Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 133
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 11:55:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Changed out the 9" SWS rail for an SWS switchblock rail this morning. 12.5 inch barrel with mid-length gas system.  

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:27:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quasi Johnny Rifle I've been working on.

Link Posted: 4/3/2022 11:41:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:48:58 PM EDT
[#4]
My “DEVGRU” long before they started using them:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

And it’s big brother:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:54:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:23:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By x_red_beard_x:

Nice Iron Rangers!

Not sure if I posted this one or not.

https://i.imgur.com/WgrYcXU.jpg
View Quote

Blacksmiths, but thanks! I’m a sucker for the Heritage boots.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:21:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:
https://i.imgur.com/scG85A3.jpg
View Quote

Epic builds.  Mind dropping the paint codes for both of these?  Killer combo!
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:34:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 8:29:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WarNerve] [#9]
12.5” Crusader - All American Badass Rifle with German paint job and German glass.

Link Posted: 4/10/2022 8:35:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By WarNerve:
12.5” Crusader with German paint job and German glass.

https://i.imgur.com/194Kyi1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/UPIhqHc.jpg
View Quote

DAAAAAANG
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 8:40:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Gracias! Question, what is this? It’s not an iron on . . . or a sticker. What is it and what am I supposed to do with it?

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:37:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Better photo:

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:08:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Diplomat barrel and NSR handguard
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 8:34:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Am I the only person who gets agitated when you see a noveske receiver set and rail on someone’s build and they have a ballistic advantage barrel or really any barrel but noveske? Like I’ve seen dudes have everything, receiver, rail, BCG, flash can, noveske marked charging handle but then some other companies barrel. It makes me think of when guys clone a 60’s Camaro and put all the SS stripes and trim but then it’s some old v6 under the hood.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 8:41:41 AM EDT
[#15]
My Crusader upper finally got the N4 KM replaced with some Mlok.  I was in denial for a while

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 8:35:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:41:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Alaska511:
My Crusader upper finally got the N4 KM replaced with some Mlok.  I was in denial for a while

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/319881/IMG_5301x-2270070.jpg
View Quote

Very nice! Much 12.5” love. I’m upgrading my Crusader with RailScales and KAC Micro BUIS. Pics will follow.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 7:47:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Gracias! Question, what is this? It’s not an iron on . . . or a sticker. What is it and what am I supposed to do with it?

View Quote

Either sew it on or if its velcro, stick it on.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:29:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By TBone556:
Am I the only person who gets agitated when you see a noveske receiver set and rail on someone’s build and they have a ballistic advantage barrel or really any barrel but noveske? Like I’ve seen dudes have everything, receiver, rail, BCG, flash can, noveske marked charging handle but then some other companies barrel. It makes me think of when guys clone a 60’s Camaro and put all the SS stripes and trim but then it’s some old v6 under the hood.
View Quote

Haha!  You are not the only one!
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Scored an essentially new ‘14 Recon

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 2:37:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leonitus] [#21]
Diplomat

Link Posted: 4/21/2022 8:11:10 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

$100 barrels are just as good, haven't you heard?

They be nitrided, and stuff...
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

I’m guilty of it. I’ve got a BCM barrel in mine. Anxious to shoot it out. I’ll definitely replace it with a Noveske. I didn’t understand the difference when I assembled mine. Definitely regret it
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By jsxtreme:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Roger that! No velcro so I’m going to have to enlist the wife for some sewing.

Link Posted: 5/2/2022 1:57:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 4:17:55 AM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By stretch415:
There are alot of small picture threads on Noveske stuff so I thought I would request pics for a big one.  This is the thread for anything and everything Noveske!

well, the thread OP did say "anything and everything Noveske"...
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 8:32:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jsxtreme] [#27]
Very top of my bucket list of guns to own, the Noveske Space Invader pistol in factory bazooka green. Got a little damaged in shipping so I have some work to do.

Link Posted: 5/2/2022 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Any 15” SD Handguard builds out there?
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 11:38:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Very top of my bucket list of guns to own, the Noveske Space Invader pistol in factory bazooka green. Got a little damaged in shipping so I have some work to do.
https://i.imgur.com/r0lLayr.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2YQyinB.jpg
View Quote

Sweet. Definitely unicorns.

Link Posted: 5/2/2022 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:

Sweet. Definitely unicorns.

View Quote

Niiiice. What can you planning on running there? I'm thinking a Wolman.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Niiiice. What can you planning on running there? I'm thinking a Wolman.
View Quote

Depends on fitment/clearance for Mlok nuts. Either a Wolfman or Omega9k w/longer 3lug attachment.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#32]

https://i.imgur.com/r0lLayr.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2YQyinB.jpg
View Quote

What was damaged?  Can't send it back to Noveske for repair?
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 12:37:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jsxtreme] [#33]
Originally Posted By officerX:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By officerX:

Bought it technically used via private sale - but there were two loose mags bouncing around in the box so the handguard got dinged up. You can see one spot behind the railscale. I'm just going to recerekote the rail. There's a few spots on the receivers too, but not terrible. Going to shoot the shit out of it anyways.

Depends on fitment/clearance for Mlok nuts. Either a Wolfman or Omega9k w/longer 3lug attachment.

Right on.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 5:22:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Love those space invaders...  Need to keep my eye out for 1.  

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 9:54:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BoatingAccident] [#37]
My gen 3 upper landed today, and to my surprise it arrived with black cerakote over the anodizing, so it's fairly different looking than my lower...  On purely a visual basis, is the vote to anodize the upper, or cerakote the lower to match?

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:03:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By BoatingAccident:
My gen 3 upper landed today, and to my surprise it arrived with black cerakote over the anodizing, so it's fairly different looking than my lower...  On purely a visual basis, is the vote to anodize the upper, or cerakote the lower to match?
https://i.imgur.com/Yxh204a.jpg?3
View Quote
Dev rifle.
Matching Noveske's Frying pan finish will be difficult. Imo, it would be easier cerokoting the lower to match.

The correct answer however, is to Cerokate the rail, upper and lower to H-265
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:39:18 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Yes, cerkakote the upper, lower, and rail together. Having them sprayed and baked together is the best way to get a consistent finish.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:34:21 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

I’m pretty sure the upper is anodized under the Cerakote. At least my Gen 3 Noveskes have been.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 9:02:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Bc picture thread:

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Dev rifle.
Matching Noveske's Frying pan finish will be difficult. Imo, it would be easier cerokoting the lower to match.

The correct answer however, is to Cerokate the rail, upper and lower to H-265
View Quote

Already have one dev build, so the thought was to keep this one black, buttttt realizing this is probably going to have to be cerakoted to match... Maybe one more dev clone doesn't hurt
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:18:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:54:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Kinda wanting to break this down and create an SD mini rec version.
https://i.imgur.com/RFSGNFN.jpg
View Quote

@2Keylows

Did you ever end up using that SD rail and creating an SD mini?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:21:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Claytonhoneyberry:
@2Keylows
Did you ever end up using that SD rail and creating an SD mini?
View Quote
@Claytonhoneyberry Sorry man, I didn't see your tag.
I did have it assembled, but ditched the idea when I put a couple rounds down the setup. If your familiar with the annoyances on the SD Honey Badger; same applies to that setup.

SD rails work much better (imo) with a 9mil base.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 2:16:39 PM EDT
[#47]
@Claytonhoneyberry Sorry man, I didn't see your tag.
I did have it assembled, but ditched the idea when I put a couple rounds down the setup. If your familiar with the annoyances on the SD Honey Badger; same applies to that setup.

SD rails work much better (imo) with a 9mil base.
https://i.imgur.com/EsbWcr9.jpg
View Quote

Ive been thinking about doing a SB infidel build, but never had one. Whats the biggest pain, the heat?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Ive been thinking about doing a SB infidel build, but never had one. Whats the biggest pain, the heat?
View Quote

Heat and the Mlok slot attachments.
A couple mags of supers and you start feeling it through the glove.
ID on the SD is roughly 1.61, so 1.5 OD cans are biggest you can go, while still having the ability to use the Mlok attachments. (You'll need to shave down a significant amount of the Mlok nut and shorten the screw)
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#49]

Heat and the Mlok slot attachments.
A couple mags of supers and you start feeling it through the glove.
ID on the SD is roughly 1.61, so 1.5 OD cans are biggest you can go, while still having the ability to use the Mlok attachments. (You'll need to shave down a significant amount of the Mlok nut and shorten the screw)
View Quote

I was wondering about that 2nd part, thanks. With the infidel barrel and a 15" SD rail only ~1.3" would be under the rail. Would help with those issues, but at the same time I don't think its really worth doing if I'm only tucking that much of the can.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:12:48 PM EDT
[#50]
I was wondering about that 2nd part, thanks. With the infidel barrel and a 15" SD rail only ~1.3" would be under the rail. Would help with those issues, but at the same time I don't think its really worth doing if I'm only tucking that much of the can.
View Quote

Yeah with that setup, I couldn't see that being an issue.
I get it though, the whole point is getting that super tucked look lol.
Page / 133
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top