Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/6/2010 2:21:57 PM EDT
Too dry and ruin the wood too wet and you get rust. So does anyone know the perfect humidity level for a gun safe? I have mine at 47%. Thanks Stilleto P.S. I didnt want to post this in "General" for obvious reasons.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:30:47 PM EDT
while I'm sure that someone in this section will be able to answer your question, there's a safe forum that you can find here.

I was told that the golden rod works pretty well but seeing as you already have a device, I'll let someone else give you a numerical value.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:54:49 PM EDT
i am trying to keep mine right around 50%. I have 3 of those remington dessicant things that turn pink when their full of water, you plug them in and they bake out the water and turn blue. I check it at least once a week and just keep "re-charging them." In the winter when it's drier, i don't have to check as often.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:24:08 PM EDT
From my understanding, 40-45% is optimal, but I'm sure someone will come along with contradictory information. All I pass along is hearsay.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:35:09 PM EDT
Mine's at 37% but I have only evil plastic guns.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:45:47 PM EDT
I have the dehumidifier beads, and its says it will keep the safe at 40% depending on how often you open the safe.
Top Top