Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/10/2010 9:40:37 PM EDT
http://s396.photobucket.com/albums/pp43/JaxPoPo/AR-15/

Does anyone know the maker of these parts? I got a deal I could pass up even though I don't know who made it. I would like to know who made the upper, barrel and BCG. All I know is that it has a RRA lower.... Any help would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:01:56 PM EDT
Do you know if there's any stampings on the barrel? It looks like a DPMS upper assembly, BCG might be DPMS as well.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:01:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2010 5:02:56 AM EDT by jcrowl]
deleted
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:58:10 AM EDT
I don't know how to get the tube off to see if there are any markings on the barrel
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:56:19 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Shrike:
I don't know how to get the tube off to see if there are any markings on the barrel

I don't think there would be markings under the free float tube(They probably used a strap wrench to tighten it, and you would/should use vice blocks), I could be wrong though? All of the DPMS bull barrels I've seen are marked dpms .223 etc.. on them in front of the gas block.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:07:57 AM EDT
It's definitely a DPMS lo-pro upper receiver and hogue FF tube. It could be a DPMS chrome bcg but the few I've seen have all been staked, poorly, but none the less. The gas key in the one pictured is untouched like a YM. I doubt this is a factory built upper since every DPMS bull barreled upper I can find a picture of has a different gas block. The one pictured has a 90degree front edge whereas all of the DPMS uppers I've found have gas blocks with a 45degree front edge. The gas block looks more like a double star.
Top Top