Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2010 3:53:09 AM EDT
I know its legal. My question is, is will it fit? does it use the same extractor and springs? Will the semi auto bolt fit properly? Thank you. And thanks to all that answered my other question yesterday. Stilleto.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:18:20 AM EDT
[#1]
yes
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:24:10 AM EDT
[#2]
It will fit, and is considered better than a semi auto BCG by many.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:25:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Only difference in the auto carrier and a standard one is the auto carrier has more mass and as a result is heavier.......
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:50:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Only difference in the auto carrier and a standard one is the auto carrier has more mass and as a result is heavier.......

+1   Both carrier types have same overall dimensions and are interchangeable.   The cutout in the M16 carrier is smaller so it is heavier.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:08:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hey, that's a good one - 'has more mass and is heavier'. That's like 'It's more expensive and is costlier'.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:38:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, that's a good one - 'has more mass and is heavier'. That's like 'It's more expensive and is costlier'.

Mass includes inertia and density...  Just because it has more mass doesn't mean it's heavier, although it is the case this time.

Back on topic, why would a heavier bolt carrier be considered better?  Does it allow for more reliable feeding?

ETA:  failed at chemistry myself...
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:40:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mass is weight X density...  Just because it has more mass doesn't mean it's heavier, although it is the case this time.

Back on topic, why would a heavier bolt carrier be considered better?  Does it allow for more reliable feeding?

Yes, especially in select fire weapons or rifles using heavier than standard ammunition, i.e. 64-80 grain loads.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:05:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I just like having the rifle as close as possible to the same design spec..like un notched hammers.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top