Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/8/2010 2:09:06 AM EDT
What brand do you guys use to mark your stuff to make sure it doesn't move?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:52:18 AM EDT
[#1]
don't know what brand they are, but the gray ones from the Wal-Mart crafts department have worked well for me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:23:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I still have a decent supply of "Testors" model paint pens from way back when I did the model plane/car thing. I do not know if you can still get them or not. They don't carry models around here anywhere anymore. Best bet would be a hobby shop of some sort. Touch up pens like the ones they carry at Auto parts places should work too.

ETA: The touch up pen idea is a bad idea.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:58:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

don't know what brand they are, but the gray ones from the Wal-Mart crafts department have worked well for me.

same here.   The ones I got are made by Elmer's.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:09:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

They're called witness marks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:31:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Don't remember the brand that Uncle Sam has in the inventory.  Only thing that I mark are my windage and elevation knobs on my CH.  That way I know where my zero is when I make changes.

CD

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:49:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I still have a decent supply of "Testors" model paint pens from way back when I did the model plane/car thing. I do not know if you can still get them or not. They don't carry models around here anywhere anymore. Best bet would be a hobby shop of some sort. Touch up pens like the ones they carry at Auto parts places should work too.

I wouldn't recommend these. I just bought one to touch up a bunch of tiny rock chips on my truck and the paint can really flow after you do one dot. It seems to gather up on the ball point and form a decent drop just waiting to drip <––- I hope that makes sense.

I used to build model rockets and also used Testors products, I think those pens would work much better as the point is finer and flow is a little more controllable.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:59:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:26:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't recommend these. I just bought one to touch up a bunch of tiny rock chips on my truck and the paint can really flow after you do one dot. It seems to gather up on the ball point and form a decent drop just waiting to drip <––- I hope that makes sense.

I used to build model rockets and also used Testors products, I think those pens would work much better as the point is finer and flow is a little more controllable.
Yea that makes sense. I thought they were more like the Testors.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:16:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't remember the brand that Uncle Sam has in the inventory.  Only thing that I mark are my windage and elevation knobs on my CH.  That way I know where my zero is when I make changes.

CD

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top