Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2010 8:51:32 PM EDT
Is the extended latch that comes with it also made out of aluminum or steel? like the one from Badger, PRI, etc? i am looking for an extended latch that is made out of aluminum because my RRA upper is pretty much dinged already on the part where the latch bites.and it was also shallow on that part to begin with, i think that area  was over machined and trimmed.  I thought the aluminum will be "milder" on the upper.
Is the VLTOR charging handle worth the money for 45 bucks?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The part is aluminum. As for wear I have only had mine for a few months and have not had any appricable wear. Is it worth it. In my opinion yes. I have three now and they are better built than swapping out the latch with a badger unit as teh roll pin is too small and not properly supported. That and I just really like the size of the large latch. Quailty unit.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:28:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a BCM V-4,,,says Voltor,,works greatno wear yet bonly 1400-1500 rds so far
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:20:05 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks. i was expecting it to be like the gasbuster. where the charging handle is aluminum but the latch in steel.
in the VLTOR is the handle itself a lot "bigger" than a standard CH? and the latch also made from T6 aluminum?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top