Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/11/2010 3:12:07 PM EDT
Hi all,

I am new here, i purchased a rock river arms complete lower half (with CAR stock) from a friend at a good deal. I was wondering if anyone knew if RRA uppers have m4 feed ramps, make use of midlength-carbine gas systems . I would also assume if ordered with a chrome lined barrel the chamber would be chromed as well. I know this isn't rock river arms, but I figure I would ask just to see if anyone who happens to have a RRA (or RRA upper) can chime in until monday.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:33:16 PM EDT
RRA uppers sort of have M4 feed ramps, but not mil spec I guess people would say. From what I understand, the armorers that put the uppers together at RRA dremel/drill feed ramps into the chamber after the barrel and receiver have been put together. This isn't how other manufacturers do their feed ramps, but I guess its better than nothing. RRA's uppers have midlength, carbine and rifle length gas tubes depending on what you order. I do not about the chrome chamber, but I would assume so. FYI M4 feed ramps aren't exactly needed. They MAY help one round feed properly out of thousands.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:46:02 PM EDT
RRA uppers do not have true M4 feed ramps. Standard barrels are chrome moly, but you can upgrade to chrome lined for a fee and the chamber will be chrome lined as well.

If you are thinking about ordering an upper from them, check out Adco. Their prices can't be beat.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:03:08 PM EDT
Second adco. Good folks. If you are looking for a plinker then RRA is ok. If you want something more reliable then I would look at something else. NoT bashing RRA as I own three of their uppers and have had great luck with them but for a fighting gun I would look to BCM or Colt.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:48:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By PrarieDog:
Second adco. Good folks. If you are looking for a plinker then RRA is ok. If you want something more reliable then I would look at something else. NoT bashing RRA as I own three of their uppers and have had great luck with them but for a fighting gun I would look to BCM or Colt.

RRA uppers are plenty reliable....I have had RRA non-chrome uppers with 6k+ wolf only never have a single problem at all. The snobbery on this forum baffles me sometimes... I fully trust RRA, but now there are better options for the same amount of money.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:26:15 PM EDT
No snobery here, just saying they are not top tier. Like I said I have had good luck with them but for the same money (like you said) a better product can be bought. I do agree in one aspect is that RRA does get bashed pretty well here and on a few other sites.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:55:42 PM EDT
RRA doesn't have M4 feedramps but you don't need M4 feedramps anyway on a semi. Yes, they are dremeled but the technique they use is very efficient and if you bought a RRA, say Tac Entry or mid length, upper you'd find they are not only one of the most accurate AR's they are also one of the most reliable. I'd go with a chromelined barrel.

If you were to go with another make upper I would go with a BCM, either 14.5 with pinned FH or middy. Look at BCM's 14.5 middy also. My RRA complete lower under a BCM 14.5 carbine upper with a BCM FA BCG is extremely accurate.
Top Top