Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/13/2006 1:16:43 PM EDT
I want to put a new flash suppressor/muzzle brake on my bushy.  I am looking into the vortex, phantom, and the troy industries midieval cqb.  Does anyone own and/or have used the troy industries before?? if so how well does it work.  I love the way it looks but also want it to perform well also.  I would like to reduce recoil and flash at the sametime.  I really would like info on the troy supressor.  or any others you may recommend.  thanks again for the help..
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:25:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I want to put a new flash suppressor/muzzle brake on my bushy.  I am looking into the vortex, phantom, and the troy industries midieval cqb.  Does anyone own and/or have used the troy industries before?? if so how well does it work.  I love the way it looks but also want it to perform well also.  I would like to reduce recoil and flash at the sametime.  I really would like info on the troy supressor.  or any others you may recommend.  thanks again for the help..

I love my phantom.  

Are you, by chance, in lubbock?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#3]
not anymore, just moved back to my hometown in december.  any others other than the phantom.. what kind of change could you tell in the phantom??  Surely someone has used the troy industries 1.. Thanks for the responses guys.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:04:49 PM EDT
[#4]
From my guesstimations, the phantom works better than the A2 flashhider, I don't shoot that much at dark.  I love the look of the vortex, but not the price.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#5]
i guess flash isnt a main concern since i will be doing most or all shooting during the day.  So i guess i would like to know more about recoil, muzzle flip ect.. I have heard with a good 1 you can reduce muzzle flip to almost nothing? I may be wrong and thats why im looking for info, but thanks again for responding.. U from luubock??
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:22:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know if there is a noticable difference, but I didn't test them back to back either.  

Yup, Lubbockite here.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Phantom.

img404.imageshack.us/img404/8375/p10600048009mc.jpg

+1

i guess flash isnt a main concern since i will be doing most or all shooting during the day. So i guess i would like to know more about recoil, muzzle flip ect.. I have heard with a good 1 you can reduce muzzle flip to almost nothing? I may be wrong and thats why im looking for info, but thanks again for responding.. U from luubock??

i think that you are taking about a muzzle break...
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:22:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top