Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 112 of 145)
Page / 145
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jrs93accord:

Remember, these are "SPECIAL ORDER" items and ARE NOT part of their regular product line. That is why they WILL NOT appear on BCP's website. Personally, I see no problem in calling her to get one ordered. It is quite simple.
View Quote
Ridiculous
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:52:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Great info, thanks!
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 8:53:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Akin] [#3]
Quick follow-up question, I see some pics in this thread where the rifle has a magazine pouch on the buttstock. Is that part of a particular sling assembly, or is that an extra piece of kit?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 9:57:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#4]
Originally Posted By Akin:
Quick follow-up question, I see some pics in this thread where the rifle has a magazine pouch on the buttstock. Is that part of a particular sling assembly, or is that an extra piece of kit?

Thanks!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks!
Separate item entirely, though the Specter model has a sling loop built in.

ETA: Mine does anyway, web gear is not one of my strong points, so there may be variations I’m unaware of.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 2:26:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By C6H12O6:

Ridiculous
View Quote
Then have fun waiting.

I have no idea why BCP thinks these aren't worth stocking, but they will never stock it if we don't call and order them regularly.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 2:33:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Pothole:
Then have fun waiting.

I have no idea why BCP thinks these aren't worth stocking, but they will never stock it if we don't call and order them regularly.
View All Quotes

Ridiculous
Then have fun waiting.

Their markings aren't correct anyway.

It says the right things, but the font and placement are off. It's currently the best option, but I think PSA could do it better.

*shrug*
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:50:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Then have fun waiting.

View All Quotes

Then have fun waiting.

Supposedly if you call all they do is say they’ll produce them when they get enough interest.

Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

It says the right things, but the font and placement are off. It's currently the best option, but I think PSA could do it better.

*shrug*
I’m skeptical of PSA’s attention to detail on the M4A1s. At this point I’d be happy with the correct nomenclature. I’m thinking the font is gonna be gigantic & look weird but hopefully I’m wrong.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Supposedly if you call all they do is say they’ll produce them when they get enough interest.

I’m skeptical of PSA’s attention to detail on the M4A1s. At this point I’d be happy with the correct nomenclature. I’m thinking the font is gonna be gigantic & look weird but hopefully I’m wrong.
View All Quotes

Then have fun waiting.

*shrug*
It was my understanding that PSA was having the font verified as being correct, maybe I misunderstood?
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#9]
C6H12O6 has asked for that a few times in the PSA thread, but I never saw Josiah acknowledge his comments.

Hopefully he reached out to someone for verification.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:38:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#10]
C6H12O6 has asked for that a few times in the PSA thread, but I never saw Josiah acknowledge his comments.

View Quote
I guess that's what I was remembering.

I have a Block II build waiting on that lower, if it turns out poorly I may cry a little.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:42:57 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

Correct

I guess that's what I was remembering.

I have a Block II build waiting on that lower, if it turns out poorly I may cry a little.
Ha you & me both! I have (3) that I’m waiting to Form 1 so I’m hoping they’re not FUBAR’d.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Correct

Ha you & me both! I have (3) that I’m waiting to Form 1 so I’m hoping they’re not FUBAR’d.
View Quote
I'll be highly surprised if the font is correct. And they will not have the rolled look colt has. These will be engraved differently. I still want at least one to check out how they are.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#13]

ETA: Mine does anyway, web gear is not one of my strong points, so there may be variations I’m unaware of.
View Quote
This one? https://www.spectergear.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=981
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 2:05:56 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes

This one? https://www.spectergear.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=981
Looks like it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 3:48:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Changed things around

A4 Clone
by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:15:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By SoloDallas:
Changed things around

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4826/31738213707_490d2c74d2_h.jpg
A4 Clone
by SoloDallas, on Flickr
View Quote
Man, that's nice! A real classic.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Changed things around

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4826/31738213707_490d2c74d2_h.jpg
A4 Clone
by SoloDallas, on Flickr
View Quote
There's just something so sexy about an M16A4
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:09:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#18]
Originally Posted By cone256:

There's just something so sexy about an M16A4
View Quote
Absolutely.
Had to put this one back together (had separated upper and lower to have two A2's at the same time, then I told myself stop now and put it back together).

I'm reading several books about Marines deployed in the middle east (such as for example, Ambush Alley, which I am reading for the second time) and wanted to have my A4 on my side.

Sempre Fi!

A4 Clone
by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Tells us more about that stock.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 10:00:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#20]
Originally Posted By hypersport750:
Tells us more about that stock.
View Quote
Of course. It's one of the several, used (and abused) original Colt/USGI A2 stocks that have been used in the .Mil
There are a bunch more right now on eGay (like this), same as mine. They are worn out - naturally - which does contribute to the BTDT style that I have grown to like much more than flashy-new
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 10:20:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hypersport750] [#21]
copy, need to look. Saw a similar discolored stock on a A2 I want to clone. Got two new A2 stocks, but a good used and abused BTDT stock will make it more desirable.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 10:35:51 PM EDT
[#22]
copy, need to look. Saw a similar discolored stock on a A2 I want to clone. Got two new A2 stocks, but a good used and abused BTDT stock will make it more desirable.
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/hypersport750/Screenshot_20190107-125732_YouTube.jpg
View Quote
Roger that. I too, like you, started out with the mint stuff at first.
Then I'd picture it, look at it and it never really clicked.
Why?
Found: used stuff (as longs as still whole, no cracks, not broken and still functional) has more 3D depth.
The scratches, discoloring, the time that has passed over gear creates traits that add personality and depth - visually! - to items.

It was hard to accept, but I became more interested in used items than the new ones.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 10:55:14 PM EDT
[#23]
I am that way as well. Using more used parts with wear and distressing new lowers to match some use on them.

Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:43:39 AM EDT
[#24]
I am that way as well. Using more used parts with wear and distressing new lowers to match some use on them.

https://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/hypersport750/49725109_530094614159118_7429530099017318400_n.jpg

https://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/hypersport750/47377689_510501092785137_1465572132795711488_n.jpg
View Quote
Awesomeness.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:16:55 PM EDT
[#26]
You've got some of my favorite rifles and pictures on this site.

Link Posted: 1/13/2019 11:59:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 12:56:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:
I know it's been discussed, just interesting that there isn't a rear sight among them.
View All Quotes
I noticed that too. I think the majority of A4s out there don’t have them due to eye relief issues and/or uselessness. A few folks have posted pictures showing their ACOGs either mounted in front of a BUIS or all the way to the front of the upper receiver. Makes me wonder how they even shoot it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:16:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Is there a free float rail that looks “very close” to the KAC RAS?

KAC has a free float RAS that’s over $500
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:05:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#30]
Originally Posted By mdavis:

I noticed that too. I think the majority of A4s out there don't have them due to eye relief issues and/or uselessness. A few folks have posted pictures showing their ACOGs either mounted in front of a BUIS or all the way to the front of the upper receiver. Makes me wonder how they even shoot it.
View Quote
Agreed. After seeing Marines doing it, removed mine and brought Acog all the way back:

A4 Clone
by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:52:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By K5FAL:

View Quote
The RAS used on the A4 is not a free float version.  You can find them in the EE around $100+.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:53:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Agreed. After seeing Marines doing it, removed mine and brought Acog all the way back:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4843/39801704133_30f58fe926_b.jpg
A4 Clone
by SoloDallas, on Flickr
View All Quotes

I noticed that too. I think the majority of A4s out there don't have them due to eye relief issues and/or uselessness. A few folks have posted pictures showing their ACOGs either mounted in front of a BUIS or all the way to the front of the upper receiver. Makes me wonder how they even shoot it.

A4 Clone
by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Same here. I looked at getting a LaRue RCO mount to bring it all the way back, but that seemed like it would be too far back. Simply removing the BUIS and bringing the TA31 back a few notches provided a significantly better experience.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:37:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 03RN] [#33]

View Quote
I've seen the RAS on a national match free float tube before. Weighs a ton.

With kac rail panels the Daniel defense omega looks close
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:41:59 PM EDT
[#34]

A4 Clone
by SoloDallas, on Flickr
View All Quotes

A4 Clone
by SoloDallas, on Flickr
And practically speaking, the acog with a thumbscrew mount is pretty rugged. It's not like if it breaks in a fight you'll remove it and flip up the buis and re engage.

And further more. When we initially got the A4s they came with a carry handle. Which was either stashed, or screwed onto the rail so it wouldn't be lost if you had an acog. We didn't get buis. In 04-05
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 3:40:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

View Quote
Thanks, I’ll check it out.  If I’m going to spend a lot of money I might as well get the benefit of a FF rail, but I still want it to look close to the real thing.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 7:24:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Thanks, I’ll check it out.  If I’m going to spend a lot of money I might as well get the benefit of a FF rail, but I still want it to look close to the real thing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 03RN:

I’ve got two RAS’s on National Match float tubes.  It does extra weigh but isn’t too heavier. It’s not hard to do. You need to cut out the heat shields and the plastic spacers for the M-203.

Dan
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 1/17/2019 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Hotdog. Gets me every time.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:12:33 AM EDT
[#39]

Same here. I looked at getting a LaRue RCO mount to bring it all the way back, but that seemed like it would be too far back. Simply removing the BUIS and bringing the TA31 back a few notches provided a significantly better experience.
View Quote
@mdavis   Does the larue mount move the optic farther back so i can get better eye relief?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:57:24 AM EDT
[#40]
If your gonna shoot with an A2 stock and irons or ACOG, you're gonna have to learn to love blading. Toe in the shoulder pocket while standing, heel in pocket while prone.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:11:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By HighpowerRifleBrony:
If your gonna shoot with an A2 stock and irons or ACOG, you're gonna have to learn to love blading. Toe in the shoulder pocket while standing, heel in pocket while prone.
View Quote
At least with armor. I can square up without. I'm only 5-11 with proportionate arms.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 8:57:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By lafmedic1:
@mdavis   Does the larue mount move the optic farther back so i can get better eye relief?
View All Quotes

Yes if used as intended. If you look at how the mount is shaped, it is meant to utilize the very back portion of your upper receiver. Most people buy them because it uses a single lever vs. two, but its true purpose is the get the ACOG to the very rear of the upper to significantly help with eye relief when using an A2 stock. See link to LaRue’s website below. Look at one of the last pictures to see what I’m talking about.

LaRue RCO Mount
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 11:30:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Here's a few that I posted in the Vintage A2 thread.

All of these were taken at Camp Shelby, Mississippi from 2006-2008.

Dutch Royal Marine:

Canadian Army Dismounts:

Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:08:20 PM EDT
[#44]

Yes if used as intended. If you look at how the mount is shaped, it is meant to utilize the very back portion of your upper receiver. Most people buy them because it uses a single lever vs. two, but its true purpose is the get the ACOG to the very rear of the upper to significantly help with eye relief when using an A2 stock. See link to LaRue's website below. Look at one of the last pictures to see what I'm talking about.

LaRue RCO Mount
View Quote
Awesome typ
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Found it interesting the Canadians will mount the BUiS in front of the elcan
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:15:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dace] [#46]
View All Quotes
@lafmedic1

There are no BUIS in those pictures.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:19:34 PM EDT
[#47]
C7 and C8   Sorry Was thinking of the image in my head. I wonder if they zero that peep in place or zero and move forward
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Neat pics, it's interesting to see an earlier M68 and A2 handguards

That's giving me the idea to through a PRO and Matech on my Colt AR15A4

pic of AR15A4
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 9:59:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JLS81] [#49]

A4 Clone
by SoloDallas, on Flickr
View Quote
@SoloDallas ping

Looks like a mixed bag of lowers being used to mate up with Colt and FN A4 upper assemblies.

What lower are you using in your A4 clone?
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 145
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 112 of 145)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top