Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2010 9:07:37 PM EDT
Or a thread for posting pictures of groups w/setups mentioned?

I just want to know what to expect in regards to accuracy from my ar15.

Has anyone ever done something like 10 shot 1MOA groups and the likes?

I am going to the range this weekend and will try a few groups to post back here.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:19:35 PM EDT
[#1]
The accuracy in these parts is MOLON.  He has a tacked thread at the top of the ar discussions with links to all his major posts.  You will learn a metric crap-ton about accuracy there.

Standard m4's are generally 1-3 moa.  Every rifle will shoot better with a different ammo.  mil-surplus is about 3 moa capable.  Even out of a match gun, because of the bullets and variences of the powder charges, you will only get a 2-3" group (typically).

Dont expect to shoot this good your first time out with an ar.  I have about 1k rounds of bench shooting under my belt now and its finally time to start changing ammo, I'm getting 2-5" groups at 100yds with brown bear and 5.56 (iron sights).  These are 5 shot groups and i know some error is mine - im shooting irons.  If you want to test the accuracy of the gun, get a 10x+ scope, an experienced shooter, and ammo the gun likes and do 3, 10-round groups.  This will give you the machanical accuracy of the gun.  You can assume that every round (with the given ammo) will fall inside that circle.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:37:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top