Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:49:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The only problem I have had with mine is I had to replace the extractor spring after 1000 rounds or so.  Other than that it eats any type of ammo I feed it.

Me too.  Since upgrading the spring and adding an o ring, it has run 100%.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I own several BM lowers and they are pefect.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:01:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ah, geez.

Nothing wrong with Bushmaster, but there are better choices for around the same price.

first post nails it. i've had one but didn't really like it. there are better choices for the same price or less.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:35:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a used Bushmaster last year. It was in great shape and the price was right. I'm satisfied with it. No complaints. It shoots as good as my S&W and BCM build.  It's just as reliable as the others and all three rifles run almost entirely on Brown Bear, Tula, Silver Bear and Wolf.
It's shoots better than I do, runs perfectly and doesn't have to be spotless to function. I can't ask for more than that.
I will talk about one odd thing I noticed about the Bushmaster.  When I bought it the rifle had a detachable carrying handle (A2 sight). I really had to crank the windage to the left to get it zeroed. No biggie. I understand that the carrying handle will not center exactly on the upper and may have a slight cant. I replaced the original sight with a Magpul MBUS and also had to crank it waaaay over to the left.  I got it zeroed and then mounted a scope over the MBUS.  My other two rifles only needed a couple of clicks for windage when using the Magpul MBUS (they also got scopes over the backup sights).  I just thought this was a bit odd that the Bushmaster needed a load of left windage ajustment on two different sights.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:44:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Bushmaster makes good rifles. I owned a couple and they had 0 issues ever. Many years ago Bushy was the BCM of Arfcom. Now as said you can buy better rifles cheaper which is the reason everybody loved Bushmaster back in the day. In todays market everyone wants mil-spec everything so companies that make commercial stuff like Bushy and RRA that once were super popular have now fallen out of favor since we have companies that are building great mil-spec stuff at reasonable prices. ie. BCM, Spikes, Daniel Defence, etc.

So what will the interweb tell us to think next month?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:06:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine is 100% since 1993! Not one single issue, it eats it all, no parts failures, no ftes, no ftfs. I shoot the crap out of it, clean it twice a year and never think about it failing. It is an accurate dependable little gun. It is an excellent weapon.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#7]
it is good enough. I've been happy with mine and i know my dad has been happy with his. There are better ones, but Bushmaster is good enough for a basic AR.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:31:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had an XM-15 carbine for 6 years, with no complaints.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:04:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Great rifle & cool snake logo!

umm.....  The Bushmaster logo is lame as hell (like most modern American gun company logos)
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Never had any problems with my Bushmaster.

One of my favorite rifles.

I like their logo too.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:16:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great rifle & cool snake logo!

umm.....  The Bushmaster logo is lame as hell (like most modern American gun company logos)

Not that it's a huge deal, but I think it is one of the better AR rollmarks.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#12]
mid tier, top tier who gives a shirt, you'll never wear one out. I'm not an AR aficionado, or gear nut, just a guy who likes to shoot a lot. Have a Colt that I use to use in DCM matches and a Bushy. To me they are both the same....just 2 ARs that can shoot better than I can and will last longer than I can afford ammo
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top