Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/13/2010 2:06:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2010 2:22:57 PM EDT by YELLOWV]
Well about a month or so ago after like 10 moths I finally got my M4 build done. I was pretty content that it was fully complete with the exception of an optic. It looked like this.

Well here we are a few weeks later. I decided to swap the MOE stock to a CTR, I switched from the MVG to a AFG, added a VTAC sling, added mount-n-slot sling mount, MI rear QD sling mount, KNS pins, BAD lever, Phantom 5C2 and of course the Eotech. Guess I wasn't done :) I definately prefer the CTR to the MOE stock. More solid feeling for sure. Locks up like a rock. Also really like the AFG although after ordering it I kinda doubted it would work for my setup. Only thing I am missing now is a light mount.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:16:02 PM EDT
No dude you got it all wrong. Keep it the same so your memory reflex adjusts.
To each there own disease, mine hinges on each time I get the itch i end up with a new weapon system. Ouch
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:33:38 PM EDT
I have a strange strain of BRD.

Instead of modding rifles I currently own, I will buy a new one. It sucks.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:58:45 PM EDT
Unfortunately my wallet won't support that strain of the disease. Although it probably would if I didn't also collect guitars.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:01:15 PM EDT
"Although it probably would if I didn't also collect guitars."

Been there done that. Gibsons and vintage Strats are a bit pricey. Now I just have a couple of US Kramers and spend my money on rifles.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:08:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By altopwescap:
"Although it probably would if I didn't also collect guitars."

Been there done that. Gibsons and vintage Strats are a bit pricey. Now I just have a couple of US Kramers and spend my money on rifles.

I sold my US Kramers to fund my BRD.

Nice rifle OP! Time to start the next one......

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:19:42 PM EDT
Very nice, and I agree with the others. Time to start a new one. I'm currently working on my third. Why... I have no idea.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:24:09 PM EDT
I've got it bad right now.

My 14.5" looks almost exactly the same as your except I have the ACS stock and its all black.

I am now finishing up my Noveske 18" SPR and starting on an 11.5" BCM. These will join my 14.5" and my AR-22.

I wasn't going to build the 11.5" but when I bought my Noveske upper they sent me a free lower so now I have a lower sitting around begging for attention.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:44:02 PM EDT
I have become a PRS addict, but I have a bunch of other stuff as well. I may pick up another lower at the next gun show and start another build I would like to do an SBR.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:54:05 PM EDT
God, Guns and Rock and Roll.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:08:47 PM EDT
My gun did the same thing! It went from a kiss car to a M4 tacticool gun. Once you mod it to the point ours are at, you want to build another. That's part of the disease.

When you paint red on a white wall, you have to prime the wall in a dark (ish) grey to get the red to cover in two coats. Or else you paint the wall three to six times, dumping gallons into the project.
Top Top