Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2010 2:00:39 PM EDT
Ok right now I have 3 AR's. One 7.5" piston pistol, a .50 beowulf, and a 5.56 Noveske Afghan barreled/TR24 equipped, semi precision 10lb rifle. So now I'm in a dilemma. I want to build a lightweight AR, but at the same time, I also need something I can use to participate in 3 gun, be my go to gun for SHTF, as well as something I can take classes with. So basically it needs to be light, accurate, durable and reliable. No problem you say? Well I also want to do it without blowing my savings. I would like to do this under $1500 without optics if possible. I may be able to stretch it out a bit, but I want to limit myself for now. The most important aspect is the weight, as my faux noveske is reliable, accurate, and durable, but is simply too heavy to run around with.

If there is a prebuilt option, that would be ideal as my gunsmithing skills are somewhat elementary. I hear good things about JP rifles/uppers for 3 gunning, but I can't find anything about their weights, and I'm a tad skeptical about their ability to get roughed up in training classes. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:08:30 PM EDT
[#1]
BCM 16" Lightweight topped with a 1-4x scope of your choice in a LaRue mount for 3-gun.  Remove the scope and install an Aimpoint Micro when you leave the range for HD duty.  TRX Extreme handguard for lightweight, accuracy, and versatility.

For a lower, I'd use a MOE or CTR stock.  

Easy.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top