Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 3:11:24 PM EDT
regular BCM BCG or RRA chrome BCG?  Reason I ask is because the RRA chrome BCG are on sale right now.  How much difference is there between these BCGs?  I have read the M4 chart on each manufacturer, but does any of that translate into reliability and use in the field by showing on is superior to the other?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:25:27 PM EDT
[#1]
BCM or Denny's Thunderbolt
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:27:39 PM EDT
[#2]
BCM or spikes NiB
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:38:38 PM EDT
[#3]
BCM
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:52:32 PM EDT
[#4]
BCM

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:34:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Spike's has a better logo than BCM.  I have an unmarked DD.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#6]
BCM for the win Am sure the chrome RR would last quite a few rounds, but the BCM is pretty much as good as it gets. Dennys and Spikes BCG are probably also pretty comparable in quality, but I personally believe in BCM for my BCG. I believe all bolts will break eventually, if used enough. That's the one place for the best available, without the chrome bling for me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#7]
BCM
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:20:33 PM EDT
[#8]
BCM or Spikes.  I just feel that with them, they are "smaller" companies that provide more of a specialty feel to their preminum parts.  Of course, DD, etc. also have that same feel, but I have personal experience with BCM/Spikes.  First thing I do when I build/buy a new one is throw a BCM BCG in it.  Probably not necessary, but WTF.  One less thing I have to worry about.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:27:15 PM EDT
[#9]
BCM
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:32:54 PM EDT
[#10]
BCM
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:48:15 PM EDT
[#11]
my DD has been great, but i would have no issue with BCM or Spikes.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:58:27 PM EDT
[#12]
i have a bcm..........WOW is all i can say
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Because we all know that the logo on a BCG is the most important feature.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:07:19 PM EDT
[#14]
BCM
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I own BCM and DD. I intend on picking up a Spike's in the future.
I'd recommend any of the above.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:19:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Bravo Co.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:29:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Spikes,BCM, Denny's Thunderbolt, DD, LMT
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is there any other difference between the three mentioned???
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:30:22 PM EDT
[#19]
well i quess ill be the 1st to say BCM
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#20]
BCM, DD, Denny's, LMT, YM, Spikes... all gtg
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:37:27 PM EDT
[#21]
BCM, no bout a doubt it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:29:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't say that there was, although the BCM extractor spring is probably a little better.  However, that doesn't change the fact that you are recommending a BCG strictly because one has a "better logo."  That's just retarded.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:52:00 AM EDT
[#23]
I have been very pleased with my new BCM BCG. Although, the other mentioned units will work very good, as well.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:14:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Spikes chrome.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:20:43 AM EDT
[#25]
I'd go with the BCM if I had a choice. Not that I've ever had any issues with my RRA, but they don't offer them with a f/a bolt. So that is what would make my choice.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:24:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Spikes chrome.

they seem to be a real good value . But to much bling for me
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:25:22 AM EDT
[#27]
BCM is great and you won't have any problems with it, but why pay $150 plus shipping when you can get the same quality Daniel Defense BCG from AIM for $130 shipped.

Spikes, BCM, DD, Dennys Thunderbolt, Larue, any of these should be good to go. I personally only buy M16 BCGs because hopefully someday I'll have a RR and want to be able to use all of my uppers on it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:09:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Young Manufacturing cant be beat, pricey but well worth it they are like gold
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:30:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Fail Zero...is just that
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:31:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't say that there was, although the BCM extractor spring is probably a little better.  However, that doesn't change the fact that you are recommending a BCG strictly because one has a "better logo."  That's just retarded.

All else equal, how is it retarded?  If there were 2 BCGs, one had no logo, and the other had a pic of BHO, you wouldn't care which one is in your gun because the only thing different is the logo?  That seems retarded to me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:34:53 AM EDT
[#31]
BCM
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:52:02 AM EDT
[#32]
I jumped on the RRA Chrome BCG without researching it.  It's a nice enough BCG but it has the blue extractor insert.  It's staked properly too, but I'd been better off buying a BCM for near the same money.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:23:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All else equal, how is it retarded?  If there were 2 BCGs, one had no logo, and the other had a pic of BHO, you wouldn't care which one is in your gun because the only thing different is the logo?  That seems retarded to me.

And there in lies the difference between you and me.  I would close my eyes and pick one, the logo would have ZERO influence on my decision, we are talking about internal parts of a working machine, not art exhibits.

ETA: not that it matters one bit, but I have no idea what a "BHO" is.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:42:58 AM EDT
[#34]
BCM, Noveske, Spikes, etc.  I have a Noveske in my Bushy and it works fine.  No issues.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And there in lies the difference between you and me.  I would close my eyes and pick one, the logo would have ZERO influence on my decision, we are talking about internal parts of a working machine, not art exhibits.

Too funny.  So if someone spray painted three huge ugly letters down the side of your car, no problem because it is part of a working machine?  It still drives the same right?  Personally, I don't want huge ugly logos plastered down the side of my cars, or my guns.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:22:45 AM EDT
[#36]
DPMS......... there, I said it!

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm running a DD BCG in my carbine.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:34:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Several good ones mentioned. I have to pick BCM. I've yet to be disappointed.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:48:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too funny.  So if someone spray painted three huge ugly letters down the side of your car, no problem because it is part of a working machine?  It still drives the same right?  Personally, I don't want huge ugly logos plastered down the side of my cars, or my guns.  

He's right, all other things being equal... BCM's logo sucks.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:39:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Yeah it was an elaborate way of saying they're equal and the only difference is logo preference so essentially your the not so perceptive one for not picking up on it
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:40:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's right, all other things being equal... BCM's logo sucks.  

And now we're comparing car finishes to AR-15 BCGs, I think I've had enough here.  You guys run along and enjoy you're pretty little BCGs, hopefully one day you will actually fire your rifles.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:50:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

And now we're comparing car finishes to AR-15 BCGs, I think I've had enough here.  You guys run along and enjoy you're pretty little BCGs, hopefully one day you will actually fire your rifles.

lil butt hurt?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:46:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
BCM

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:27:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I jumped on the RRA Chrome BCG without researching it.  It's a nice enough BCG but it has the blue extractor insert.  It's staked properly too, but I'd been better off buying a BCM for near the same money.

Ive used Blue inserts in the early days .

Never any problems what so ever.

I have a few  armorers manuals that shows several ways to STAKE a KEY.
Staked is Staked
Theres not just 1 way

No one BITCH here about there carriers until the ban was lifted!

Armalite
Colt
Bushmaster
RRA

All GTG.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Fail Zero
Young
BCM with Ion Bond finish
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top