Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2010 2:17:05 PM EDT
Upgrading my Rock River...torn between the two. Which would you choose?

Also, since the LaRue M-16 is a bit heavier, would I have to change anything else to avoid cycling issues...H-buffer maybe?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:23:05 PM EDT
[#1]
BCM - high pressure tested and magnetic particle inspected. also comes with the BCM extractor spring, black insert, and O ring.

ETA - you sure the Larue is heavier? Why would one auto carrier be heavier than another?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:43:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Just heavier in comparison to the AR-15 carrier in my RRA right now...I'm no expert but I thought the M-16 carrier was a tad heavier.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:44:20 PM EDT
[#3]
The BCM is an auto carrier as well. Why don't you give us more details on your rifle?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:52:52 PM EDT
[#4]
DETAILS: RRA 16" mid-length to LINK pictures and such

If I could afford to just buy a new rifle I would, but I have to settle for upgrading at the moment
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:03:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't see anything lacking on that rifle. If I were you I'd keep shooting the Rock River BCG and get the BCM as a spare.

ETA - you could look into adding a BCM extractor upgrade kit if you want to improve your current BCG

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#6]
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:07:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Denny's GTS  Thunerbolt should be in there too. I'm using one in my 16" mid Denny/GTS Operator .
Love it.. I've had the BCM bolt carrier group,,LMT Enhanced,,,no La Rue though.
Can't go wrong with either a GTS or BCM
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Exactly my thought! Both are very good choices but does BCM offer an unmarked one? I do not care for the HUGE labeling on the BCG! Just my .02. M4QUADRAIL
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I would go bcm due to the problems i have had with my larue m-16 bcg.  I gives me a ftf every time i try to shoot it in full auto.  just my .02, but i do hate that BCM logo on them, i would truly buy one from noveske.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I just ordered a BCM for my RRA M4.  I also ordered the extractor spring upgrade for the RRA Bolt because I will have it as a back up, 'H' Buffer, VLTOR Mil Spec tube kit, and BCM Gunfighter charging handle.  I'm going to get the RRA dialed in as right as possible and also properly stake the castle nut.  I learned a lot from the guys at M4carbine.net.  They basically shamed me into all this!!!

In fact, I am re-doing my Bushmaster as well.  I put on a Colt M4 upper, extractor spring upgrade, 'H' buffer, and Mil Spec tube as well.

I just dumped about a chest of gold dubloons into 3 black rifles.  My Colt 6940 is my work gun and it is off the hook crazy insane bitchin!
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:34:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just ordered a BCM for my RRA M4.  I also ordered the extractor spring upgrade for the RRA Bolt because I will have it as a back up, 'H' Buffer, VLTOR Mil Spec tube kit, and BCM Gunfighter charging handle.  I'm going to get the RRA dialed in as right as possible and also properly stake the castle nut.  I learned a lot from the guys at M4carbine.net.  They basically shamed me into all this!!!

In fact, I am re-doing my Bushmaster as well.  I put on a Colt M4 upper, extractor spring upgrade, 'H' buffer, and Mil Spec tube as well.

I just dumped about a chest of gold dubloons into 3 black rifles.  My Colt 6940 is my work gun and it is off the hook crazy insane bitchin!

Check your M4 email...I think I sent you one this morning.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:28:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't see a problem with what you have now, why not shoot the RRA and get a BCM as a back up. Where are you getting the larue bolt? Last I had checked, they didn't sell them any longer.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:55:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly my thought! Both are very good choices but does BCM offer an unmarked one? I do not care for the HUGE labeling on the BCG! Just my .02. M4QUADRAIL

I purchased a BCM bolt carrier and it had no logo.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:40:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't see thge logo when you are shooting.  The logo doesn't look the same in person as it does in pictures either.  Why this is still an issue, I have no idea...
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#16]
There is no way I would swap out the RRA carrier unless the bolt breaks.  If the bolt broke I would buy a new one.  I'm a real low speed high drag type of operator though.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:09:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I purchased a BCM bolt carrier and it had no logo.

If you purchase the bolt and carrier seperately they have no logo.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:12:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I would go bcm due to the problems i have had with my larue m-16 bcg.  I gives me a ftf every time i try to shoot it in full auto.  just my .02, but i do hate that BCM logo on them, i would truly buy one from noveske.

Noveske BCG's are made by CMT, I like it simply because it was matched to my Noveske upper!

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea I'd keep it as is. Anyway to get an unmarked bcm you would need to buy it in parts. IE order the bolt and carrier separate. The BCM letters on the carrier start to wear off pretty quick so I wouldn't worry about it. Anyway both bcg's should be good but the bravo one is hp and mp tested where I believe the larue one is not.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 9:17:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea I'd keep it as is. Anyway to get an unmarked bcm you would need to buy it in parts. IE order the bolt and carrier separate. The BCM letters on the carrier start to wear off pretty quick so I wouldn't worry about it. Anyway both bcg's should be good but the bravo one is hp and mp tested where I believe the larue one is not.

Wear off? Ummm, they are laser engraved. Mine has around 2k rounds through it and the "BCM" looks like it was etched yesterday. I don't think there will be any wearing off.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:03:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Go with the BCM as a spare.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:03:15 AM EDT
[#22]

No shit. Glad he got over himself and started selling them again. I'm going to have to pick up another.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:03:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wear off? Ummm, they are laser engraved. Mine has around 2k rounds through it and the "BCM" looks like it was etched yesterday. I don't think there will be any wearing off.

Last one I got from BCM had them M worn off in 200 rounds.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:42:25 AM EDT
[#24]
My LaRue BCG FA has over 7,500 rounds and is still going strong...........
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My LaRue BCG FA has over 7,500 rounds and is still going strong...........

Does your LaRue BCG have the LaRue logo on it anywhere?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#26]
I didn't answer your poll because I would go for either one, they're both good to go from previous threads about them.

Myself, I ended up with the BCM auto BCG without the logo back then when they didn't have the logo yet, at that time I was also looking at the LaRue BCG but it was not available.

One of the LaRue staff answered my question about who made their BCG and they told me that it was the same FN supplier.

If you ever end up with a LaRue and you have a carbine gas system AR, I would recommend getting the BCM extractor upgrade kit.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top