Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/5/2010 5:18:29 PM EDT
Any experiences with the Les Baer Thunder Ranch Rifle? I am particularly interested in potential problems, reliability, service, etc.

I am looking for a premium off-the-shelf rifle for HD and informal range use with relatively painless setup and an absolute minimum chance of after-purchase "hassles", with quick responsive service if they are encountered. I have very limited time, patience, or experience to deal with them. I am not concerned with the 223 chamber, given the commercial ammunition I would be using. I am also not concerned with reliability under demanding field conditions, mud for example. I am willing to accept the premium price of the Thunder Ranch rifle. Fit, finish, and smoothness of operation and trigger are very important to me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:43:21 PM EDT
You can almost guarantte that anything Les puts his name on is gonna run and run well.
I have known him for a long time and he does not produce any substandard firearms.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:16:38 PM EDT
I bet it shoots great
better for the money
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:20:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By FMJ:
I bet it shoots great
better for the money

+1 I would save my money and put it towards a Spike's or BCM.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:26:28 PM EDT
I have a Les Baer Super Match and am very impressed. It is one of the AR's in my collection and I don't have any complaints. It is very well made and funtions reliably with exceptional accuracy.

I would purchase another without hesitation.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:18:33 PM EDT
I am sure its a nice rifle but if I wanted a top notch AR I would go with a knights or noveske over a les baer, or a colt 6920 for that matter.
Top Top