Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 111 of 145)
Page / 145
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 6:26:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone know of a retailer stocking the M951? And maybe a best price on NSN Slings? 45 bucks plus another 35 for the mount is kinda pricey for me
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 6:31:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lafmedic1:
Anyone know of a retailer stocking the M951? And maybe a best price on NSN Slings? 45 bucks plus another 35 for the mount is kinda pricey for me
View Quote
Arrives before Christmas.
https://www.amazon.com/SureFire-M951-KIT02-Millennium-Incandescent-WeaponLight/dp/B001V2Z9E8
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SoloDallas:
Look for London Bridge Trading Mag pouch. I couldn't find a Specter (in black) but found the London Bridge - I believe it was issued and/or used in the wild as well.

Here was the one I just purchased. Briefly looked for you but couldn't find one

ETA found! Get it before it disappears here
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StuartBoyer:
Now to find a black one for my second M16A4
Look for London Bridge Trading Mag pouch. I couldn't find a Specter (in black) but found the London Bridge - I believe it was issued and/or used in the wild as well.

Here was the one I just purchased. Briefly looked for you but couldn't find one

ETA found! Get it before it disappears here
Would that work with this sling adapter? https://www.blueforcegear.com/a2-buttstock-adapter.html I know the specters will.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Would that work with this sling adapter? https://www.blueforcegear.com/a2-buttstock-adapter.html I know the specters will.
View Quote
I haven't tried (but I can, later).

This is what she looks like on one of my A2's

A2 Clone
by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:23:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't tried (but I can, later).

This is what she looks like on one of my A2's

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4816/45367181985_3bb6738594_k.jpg
A2 Clone by SoloDallas, on Flickr
View Quote
Nice I'm building one of those now. Got two M16A4's army and Marine and that spawned to an early model SOCOM M4. Now I gotta have an A2 since they debuted in my birth year. Oh the clone game is killing me.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:34:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#6]
Nice I'm building one of those now. Got two M16A4's army and Marine and that spawned to an early model SOCOM M4. Now I gotta have an A2 since they debuted in my birth year. Oh the clone game is killing me.
View Quote
Awesome!
I don't think we have an alternative, you know. I think these are the classics - and one good American who's into rifles simply needs to collect at least one for every variation.

Look, it's been years and I can't get tired of looking at them. Provided you put them together well - nice parts, clean roll marks (if any) and some original parts, I think they yield satisfaction for years to come, whether we just look at them or shoot them, every once in a while.

PS

I haven't tried, but I think the London Bridge pouch is completely compatible with the accessory you mentioned earlier (which I do have in some box).
It will have a duplicate metal ring - as both the pouch and the adaptor have one - but other than that, it will work.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:23:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SoloDallas:[/b]
View Quote
Thanks just what I wanted to hear. I ordered it for now to tide me over till I find a Specter one around for a non arm and leg. That will complete my A4's to my satisfaction (aside from the nitride barrel on the army version but I plan to shoot that one out and replace it, PSA upper). I just got another Aero M16A4 marked lower to swap out on the palmetto lower I used on my Army A4 build. Got it on sale for less than 50 from Primary Arms and snagged the last one. Now both A4's will have decent looking  (but technically not correct) Aero Special Edition M16A4 marked lowers and will match the Aero Special edition M4 Carbine lower I got on the SOCOM build and the Palmetto lower will go on the A2 build. Funny got all the special edition Aero lowers only to find out after I bought the first one that they sold them on complete special edition guns starting this year but at least this way I get their lower and used it with all correct parts as I could. Couldn't justify the cost on a FN or Colt lower though I'd love to have one and it was too much of a hassle to do the 80% route where I'm at so the Aero ones had to do and to be honest look good.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 11:31:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Thanks just what I wanted to hear. I ordered it for now to tide me over till I find a Specter one around for a non arm and leg. That will complete my A4's to my satisfaction (aside from the nitride barrel on the army version but I plan to shoot that one out and replace it, PSA upper). I just got another Aero M16A4 marked lower to swap out on the palmetto lower I used on my Army A4 build. Got it on sale for less than 50 from Primary Arms and snagged the last one. Now both A4's will have decent looking  (but technically not correct) Aero Special Edition M16A4 marked lowers and will match the Aero Special edition M4 Carbine lower I got on the SOCOM build and the Palmetto lower will go on the A2 build. Funny got all the special edition Aero lowers only to find out after I bought the first one that they sold them on complete special edition guns starting this year but at least this way I get their lower and used it with all correct parts as I could. Couldn't justify the cost on a FN or Colt lower though I'd love to have one and it was too much of a hassle to do the 80% route where I'm at so the Aero ones had to do and to be honest look good.
View Quote
You know what it all means?

= it was meant to be.

That's what it means!
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 3:44:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ankratz] [#9]
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 6:17:52 PM EDT
[#10]
New family photo.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 6:55:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a Bushmaster XM-15E2S HBAR A3 Target (Windham, ME) setup with an A.R.M.S.® #59™M S.I.R.® System. Of course, it is not a typical A4 setup.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:52:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By jrs93accord:
I have a Bushmaster XM-15E2S HBAR A3 Target (Windham, ME) setup with an A.R.M.S. #59M S.I.R. System. Of course, it is not a typical A4 setup.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/76904/001_JPG-772274.JPG
View All Quotes
I have a Bushmaster XM-15E2S HBAR A3 Target (Windham, ME) setup with an A.R.M.S. #59M S.I.R. System. Of course, it is not a typical A4 setup.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/76904/001_JPG-772274.JPG
Cool, but not at all an A4 clone.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:53:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Noticed something for everyone wanting to use Aero Special Edition Lowers for their builds. The M16A4 lowers SKU# APAR148008C Which is what I used on my first Marine M16A4 build has the small "A" engraved on the right side of the magwell, same as with the Aero Special Edition M4 Carbine lower (I'll have to find the SKU). You could originally buy these separately as stripped lowers as I did before they started offered their own complete rifle offerings for clone builds. Originally you had to get these from a handful of vendors and Aero didn't have them listed on their site shop that I saw at the time (had to get mine from E-arms and Ground Zero Precision).
However they appear to no longer be making those, I guess hence Special Edition.  The SKU numbers has changed to APAR148017C  for the M16A4 now which you can buy at Aero Precision Site along with the M4, SKU APAR148018C. Both newer made ones no longer are listed as Special Edition and no longer has the small "A" on the right side of the magwell. Personally I like the newer ones that don't have the small "A". Didn't realize it till My new M16A4 lower arrived and it was missing the "A". The rest of the receivers and markings are the same. Guess i gotta buy a new M4 lower now since it looks better to me.

I'll post pics of the difference when I get her from my gun shop Monday if I can get there in time before they close to pick her up.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 10:40:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Any images of the M16A4 with a Aimpoint? Army issue? Lots of Marine A4s but no Army?
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:00:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RABIDFOX50:
Any images of the M16A4 with a Aimpoint? Army issue? Lots of Marine A4s but no Army?
View Quote
There's at least this one, and I took it from this thread.

Not Marines and Aimpoint Comp of some version

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 3:04:11 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote
https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/cqb-3-point-sling
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:20:18 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote
I posted a photo of mine on the previous page. I was issued an Aimpoint M68 back in 2005. ACOGs were still in short supply back then.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By KnightWhoSaysNi:

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/cqb-3-point-sling
View Quote
Goddamit I had searched so long for that exact sling in black... had to buy two different ones (from Specter) and blend them together to get that particular configuration. Goddamit (thanks for the link!)
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 7:53:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Would a Surefire 6P Or G2 be correct? I have both but no M951. I really dont want to buy another light
View All Quotes
Would a Surefire 6P Or G2 be correct? I have both but no M951. I really dont want to buy another light
We used both, purchased with personal funds.

Originally Posted By GHOS7:
Question guys: Working on a OIF era correct flat top M16A4 inspired build and would like to know if matech rear sights were ever used on the A4 configurations? Or was it just the KAC micro? Thanks
From what I saw, Army almost only used Matech.  Both the KAC and the Matech were in use with the Corps.

Link Posted: 12/20/2018 12:01:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Thank you all for the help! For the G2 was it zip tied or can you remember the mount?
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 4:32:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Almost done with my clone but I’m looking for a VFG we had circa 2007 (USMC) it also had bipod legs built in.  Of course we couldn’t use them but they were there.  We only had them for one year on the range in Okinawa, but they were there.  Anyone know what they were?
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 5:01:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By USMC7382:
Almost done with my clone but I’m looking for a VFG we had circa 2007 (USMC) it also had bipod legs built in.  Of course we couldn’t use them but they were there.  We only had them for one year on the range in Okinawa, but they were there.  Anyone know what they were?
View Quote
I'm assuming you were issued the Grip Pod.
Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 7:39:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 03RN] [#23]
Thank you all for the help! For the G2 was it zip tied or can you remember the mount?
View Quote
My g2 was duct taped to my SAW.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 11:45:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Thank you! Scored a 952 recently from another member here. Patiently waiting. I just need to break down and buy the NSN sling and mount
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 3:01:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dutchman84] [#25]
My a4ish build. BCM upper, bolt, KAC m5, Rock River lower and ssa-e. Saving for the correct Acog, sling, and light. Also need to switch back to the correct trigger guard. Now, I really want more 20 inchers.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 6:08:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JLS81] [#26]
Originally Posted By HighpowerRifleBrony:
View Quote
@HighpowerRifleBrony

According to FN specifications page their "Military Collector M16" is weighing in at a hefty 8.2 pounds

FN15 Military Collector

I'll get my girl on the scale once it arrives and is completed.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 8:14:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Gathering parts for a proper A4, and need a bit of advice.

Every part of the rifle will be FN, aside from the LPK (Geissele), and the stripped lower (PSA stealth). I want to get a UID tag, and I’m debating wether to use the numbers for a PSA lower, or if I should go with the FN numbers.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 10:38:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By JLS81:

@HighpowerRifleBrony

According to FN specifications page their "Military Collector M16" is weighing in at a hefty 8.2 pounds

FN15 Military Collector

I'll get my girl on the scale once it arrives and is completed.
View Quote
Loaded they're a hair under 9 lbs. Add an acog and you're north of 9.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 11:36:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

Every part of the rifle will be FN, aside from the LPK (Geissele), and the stripped lower (PSA stealth). I want to get a UID tag, and I’m debating wether to use the numbers for a PSA lower, or if I should go with the FN numbers.
View Quote
Use the Palmetto CAGE of 7XC20
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 11:54:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By NUJbrown:

Loaded they're a hair under 9 lbs. Add an acog and you're north of 9.
View Quote
Looking for rifle + sights and sling, unloaded.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 6:39:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#32]
Originally Posted By C6H12O6:
View All Quotes

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 7:32:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#33]
Does it have to be a 20" bbl?  A2 thread has 20" and 16" bbls

Attachment Attached File

Ok, I'll go post it in the M4 threads

CD
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 2:41:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Does it have to be a 20" bbl?  A2 thread has 20" and 16" bbls

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_6299_jpg-794525.JPG

Ok, I'll go post it in the M4 threads

CD
View Quote
What rail is that CD?
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 2:58:54 PM EDT
[#35]

What rail is that CD?
View Quote
DD M4 RIS II FSB.  Its a block II URG

CD
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 4:36:43 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm sure this has been asked before, but this thread is too big to page through and I'm not able to get the search function to give me anything useful back.

For my AR15A4 build, would putting a Colt side-mount sling on it, like M4s use, be appropriate?

I'm not building a perfect clone, so I may do it anyway, but I am curious.  (for example, I put a vortex flash hider on it)

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 12:35:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Akin:
I'm sure this has been asked before, but this thread is too big to page through and I'm not able to get the search function to give me anything useful back.

For my AR15A4 build, would putting a Colt side-mount sling on it, like M4s use, be appropriate?

I'm not building a perfect clone, so I may do it anyway, but I am curious.  (for example, I put a vortex flash hider on it)

Thanks!
View Quote
Not in the manual but could be done in the field.  Consider the Blank Firing Adapters getting used wrong.  Red is for rifle, Yellow is for the carbine.  You'll see them used everyway.

CD
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 3:23:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#38]
If anyone wants an M16A4 marked lower, I'd suggest making the request in this thread: https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Palmetto-State-Armory-has-lost-a-customer-/5-2109794/&page=264&anc=76533491#i76533491

This is already in the works due to high demand.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 5:38:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Not in the manual but could be done in the field.  Consider the Blank Firing Adapters getting used wrong.  Red is for rifle, Yellow is for the carbine.  You'll see them used everyway.

CD
View All Quotes

Thanks!

CD
Not to mention that they are the standard sling attachment for the M203 so I'm sure they've had a few floating around and find themselves attached to the A4.

Although, you have all that rail space, might as well use it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 9:15:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
Not to mention that they are the standard sling attachment for the M203 so I'm sure they've had a few floating around and find themselves attached to the A4.

View All Quotes

Thanks!

CD

So, maybe, maybe not on the side sling mount.

What about the actual sling itself? What’s proper? I see some pics with a regular nylon strap like what I used on my M16A2 back in the day when the Sovierts wanted to roll over us in the Fulda Gap, but some have something more advanced, like a three point sling, and some even have slings that have magazine pouches on the butstock...
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:23:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 5:45:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Postal0311:

From what I saw, Army almost only used Matech.  Both the KAC and the Matech were in use with the Corps.

http://www.wargamehk.com/images/M16A4ID.jpg
View All Quotes

Question guys: Working on a OIF era correct flat top M16A4 inspired build and would like to know if matech rear sights were ever used on the A4 configurations? Or was it just the KAC micro? Thanks

Any idea if the m203s we're barrel mounted or also just rail mounted? Looking to get a m203 and really wanna get a rail mounted one and throw it on all my guns... But a classic barrel mounted one would be cool.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:46:13 AM EDT
[#43]

What about the actual sling itself? What’s proper? I see some pics with a regular nylon strap like what I used on my M16A2 back in the day when the Sovierts wanted to roll over us in the Fulda Gap, but some have something more advanced, like a three point sling, and some even have slings that have magazine pouches on the butstock...
View All Quotes

Thanks!

CD

Back in the early 2000s we were still using the green web sling, sometimes with 550 cord etc. Some guys were using personally bought 3 point slings, most likely spectar gear.

Now it looks like they have standardized with the coyote brown bfg Vickers sling
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:47:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By JeredMD:
Any idea if the m203s we're barrel mounted or also just rail mounted? Looking to get a m203 and really wanna get a rail mounted one and throw it on all my guns... But a classic barrel mounted one would be cool.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JeredMD:

Barrel mounted
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
Blue Force Gear coyote-colored Vickers sling

M16 buttstock adapter - coyote

Rail-mounted fixed loop

Sling sleeve
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 6:46:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#46]
Anyone have some detailed pics of an FN rifle UID tag?

Got mine in the mail today, and I want to make sure the placement is correct.

I searched through the thread a little, but all of them that I found were either obstructed or too far away to tell if Colt or FN.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 6:54:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jrs93accord] [#47]
If anyone wants an M16A4 marked lower, I'd suggest making the request in this thread: https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Palmetto-State-Armory-has-lost-a-customer-/5-2109794/&page=264&anc=76533491#i76533491

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/123535/ECC6DB01-7922-4F95-BF73-23D0E5CA4B83_jpeg-775123.JPG
View Quote
Some of us already have M16A4 marked lowers made by Black Creek Precision.

Attachment Attached File

They will make these as a custom order since they already have the program on file. Mine is the first one we had made. I picked the serial number range myself. The 164 in the serial number denotes the M16A4 marked lower. We had some A2 lowers made as well.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 7:04:18 PM EDT
[#48]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/76904/008_JPG-799807.JPG

They will make these as a custom order since they already have the program on file. Mine is the first one we had made. I picked the serial number range myself. The 164 in the serial number denotes the M16A4 marked lower. We had some A2 lowers made as well.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/123535/ECC6DB01-7922-4F95-BF73-23D0E5CA4B83_jpeg-775123.JPG

I got in in on the A2 order, but had no intention of building an A4.

We see how that went.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote
I’ll place the order as soon as those guys put them as an available option on their site. I refuse to “call Tina” like it’s 1988 or something.

I don’t understand why they hate money.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 8:30:39 PM EDT
[#50]

I’ll place the order as soon as those guys put them as an available option on their site. I refuse to “call Tina” like it’s 1988 or something.

I don’t understand why they hate money.
View Quote
Remember, these are "SPECIAL ORDER" items and ARE NOT part of their regular product line. That is why they WILL NOT appear on BCP's website. Personally, I see no problem in calling her to get one ordered. It is quite simple.
Page / 145
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 111 of 145)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top