Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/8/2010 2:09:06 AM EDT
What brand do you guys use to mark your stuff to make sure it doesn't move?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:52:18 AM EDT
don't know what brand they are, but the gray ones from the Wal-Mart crafts department have worked well for me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:23:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2010 8:29:22 AM EDT by honorabledog]
I still have a decent supply of "Testors" model paint pens from way back when I did the model plane/car thing. I do not know if you can still get them or not. They don't carry models around here anywhere anymore. Best bet would be a hobby shop of some sort. Touch up pens like the ones they carry at Auto parts places should work too.

ETA: The touch up pen idea is a bad idea.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:58:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By justin_schuyler:
don't know what brand they are, but the gray ones from the Wal-Mart crafts department have worked well for me.

same here. The ones I got are made by Elmer's.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:09:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By lowonair:

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

They're called witness marks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:31:21 AM EDT

Don't remember the brand that Uncle Sam has in the inventory. Only thing that I mark are my windage and elevation knobs on my CH. That way I know where my zero is when I make changes.

CD

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:49:43 AM EDT
Originally Posted By honorabledog:
I still have a decent supply of "Testors" model paint pens from way back when I did the model plane/car thing. I do not know if you can still get them or not. They don't carry models around here anywhere anymore. Best bet would be a hobby shop of some sort. Touch up pens like the ones they carry at Auto parts places should work too.

I wouldn't recommend these. I just bought one to touch up a bunch of tiny rock chips on my truck and the paint can really flow after you do one dot. It seems to gather up on the ball point and form a decent drop just waiting to drip <––- I hope that makes sense.

I used to build model rockets and also used Testors products, I think those pens would work much better as the point is finer and flow is a little more controllable.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:59:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:26:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jerz_subbie:
Originally Posted By honorabledog:

I wouldn't recommend these. I just bought one to touch up a bunch of tiny rock chips on my truck and the paint can really flow after you do one dot. It seems to gather up on the ball point and form a decent drop just waiting to drip <––- I hope that makes sense.

I used to build model rockets and also used Testors products, I think those pens would work much better as the point is finer and flow is a little more controllable.
Yea that makes sense. I thought they were more like the Testors.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:16:31 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Don't remember the brand that Uncle Sam has in the inventory. Only thing that I mark are my windage and elevation knobs on my CH. That way I know where my zero is when I make changes.

CD

Top Top