Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 5:24:41 AM EDT
I am putting together a precision build, not a battle rifle, and have a few questions on a upper receiver. I am looking to get the most accuracy I can out of this setup. I have a Krieger 20" DCM barrel. I have read about Vltor MUR A-1, Raineir Arms Billet Ultra Match, Larue Stealth Upper and also the Mega Billet upper. I am wondering which might be best from an accuracy standpoint? Any real difference from a standard forged upper? I have read about the thicker wall and truer dimensions. I am not really worried about the cost, just looking to get the most accuracy I can. I have a good deal linned up on a Mega Billet set, but was wanting some people to chime in with real life experience. Again, this build is to make a real tack driver so small differences mean something. Thanks much.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:09:32 AM EDT
[#1]
You wont gain any accuracy with a billet upper. They are not worth the extra $$$ IMO. Go with a standard $95 upper. I also bought a receiver face lapping tool and squared off the front of my receiver. I dont know how much difference it makes on an AR but it cant hurt.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top