargain bin rifles are inexpensive.

This. Also from what I've read they are pretty good to go.

Also don't be a moron, don't shoot trees. Buy a 2x4 and build a target stand. Geez...

word.

Also be aware of whats behind your shooting... shooting trees doesn't sound like you have a proper backstop.

What did that tree ever do to you?

Can't you feel its pain?
....but seriously, go with Spike's.
Link Posted: 9/24/2010 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Just remember cheapest on the front end may not mean cheapest overall. Add 100 or 200 to the cheapest for upgrades that should come with a well made weapon.
Link Posted: 9/25/2010 7:13:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
CMMG bargain bin rifles are inexpensive.

Best bang for the buck IMHO
Link Posted: 9/25/2010 10:25:16 AM EDT
[#9]
$270 - BCM blem lower w/ M4 stock body
$385 - BCM standard upper
$135 - BCM bolt carrier group and standard charging handle
$23 - BCM handguards
$55 - Magpul Mbus rear iron sight

$868 total for a fine carbine.

Handguards and back-up iron sight can be found dirt cheap on EE.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top