Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/4/2010 5:11:03 AM EDT
Hello to everyone. Its been about two years since I last had a post on here...and no I wasn't in prison lol. I went thru a divorce and pretty much got rid of everything...even the computer and internet. But NONE of my firearms Anyway, I ended up buying  a S&W M&P 15A when they were offering $100 rebate. I have probably only put 200 rounds thru it (federal 50 gr HP, Federal 55gr FMJ, UMC 55gr FMJ) and didn't have a malfunction of any sort. I know that is nothing to most of you on here. I must say that I was very surprised how accurate it is...with the ammo mentioned. I can shoot tighter groups at 50yds with it with open sights than me or my buddy could with our scoped N.E.F single shot 223s (which I sold mine because the trigger assembly literally fell out of it...thats another story). As of now my S&W plays the role of home defense and target practice. Im sure this has been beat to death but will ask anyway...what is a good but reasonably priced mount, red dot, and handguards I can install? I know you get what you pay for and believe me I would buy the best if I could but can't at this point in time. Any info and/or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:36:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:37:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Check the EE , Eotechs can be had for under $300 and I would recommend the Troy drop in rails for about $120. Kac also makes a decent rail but I prefer the Troy to all of them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a Primary Arms M4 clone, $100 shipped, pretty good construction, feels solid, takes one AA battery, and comes with a mount.  My AR10 doesn't come in until next thursday, so no range report, but you can find plenty of reviews and a youtube vid of some guys throwing the sight around on the ground and it still held zero.  #1 brightness setting is so dim it might be able to work with night vision, too.

I realize this is my first post (been reading A LOT), no i'm not a bot advertising for PA, just a regular guy that was looking for a quality, budget sight because he just spent $1200 on the rifle.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:03:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome back to the black rifle disease club and congrats to your new AR.

If I was in the same situation as you I would do my upgrades in about three steps.

Step 1 would be a good light like the Surefire G2 LED, with a Vltor G series Scout mount on a MI rail light mount on the FSB, also a good value sling like the Blue Force Gear Victory series two point slings.

Next step would be a reliable red dot sight with also a good value like the Aimpoint CompC3 with Aimpoint QRP mount.

Last would be a drop-in rail either the Troy which is the same one S&W includes with their M&P15X model, Daniel Defense EZ CAR 7.0 or the KAC M4 RAS, look around the Equipment Exchange here to find sometimes low prices on these components.

I've got both the KAC and Daniel Defense rails on my two carbines and they both fit snug without any movement, the Troy from other members here have good feedback also and are slightly lighter in weight.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top