Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/8/2010 5:16:55 AM EDT
Friend of mine is looking for a M4 style AR NIB with a budget of $850......NY legal.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:19:07 AM EDT
I am not an expert or anything, but I just bought a Del-ton 16" with Magpul "MOE" Dark Earth foregrip, pistol grip and 6 postion stock for $834 shipped. I did some research on Del-ton and could find no negative reports on this gun. It seems to be very underated. In fact, some said it is on par with bushmaster. But like I said, I am not an expert. Just someone looking for a functional rifle that did not break the bank. Unfortunately, I have not shot it yet, due to shoulder surgery, but I am chomping at the bit to go to the range. Visually and funtionally, the gun seems to be very sound and of good quality.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:37:53 AM EDT
I'll second Del-ton... definatly under rated and a great gun for the buck. Here in KY most gun stores have Del-ton guns with the Magpul goodies for under $750.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:06:30 PM EDT
I don't know what New York legal would be, but give Spike's a look.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:11:46 PM EDT
http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=113&products_id=387

Great deal there, or look at BCM........can't go wrong with either one.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:29:46 PM EDT
I would go with Spikes or BCM with that large of a budget.

My Delton parts kit works great, but its not nearly as close to milspec as Spikes or BCM.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:35:26 PM EDT
Spikes would definitely be of higher quality than Delton, I am just not sure if they are NY legal. Be sure to take a look.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:40:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:

My Delton parts kit works great, but its not nearly as close to milspec as Spikes or BCM.

I concur.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:09:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2010 2:13:26 PM EDT by mstirton]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:21:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Blasko:
Friend of mine is looking for a M4 style AR NIB with a budget of $850......NY legal.

Any suggestions?

Since NY legal is a necessity, please tell us what are the NY requirements and you'll get better advice.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:11:35 PM EDT
The Spikes NY-legal will run you $880 shipped after coupon "Arfcom"

For those of you who don't know NY legal means: no bayo lug, pinned stock, pinned muzzle device, max 10rd mag.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:45:07 AM EDT
I'm in NY and I had this issue when I moved here for .mil orders...Del-ton will build you a compliant upper for under 500$
I built this little carbine from a post ban upper and a RRA lower

lower 265$
upper 295$

I put a BCM BCG inside it and slapped a carry handle I had on it
barrel is not chrome..if your buddy cares about CL..it was'nt a big deal for me on this build.

it does what I want it to and it is very handy
plus there is no doubt the gun gun is compliant.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:54:02 AM EDT
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:

Top Top