Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SoloDallas:
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

That's just
And you
know why, brother?

Because we're classic Americans.

That's why.
I really need to pick up a 92FS. Everyone thinks their used ones still demand damn near new prices though.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Great pic, man.

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I appreciate you guys.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#9]

I really need to pick up a 92FS. Everyone thinks their used ones still demand damn near new prices though.
View Quote
That's why mine (Beretta FS) looks like a piece of junk. She was a 96 and I just bought an old (but good) 9mm barrel and threw it in.
She shoots perfectly - no stoppages no nothing. Looks worn out, but that's actually how I like muh guns.

And she came at USD350 all considered.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 10:26:55 PM EDT
[#10]
That's why mine (Beretta FS) looks like a piece of junk. She was a 96 and I just bought an old (but good) 9mm barrel and threw it in.
She shoots perfectly - no stoppages no nothing. Looks worn out, but that's actually how I like muh guns.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Guess I didn't know you could do that. Have passed up a few 96's because of that.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Did you put a new recoil spring in?  I'm not sure the weight of a .40.  But I think the 9mm is 13#.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 2:31:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ckopp636] [#12]

and because it fits the barrel profile...
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 10:27:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#13]
Originally Posted By JJREA:
Did you put a new recoil spring in?  I'm not sure the weight of a .40.  But I think the 9mm is 13#.
View Quote
Actually did not; I did change the magazine to a 9mm though (even if they say that .40 Beretta magazines would hold them 9mils with no failure to feed, with exceptions).
I shot her, naturally, and she ran great. Should I change the spring?
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:54:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey jeopardy98, is this the Rock River entry stock, or an A1? I'm looking at doing something similar in my set up.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 12:53:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Actually did not; I did change the magazine to a 9mm though (even if they say that .40 Beretta magazines would hold them 9mils with no failure to feed, with exceptions).
I shot her, naturally, and she ran great. Should I change the spring?
View Quote
If it's running.....  I'd say probably not.  I think factory is 13# for 9mm.  I saw someone saying a 14# works too.  Not sure what the spec is on the .40 spring.  Do you have the factory mainspring or a D?

I think most guns there is some room for tweaking.  I mean a lot of guys put an 18.5# in a 1911 when a 16# is spec.  I think I feel less recoil with the 16#.  But the 18.5 might help feeding in dirty environments.  Or if you're shooting +p.....
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 12:54:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By MattyGunz:

Hey jeopardy98, is this the Rock River entry stock, or an A1? I'm looking at doing something similar in my set up.  Thanks in advance.
View Quote
pretty sure that's and entry and not an A1.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 1:54:05 PM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MattyGunz:

Thanks JJ.  It thought so too, but couldn't tell by the pic. All the internet pics of the entry stock looked too small, and kinda goofy. The one in the pic  above I like :)
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 3:19:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#18]
Here's a carbine with an A1 stock on it, for reference.  You can see there is like a change in angles there which that entry doensn't really have.  Plus the difference in lengths.  But you're right, that is a nice looking carbine:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Here's a carbine with an A1 stock on it, for reference.  You can see there is like a change in angles there which that entry doensn't really have.  Plus the difference in lengths.  But you're right, that is a nice looking carbine:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/410604/20180211_173203-449173.JPG
View Quote
Awesome! You have helped me pick a new stock. I appreciate the visual references.  And I like the look of both, but the entry stock will work better for my needs.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Glad I can help.  Show it off when your'e done.  Not too many people use them stocks.  So it's cool to see something different.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 12:21:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Sorry guys. I didn't see the tag. It is the UTG model 4 stock.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 6:53:27 AM EDT
[#22]
No worries! Thanks for the reply. That UTG is exactly what I've been seeking. Thanks guys! Now I have to buy another lower, so I can use both stocks and compare them side by side.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:29:22 AM EDT
[#23]
My pair:

Link Posted: 2/16/2018 7:28:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Smithy:
What vertical grip is that?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Smithy:
Originally Posted By gfly:
https://i.imgur.com/Se0P3C0.jpg
What vertical grip is that?
Damage Industries Enhanced Forward Grip

Pic thread

Link Posted: 2/16/2018 8:54:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By gfly:

Damage Industries Enhanced Forward Grip

Pic thread

https://i.imgur.com/md6x8aT.jpg
View Quote
Great picture.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 7:59:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Up

M4
by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 2:57:17 PM EDT
[#28]
My 6940

Link Posted: 2/19/2018 4:52:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:44:11 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
You know, after all this time I don't think I've ever asked.  What kind of camera and lense are you using?  That's some high quality pic.  If I had to guess I'd say Sony......  But I'm not sure I'm that good to know.

Looks real good.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:19:42 PM EDT
[#31]

You know, after all this time I don't think I've ever asked.  What kind of camera and lense are you using?  That's some high quality pic.  If I had to guess I'd say Sony......  But I'm not sure I'm that good to know.

Looks real good.
View Quote
Now (bruh) listen carefully: I used to be a professional photographer (among other things - nowadays I'm in the music industry with my company making hardware electronic products for such industry). So I use all possible tricks I know to get decent pictures - the first one of them being, always trying to catch good light.

In fact, the above picture has been taken on an every day iPhone (!!!). However, I do develop with Lightroom (Adobe) and that adds quite much to any decent initial shot.

I always develop my pictures (adjust levels, add filters optionally etc.).

Usually though, you saw me taking pictures with my trusty Canon 1DX and a certain variety of lenses. And then, I always process them (develop) with (usually) Lightroom.

You know I appreciate you and we do have a similar taste, no doubt.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:15:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#32]
I knew they were too good to be just normal ole photos.  I have never messed with any programs after the fact.  My Mom gave my my Dad's canon after he passed.  And I use a 60mm macro lense most of the time because it's higher quality glass than the lense it comes with.  I forget what it is.  a 30-70 or something like that.  It's blaaaaaa.  I sometimes use that one but the 60 macro, even though it's meant for closer up, takes better pics.  I would love a 50mm prime but no extra money right now.  Or even a 28mm fixed would be sweet for guns.  Let you get kind of close and fit it all in.  Although there would be some bending of barrels.  Like yours a little bit there.  

Sorry if I asked it before.  I think I did.  LOL.

I'm a musician too. After high school I played in a few bands.  In my own band I played guitar and sang and I played drums in another.  In my older adult life (after marriage) I've mostly played bass in my churches.  Some drums and some guitar.  But mostly bass.  I actually dig the bass.  Cept I'm a hack, I play with a pick.  LOL.   Since guitar was really my first instrument.

Boom, take that (That was about 1991 or 92):

on topic:
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:11:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Armalite M15 PD trade-in with some new additions.  Debating on going with the Pro or with a T2.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 12:41:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By cdholmes:
Armalite M15 PD trade-in with some new additions.  Debating on going with the Pro or with a T2.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/414212/FB88AC4A-5709-43D6-BBE1-4407E589DDB3-459261.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/414212/404B1610-E18E-4653-BD48-0453EB067312-459262.JPG
View Quote
Why is it a little bit of wear makes a gun look so much better?  LOL.  I like it a lot.  It's like my M9, I have 2 of them (1 of them is my Dad's).  Mine has some scuffing and wearing on the edges.  My Dad's is pristine with no marks on it at all.  I can't stand the way his looks.  LOL.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 4:14:23 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
@SecretSquirell   I felt like tempting you.   This is my Dad's that's been barely fired since he bought it about 11 years ago.  

Link Posted: 2/22/2018 4:29:25 PM EDT
[#36]
@SecretSquirell   I felt like tempting you.   This is my Dad's that's been barely fired since he bought it about 11 years ago.  

https://i.imgur.com/Q9XiHDt.jpg
View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/Q9XiHDt.jpg
He should just send that to me so at least someone is using it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 5:29:40 PM EDT
[#37]
hehehehe.   My son shot it last time we went to the range.   I'm trying to decide if I really NEED 2 in the house.  I might sell mine......  But mine has a really soft spot in my heart.  It has gone with me a lot of places all over the country and was one I turned to a few times in times of distress.......  And is nicely broken in.  Shoots nice too.

On top of that there is something that makes a gun with honest wear a bit more......... Nice.  

Link Posted: 3/27/2018 11:10:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#38]
I got some pay it forward  CAR handguards from somone on here.  I know.  They don't LOOK right on an M4gery but I like the way they handle better than double heats......

Link Posted: 3/31/2018 2:39:08 PM EDT
[#39]
A photo I took yesterday of my Bushmaster 14.5" 1/7 M4 with a factory welded & pinned Smith Vortex, Geissele SSA trigger, DD Omega Rail, Aimpoint T2 on an ADM mount and a LMT SOPMOD Stock. My HD carbine.

Link Posted: 3/31/2018 3:28:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Another-Bill:
A photo I took yesterday of my Bushmaster 14.5" 1/7 M4 with a factory welded & pinned Smith Vortex, Geissele SSA trigger, DD Omega Rail, Aimpoint T2 on an ADM mount and a LMT SOPMOD Stock. My HD carbine.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/472/Bushmaster_M4_Web-500288.jpg
View Quote
AWWW that's cute
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#41]
I got some pay it forward  CAR handguards from somone on here.  I know.  They don't LOOK right on an M4gery but I like the way they handle better than double heats......

https://i.imgur.com/pBBbPXX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SwLwiBM.jpg
View Quote
Did you paint your lower?
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 4:19:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#42]
Long time ago.  I have a black one too.  But right now I put a new milspec trigger in it.  And the pins walk after shooting it some.  I guess I now need one of them thingies to keep the pins in place.  Plus the extension plate hangs over the edge on that black lower.  It's an RRA and they weld on them castle nuts with iron man glue.  So I don't even feel like wrestling with it, to get it off.  The painted upper was the same way and it pretty much toasted the tube and threads that were on there.  I'm almost afraid it will break the lower.  Although heat would probably do that trick.

Long story short, my black lower isn't my favorite lower right now.......  So I just keep swapping uppers on this painted one.  The trigger is a 4 pound NM 2 stage too.  Which makes it nice.
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 8:13:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Ok I know thats a DD RIS II rail but which one? The only ones I've seen are the MK18 styles that are shorter and then the longer one with the cut-out for the FSB. But this one looks a ,ittle longer than the MK18 ones
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 10:46:28 PM EDT
[#44]
I believe that is a DD Ris II FSP version that was cut down.
Pretty ballsy considering the price they went for lol.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 12:40:54 AM EDT
[#45]
A work in progress

Link Posted: 4/19/2018 1:09:09 AM EDT
[#46]
And here is my Colt 14.5" 1/7 SOCOM M4A1, pinned & welded, Geissele SSA-E trigger, DD Omega Rail, Aimpoint CompM3 on an ADM mount and a LMT SOPMOD Stock.

Link Posted: 4/19/2018 2:30:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gibsonsg05] [#47]
My duty rifle, Colt M4.
Attachment Attached File

Personal M4, BCM 14.5 pinned
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 5:12:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Thanks for sharing. I've been looking for a picture of an M4 using the Surefire RM45 mount.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 1:22:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Both are very nice!
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 2:33:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 89
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top