User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 89
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 2:25:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Navin_R_Johnson] [#1]
Attachment Attached File

First Ar that I have owned in a few years, Colt 6920.

I'm out of the loop a little bit gear wise, looking for affordable but solid light setup.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Fuggles:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/148841/IMG-0243-127059.JPG

First Ar that I have owned in a few years, Colt 6920.

I'm out of the loop a little bit gear wise, looking for affordable but solid light setup.
View Quote

Surefire M951
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:52:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 10:59:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 11:53:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 1:14:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to arfcom.

But still, that is no M4.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 9:10:10 AM EDT
[#8]

sweet rig, but as mentioned, maybe not ideal for this thread.  

Toss it in this thread heah as it's definitely more oriented toward the recce style side of the house.  I dig it no matter where it "belongs".  
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:16:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Vuong0916:
View Quote
Sorry lad posted it to the wrong thread accidentally, the site is a little confusing at first    
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 2:06:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sparky-kb] [#10]
Future M203 host coming along.  Colt 6920 to be SBR'd and rebarreled with a 14.5 Colt SOCOM barrel.  KAC RAS and old style waffle stock were added as it started life with all the Magpul furniture.  Rigged up a sling the way we commonly did in Afghanistan, didn't use half the parts in the kit.  

Also added a MaTech rear sight (hate the damn markings on it) and old style Aimpoint PRO.  Need to find someone that wants to upgrade their older QRP mount with spacer and trade me for the new style that's on my PRO though.  Got a side sling swivel on the way too.

And yes, I have a 203 leaf sight on there for no reason right now lol.

Link Posted: 2/2/2017 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#12]

I dig the LaRue mount.  I'm not seeing them that much any more.  But they're really light.   Supposedly.  I would like to try one I think.  

Link Posted: 2/14/2017 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
I think you should buy a rail and a proper light mount first
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 8:31:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By GSL:
I think you should buy a rail and a proper light mount first
View Quote

You don't like that?  That gorilla tape is strong.  And it's light.  

I'm trying to keep the weight down and to be honest, I don't know of a good solution for that particular light.  I like that light too, but it's not a 1" body.  I heard some say I should wrap some tape around it. to make it 1".  I guess that could work.  Do you know if there are any mounts or rails that mount onto the double heats?  I really don't feel like I need a quad rail.  But I wouldn't mind if I could figure out a way to mount that light to give me more room to move my left hand forward and thumb on top.  I like that magpul mount how it attaches at the top and then cantilevers to the left and forward.  But I don't think I could attach that mount to the double heats.  Maybe I should just get a magpul handguard.  But any of those options aren't as light as this.   Hehehehehe.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 4:30:29 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Eh, I've got a couple Larue mounts from when they were the new hawtness, but if and when I'm in the market for a new Aimpoint mount I'm gonna invest in a Wilcox or ADM mount.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

You don't like that?  That gorilla tape is strong.  And it's light.  

I'm trying to keep the weight down and to be honest, I don't know of a good solution for that particular light.  I like that light too, but it's not a 1" body.  I heard some say I should wrap some tape around it. to make it 1".  I guess that could work.  Do you know if there are any mounts or rails that mount onto the double heats?  I really don't feel like I need a quad rail.  But I wouldn't mind if I could figure out a way to mount that light to give me more room to move my left hand forward and thumb on top.  I like that magpul mount how it attaches at the top and then cantilevers to the left and forward.  But I don't think I could attach that mount to the double heats.  Maybe I should just get a magpul handguard.  But any of those options aren't as light as this.   Hehehehehe.
View Quote

I think impact weapon components make a mount for carbine handguards.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By mzevenb3596:

I think impact weapon components make a mount for carbine handguards.
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 2:51:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ThatGuy91K:

Eh, I've got a couple Larue mounts from when they were the new hawtness, but if and when I'm in the market for a new Aimpoint mount I'm gonna invest in a Wilcox or ADM mount.
View Quote

Why is that?  I think I heard someone else poo poo the "clamping surface" on the Larue.....  I figure if it's tight, who cares how long it is?  IDK.  I don't think a Wilcox is any longer.  But I might be missing something......
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#20]
A couple of old school SR-15 M4s...

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:19:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:

Cheers
View Quote

Niiiiice.  What mounts are you using there?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:

Cheers

The mounts are Knight's...what else??  Thanks for the compliment.

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:08:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Pretty sure this isn't an M4 but it has certain M4 features

The only factory rifle I own and hasn't been shot.

Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:53:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Pretty sure this isn't an M4 but it has certain M4 features

The only factory rifle I own and hasn't been shot.

http://i.imgur.com/RFt7H0c.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:55:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
View Quote
What, you disapprove? I've only got 12 AR15's, I think I'm allowed not to shoot at least one of them
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:02:29 PM EDT
[#26]
What, you disapprove? I've only got 12 AR15's, I think I'm allowed not to shoot at least one of them
View Quote
No, it was more of your choice of what you call a "clone".
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:53:08 AM EDT
[#27]
No, it was more of your choice of what you call a "clone".
View Quote

You must have missed his disclaimer.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:02:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Essential Arms upper and lower, Geissele SSA-E, Vltor stock, Arms rear BUIS, Larue rail, DD 14.5" AA brake/suppressor mount, Aimpoint M4, Magpul grip, oh and light is gone now.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:09:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GSL] [#29]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

You must have missed his disclaimer.  
View Quote
Reading is for bundles of sticks
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:08:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#30]
So what's worse?  My gorilla taping a light on, or your neutered FSB.....?  

You made me tear down my taped light and put that FSB clamp rail I got on there.  Then taped up my flashlight to make the OD of the light bigger, snagged my surefire grommets, put in 1" scope ring and then mounted it.  And really the only thing I gain is some weight.  LOL.  Well I guess I can slide my left hand up further too, which is a good.   But I think I'm going back to the tape.   I did look at the magpul mount today, but you'd need a rail for it.  I gotta look at what the other guy said about the mount for the double heats.  

Gorilla Tape all the way.  For us dorks.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:40:15 PM EDT
[#31]
So what's worse?  My gorilla taping a light on, or your neutered FSB.....?  

You made me tear down my taped light and put that FSB clamp rail I got on there.  Then taped up my flashlight to make the OD of the light bigger, snagged my surefire grommets, put in 1" scope ring and then mounted it.  And really the only thing I gain is some weight.  LOL.  Well I guess I can slide my left hand up further too, which is a good.   But I think I'm going back to the tape.   I did look at the magpul mount today, but you'd need a rail for it.  I gotta look at what the other guy said about the mount for the double heats.  

Gorilla Tape all the way.  For us dorks.  
View Quote
Just say you're going for some early 90's variant before rails were commonplace.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:12:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Just say you're going for some early 90's variant before rails were commonplace.
View Quote
Reed Knight watching clips on the news of Just Cause and seeing the taped up maglites is what got him inspired to find a better way of doing it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 2:20:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Well lets see....  Graduated High School in 90, married in 98.  Yep I'm so 90's.  Taping crap to your gun is home.  

Except I just broke my own rule and put a magpul grip on there.  I'm not sure it will stay.  But I kind of like it.  It's an MOE that has the more vertical angle.  I'm not sure I like that it's thinner than and A1/A2.  But I like the angle and feel for the most part.  It looks like..... stupid though.  Blaaaaaa.  I might try the BCM one too.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 2:46:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Well lets see....  Graduated High School in 90, married in 98.  Yep I'm so 90's.  Taping crap to your gun is home.  

Except I just broke my own rule and put a magpul grip on there.  I'm not sure it will stay.  But I kind of like it.  It's an MOE that has the more vertical angle.  I'm not sure I like that it's thinner than and A1/A2.  But I like the angle and feel for the most part.  It looks like..... stupid though.  Blaaaaaa.  I might try the BCM one too.
View Quote
Are you this broke or that cheap

Blah, I'll look inside the pay it forward box on the 25th of this month for our hometown shoot and see what I can find if possible to send your way.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 3:53:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#35]
Are you this broke or that cheap

Blah, I'll look inside the pay it forward box on the 25th of this month for our hometown shoot and see what I can find if possible to send your way.
View Quote

I've actually got a little bit of money to burn right now and I'm trying to figure out how to configure my gun.  The big issue is weight.  When it starts getting too front heavy, my right wrist takes a beating from manipulations, like practicing reloads.  Maybe the new grip will help.  IDK.  Maybe I'd get used to it after a while and the pain will go away.  I'm getting old though, and don't want to invoke some kind of permanent problem.  I hear so many people have to get that surgery.... oh what's it called when they get those wrist problems....   aaaaa, you know what I'm talking about.  I can't remember the name of it.  But they go in and scrape out the crap from parts of the wrist bones or something like that.  

Anyways....    I really do need a good light set up.

As far as broke and cheap.  A little bit of both.  There's really never enough money to go around.....  I guess most people on here don't have that problem.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:23:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#36]
OK, so I went the other way so you don't feel like you need to send me something.  Unless someone has one of them super nice insight lights laying around.  LOL.  I think they're only like 3 ounces....

I'll see if I can man up and run it like this for a bit.  I'm planning on going shooting Monday...  I need to do a low light / dark shoot soon.  

It's pretty much the same overall weight as my 20" A2 which never feels heavy to me.  It's just more front heavy.....  I could shed some weight by getting a different rear sight, but then it will just make it feel even more front heavy, I'm thinking.....

I could get the barrel reprofiled.....

I need a good sling.  Or a good way to mount my silent sling to it......  It needs more length though.  I do like the adjustable 2 points out there.  Those seem like the best way to go.  Like the Proctor one.  I'm not sure what other ones are adjustable.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 10:03:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Anderson lower
PSA everything else
Magpul MOE handguard and grip
MFT Battlelink Minimalist stock (hated the M4 adjustable stock)

May go with a red dot optic and rear BUIS

Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 5:52:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#40]
http://i.imgur.com/NLfJERX.jpg
View Quote
Nice sweater, grandpa.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Nice sweater, grandpa.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 11:19:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#42]
I'm going for that "I'm not going to be a problem" look, while I got my gunz underneath there.  Like Carol on the Walking Dead.   LOL.  

It's so comfy though.  And it was cold out....

As I yell to my son to make sure he didn't get anyone pregnant yet......  
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:20:43 PM EDT
[#44]
http://i.imgur.com/NLfJERX.jpg
View Quote
What the...

If you ever pay up, that has to be the avatar for you and I am glad to see that you now have a proper light mount.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:59:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#45]
I actually like that sweater.  It's really soft.    

I had the mount, I just was trying save weight. And tape is cool.    But I really like the way it is now.  Balances and shoots really nice.  I like that APL a lot too.  88 bucks on sale primary arms.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:35:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:04:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Airforcewes] [#48]
Pics below.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:24:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Airforcewes] [#49]
USAF Security Forces issued clone, pieced it together myself using all to spec parts, entire rifle with optic under $1,000.

Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:05:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Pre paint

Page / 89
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top