Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/8/2010 9:28:57 AM EDT
Looking at putting a bipod on my AR.  I've been looking at Harris.  Are they GTG or are there brands out there that offer a better bang for my buck?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:37:33 AM EDT
[#1]
the Harris BRM-S is the most popular around here.. i would also say it is, in fact, the best ang for your buck.

There are people who really dig the bobro stuff..etc.. but you'd be looking to spending quite a bit more money.

if you asked 10 people.. 8 would suggest a Harris bipod with a ADM or Larue mount.

You absolutely cant go wrong with it.

then.. go spend another 10 bucks and get the diy podlock. You will appreciate the savings!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:50:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I have two Harris bipods with the Larue QD mounts and love them both ... I have really been wanting to try the Bobro though.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Harris with a LaRue QD mount.... simple, effective.. what more could you need?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:12:35 AM EDT
[#4]
They are good.......I got one that I use on different weapons but there are also low priced near exact copies that are half the price that work just the same if you are dollar challenged like many these days
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:31:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Have one on all my upper's . Never given me any problem's.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:08:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Accu-Shot Atlas Bipod is arguably the best bipod there is.  Bang for your buck better than Harris? ..depends how much you use a bipod but I feel it is.  LaRue makes a mount for these as well (LT-171)
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Buy the Harris.  End of story.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:02:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Harris bipods set the standard for many years, and even Carlos Hathcock recommended them.  I've been happy with mine, and have used it effectively  for shots (on a bolt action rifle) out to 1000 yards.  With that said, however, the Atlas bipod does seem to be setting the new standard.  I've never tried one, but they seem to bring high accolades from many shooters.  They are expensive, however.  I don't think you would be disappointed with either one.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:16:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I recently bought a UTG clone of a harris bipod that mounted directly to a rail that is available for around $20-$25. I've been very pleased with it for the price.

Recently I've been considering buying a nice high end bipod and keeping it on a Larue or ADM mount and just switching it between rifles. (it makes it easier to store them if the bipod isnt attached anyways)
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:20:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Harris with a LaRue QD mount.... simple, effective.. what more could you need?

this
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#11]
4 Harris bipods, zero problems.  I like them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:35:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Don’t have a Harris but I have heard very good things about them.  I have a Grip pod which is both a vertical foregrip  and an integrated bipod.

http://www.grippod.com/

I originally brought it for 3-gun but have been using it for the 600 yard shoots and they seem to work well.  It (the real one not the cheap Chinese clones) are robust and strong and apparently been adopted by the US Army.  Not saying that this is as good as a Harris, but at least to me seem more versatile and works well.  Would be interested to hear from someone who has used both since I am also looking at a Harris.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:42:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Harris has a very good reputation and great bang for the buck. I do not have any harris, so I can't say more than that. I do, however, have a bobro and it is very well made and rock solid, allbeit very expensive.  ....I know, not much help.  Sorry.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top