BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 85
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Thank you, it's been long awaited by me. Unfortunately the gas block is canted and causing issues so I gotta send it back to PSA which I don't like but atleast it'll be fixed and then Imma test it for real with the Florida 80% humidity and steel cased ammo to see how that stainless holds up. I'M absolutely in love with this picture of it with a filter that I did a few nights back and forgot about

Link Posted: 5/19/2018 12:25:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Faxon Dissipator barrels are back in stock at Aim Surplus (Site Sponsor).

https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XFX15A58M16NDQCOMP

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 4:20:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Have one of the barrels from AIM on the way, should be here Monday cant wait to get the rest and get it all together.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 4:41:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CEK:
Have one of the barrels from AIM on the way, should be here Monday cant wait to get the rest and get it all together.
View Quote
Your gonna love it, all of us that bought them the first go around have nothing bad to say
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Great to hear. I kept putting off getting one last time and they sold out. Did cause me to go to and buy 3 of the psa Dissy uppers they just had on clearance.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By tallahassee_builder:
Thank you, it's been long awaited by me. Unfortunately the gas block is canted and causing issues so I gotta send it back to PSA which I don't like but atleast it'll be fixed and then Imma test it for real with the Florida 80% humidity and steel cased ammo to see how that stainless holds up. I'M absolutely in love with this picture of it with a filter that I did a few nights back and forgot about

https://i.imgur.com/45YrKw6.jpg
View Quote
We must have been thinking on the same frequency the day we built our dissipators, take away the vertical forward grip and paint the flash hider green and we have the same rifle, looks good brother!
Even more astonishing, your in Tally? I live 45 mins from you
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 9/13/2018 3:11:34 PM EDT
[#8]
anyone running rifle length gas systems?

That's my ideal.

Had it once.

The girl that got away.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By chapperjoe:

That's my ideal.

Had it once.

The girl that got away.
View Quote
I had one from del-ton. I think they still make them. It was heavy profile so I had it reprofiled to medium contour. It’s was awesome. Would only function 100% with hot ammo, but shot so softly. I opened the gas port so it would shoot anything and then ended up selling it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 1:38:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 2:29:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmedFerret] [#11]
Originally Posted By chapperjoe:

That's my ideal.

Had it once.

The girl that got away.
View Quote
Wifey has one.  One of the older bushy HBAR versions, sent it off to ADCO a while back for a reprofile to gov contour.  She was dumbfounded how much lighter and handier it became.

I've tried everything from straight 855 and 262 to handloads for an ultralight with no weights in the buffer and an AP Custom lightweight carrier.  Whole rifle the load is intended for is under 5 pounds (*JUST*).

Damn thing refuses to malfunction.

There's a photo in this thread somewhere.  I need to get some updated photos of a bunch of the toys, should have time this Sunday.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

Wifey has one.  One of the older bushy HBAR versions, sent it off to ADCO a while back for a reprofile to gov contour.  She was dumbfounded how much lighter and handier it became.
View Quote
Having my heavy profiled del ton barrel reprofiled to med shaved right at 16 oz off. That’s a huge difference out where it matters. I was very happy with the weight loss!
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 7:44:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TexasSurfNTurf] [#13]
View Quote
I bit on this deal today.....placeholder until it comes in and I can finally scratch the dissipator itch I have had for years.

EDIT-brownells A1 upper w/forward assist and no shell deflector.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 4:04:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hojo15] [#14]
I got one of the PSA Dissipators last week, put it on a Ruger lower with a Cavalry mfg C1 A1 style stock kit.

Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:33:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zephri] [#15]
Another PSA dissy upper on an anderson lower with a UTG compact a2 stock.

Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:45:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leonitus] [#16]
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 11:19:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Leonitus:
https://i.imgur.com/JsPD3B2.jpg
View Quote
Dissy and M5 were destined to be.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Heres one of my dissy's. My race gun is a 16" rifle gassed gun, but its not a FSP gun. I've also got a mostly finished light weight mostly BCM rifle gassed dissy. I'll post pics of that when its all finished. I plan on rebuilding my beater trainer into a dissy as well. What can I say... I love dissys...

Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:07:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GHOS7] [#19]
New Dissy owner here. Loving this thread!
I have parts en-route for a M16A4 inspired dissy build including a PSA dissy upper.

Aero A4 stripped lower

NIB KAC M5 with the panel set

Other parts I have that I will add, or planning to acquire:

- Stag LPK
- Toolcraft nitride BCG
- BCM PNT
- SOPMOD or B5 Bravo
- KAC VG
- SF millennium? - see below
- SF M93 swing mount
- SF ST07 switch
- Either KAC micro rear or matech

I have a 3 cell 961 w/cree LED conv, but looking for a lighter option. Does anyone know the specific designation for the complete two cell millennial/961 variants?
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Will a 13 in noveske nsr rail or geissele 13 rail fit on the psa dissapator?
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 10:36:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By wanderblind:
View Quote
No. 12” rail is what you seek.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 10:49:17 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
Only if you cut a little bit out of the top for the FSB to fit in. If you're going to do that, you might as well get a 15" rail.

Max rail for a rifle length FSB is 12.7" or so.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 11:32:27 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
If you like the Noveske NSR but want to use it on a Dissipator, consider this in the 12.6" size instead:
https://www.skdtac.com/SKD-AR15-FFH-Free-Float-Handguard-M-Lok-p/skd.821.htm
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 12:48:15 AM EDT
[#24]
The skd looks like a good option.

I'm not going to cut the sight, would pretty much defeat the dissy look.

I guess I'm a little shocked that noveske or geissele don't make a standard rifle length handguard.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 12:56:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Can anyone report on the accuracy of the PSA 4150 CMV Dissipator barrels?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 9:36:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pezboytate] [#26]
The skd looks like a good option.

I'm not going to cut the sight, would pretty much defeat the dissy look.

I guess I'm a little shocked that noveske or geissele don't make a standard rifle length handguard.
View Quote
You don't cut the FSB, you clearance the rail.

Like this:

Attachment Attached File

ETA: Not many make rifle length rails. I don't understand the lengths they make sometimes.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 10:05:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmedFerret] [#27]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

You don't cut the FSB, you clearance the rail.

Like this:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/138579/16-336045.JPG

ETA: Not many make rifle length rails. I don't understand the lengths they make sometimes.
View Quote
If that's a one-piece rail, how does it get on over the FSB?  You'd have to cut the top further back to have room to move it forward far enough to get a barrel nut wrench on.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

If that's a one-piece rail, how does it get on over the FSB?  You'd have to cut the top further back to have room to move it forward far enough to get a barrel nut wrench on.
View Quote
You put the FSB and rail on at the same time (barrel nut, gas block, and gas tube are in place). Then you can access the FSB pins through the bottom holes in the rail.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By LoadedDrum:

If you like the Noveske NSR but want to use it on a Dissipator, consider this in the 12.6" size instead:
https://www.skdtac.com/SKD-AR15-FFH-Free-Float-Handguard-M-Lok-p/skd.821.htm
View Quote
Midwest Industries makes their G3 Mlok and combat handguards in the right length for a rifle length gas system as well as some light weight options now. Granted, all of them are pretty light. I have a G3 Mlok on my dissy that I posted a pic of and on my rifle gassed BCM dissy. They're light and far easier to install due to the fact that there is no timing of the barrel nut. Theyre also reasonably strong.  The price is also similar.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 10:40:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Optiskate76:

Midwest Industries makes their G3 Mlok and combat handguards in the right length for a rifle length gas system as well as some light weight options now. Granted, all of them are pretty light. I have a G3 Mlok on my dissy that I posted a pic of and on my rifle gassed BCM dissy. They're light and far easier to install due to the fact that there is no timing of the barrel nut. Theyre also reasonably strong.  The price is also similar.
View Quote
Their new Combat rails fix most of what I didn't like about their previous rails and are still lightweight.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 10:54:04 PM EDT
[#31]
I really don't want to clearance the rail or cut the sight.

I also saw that aero makes a 12 inch rail. I'm just really partial to the aesthetics of the noveske and the geissele. I'm going to call both companies tomorrow and voice my opinion.  I know it wont make any difference,  but I'll feel a little better. I'm very fond of both companies products and I feel like they just don't care about me
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:25:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Received my PSA upper, TA31, and KAC M5:

Second photo is just a mock-up with a lower from another rifle. This build still has a ways to go.

I need to pick up the Aero M16A4 lower from my FFL and order a few other things;

- PRI folding FSB
- Matech rear sight
- SOPMOD stock
- Kill flash for the TA31
- Thinking about doing a LaRue LT681
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Optiskate76:
Heres one of my dissy's. My race gun is a 16" rifle gassed gun, but its not a FSP gun. I've also got a mostly finished light weight mostly BCM rifle gassed dissy. I'll post pics of that when its all finished. I plan on rebuilding my beater trainer into a dissy as well. What can I say... I love dissys...

http://i65.tinypic.com/2yvjl9t.jpg
View Quote
Did you leave the gas port rifle sized or open it up?
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 11:00:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Is there any current source for Dissy barrels? I know PSA and Faxon are OOS.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 3:49:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Spinta  precision has a barrel with no receiver extension and no gas port. It has a rifle length shoulder though. It’s only $89 but you’d have to get it drilled and get a receiver extension. It’s a one in eight rifle twist. I think it’s the only barrel in 5.56 that’s not sold out.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#36]
For you 605 clone guys.  Brownell's is coming out with a retro.

TheFirearmBlog article on the 605 clone.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 11:32:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ScottS] [#37]
Here's my Distonator.  Or, Piston-ator.  Damn.  I swear I had something for this...

12" barrel, Adams Arms Micro Gas Block at carbine length.  Clamp on FSB.  Runs like a sewing machine.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 11:36:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Any opinions on the Bushmaster MOE Dissipator? I know Bushmaster isn't what they used to be, but the price seems good.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 11:51:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By mdavis:
Any opinions on the Bushmaster MOE Dissipator? I know Bushmaster isn't what they used to be, but the price seems good.
View Quote
Are they actually in stock? I spent nearly 2 years trying to get a barrel out of them and they kept blowing me off saying "building a Dissy isn't like a regular barrel".
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 10:55:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Are they actually in stock? I spent nearly 2 years trying to get a barrel out of them and they kept blowing me off saying "building a Dissy isn't like a regular barrel".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I see them all over Gunbroker priced between $800 and $1,000.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 11:04:25 AM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Ah. Back when I was doing this, there were only a few names in the Dissy game and I didn't shop GB.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 3:45:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chapperjoe] [#42]
Wow.

That Brownells gun actually has the ideal setup, rifle length gas with enlarged port.  Rifle buffer, a1 stock.

1:12 too damn that's accurate historically.  55 gr only ammo but still, too cool.

I had a gooseneck optic on a similar build, if I were buying one I'd use a carry handle 3x optic probably.  And a miculek.

Very very cool of them, really love that whole retro line they have.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:23:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By ScottS:
Here's my Distonator.  Or, Piston-ator.  Damn.  I swear I had something for this...

http://i65.tinypic.com/2d2gbd.jpg

12" barrel, Adams Arms Micro Gas Block at carbine length.  Clamp on FSB.  Runs like a sewing machine.
View Quote
BCM has something similar that the call a Kino with a carbine LPGB, and a FSB at the midlength position.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:55:38 AM EDT
[#44]

BCM has something similar that the call a Kino with a carbine LPGB, and a FSB at the midlength position.
View Quote
I have a Kino SBR, and now I have one in DI and one piston.  Balances nicely, and suppresses well.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ScottS:

http://i65.tinypic.com/2d2gbd.jpg

Kino is fucking tits. It's like a mini-Dissy.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:58:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beitodesstrafe] [#46]
Originally Posted By 2apatriot:
Is there any current source for Dissy barrels? I know PSA and Faxon are OOS.
View Quote
@2apatriot

https://shop.windhamweaponry.com/products/ba16m4d

I got my barrel from them for the dissy I built last year.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 6:07:21 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
My Kino sbr is my go to rifle. BCM shouldn't have stopped there, I would buy a 14.5" dissy in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 12:21:45 PM EDT
[#49]
@SecretSquirell this rifle on the left, what rail is this? I like this gun
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 1:23:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Cameronswmp9:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cameronswmp9:
It's either Spike's BAR or SAR. I'm not 100%. It's a custom rifle that Tom at Spike's did for me after having some parts fitment issues.
Page / 85
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top