Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2010 3:12:07 PM EDT
Hi all,

I am new here, i purchased a rock river arms complete lower half (with CAR stock) from a friend at a good deal. I was wondering if anyone knew if RRA uppers have m4 feed ramps, make use of midlength-carbine gas systems . I would also assume if ordered with a chrome lined barrel the chamber would be chromed as well.  I know this isn't rock river arms, but I figure I would ask just to see if anyone who happens to have a RRA  (or RRA upper) can chime in until monday.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#1]
RRA uppers sort of have M4 feed ramps, but not mil spec I guess people would say.  From what I understand, the armorers that put the uppers together at RRA dremel/drill feed ramps into the chamber after the barrel and receiver have been put together.  This isn't how other manufacturers do their feed ramps, but I guess its better than nothing.  RRA's uppers have midlength, carbine and rifle length gas tubes depending on what you order.  I do not about the chrome chamber, but I would assume so.  FYI M4 feed ramps aren't exactly needed.  They MAY help one round feed properly out of thousands.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:46:02 PM EDT
[#2]
RRA uppers do not have true M4 feed ramps.  Standard barrels are chrome moly, but you can upgrade to chrome lined for a fee and the chamber will be chrome lined as well.

If you are thinking about ordering an upper from them, check out Adco.  Their prices can't be beat.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Second adco. Good folks. If you are looking for a plinker then RRA is ok. If you want something more reliable then I would look at something else. NoT bashing RRA as I own three of their uppers and have had great luck with them but for a fighting gun I would look to BCM or Colt.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:48:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Second adco. Good folks. If you are looking for a plinker then RRA is ok. If you want something more reliable then I would look at something else. NoT bashing RRA as I own three of their uppers and have had great luck with them but for a fighting gun I would look to BCM or Colt.

RRA uppers are plenty reliable....I have had RRA non-chrome uppers with 6k+ wolf only never have a single problem at all. The snobbery on this forum baffles me sometimes... I fully trust RRA, but now there are better options for the same amount of money.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:26:15 PM EDT
[#5]
No snobery here, just saying they are not top tier. Like I said I have had good luck with them but for the same money (like you said) a better product can be bought. I do agree in one aspect is that RRA does get bashed pretty well here and on a few other sites.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:55:42 PM EDT
[#6]
RRA doesn't have M4 feedramps but you don't need M4 feedramps anyway on a semi. Yes, they are dremeled but the technique they use is very efficient and if you bought a RRA, say Tac Entry or mid length, upper you'd find they are not only one of the most accurate AR's they are also one of the most reliable. I'd go with a chromelined barrel.

If you were to go with another make upper I would go with a BCM, either 14.5 with pinned FH or middy. Look at BCM's 14.5 middy also. My RRA complete lower under a BCM 14.5 carbine upper with a BCM FA BCG is extremely accurate.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top