Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/13/2006 5:15:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/13/2006 5:15:34 AM EDT by DrDeath]
I bought a 24inch Bull barreled varmint upper off of a friends family estate sale(this guy died). There are no markings on the upper- so I have no idea who made it. This upper is the most accurate upper I have ever shot , so I'm keeping it. The problem is that it has a full length free float tube on it & who ever put the bipod stud on ,put it on a little off center, so now when shooting with a bi-pod the view looks canted thru the scope. I was thinking abouth a full length four rail handguard that goes all the way back to the top of the flattop receiver- , or is there a easier way to attach a stud & have it centered on this tube? How do you guys do it? I've done four free float tubes & to be honest- they're all just a cunt hair off center...I can never get it "JUST RIGHT"....any help would be great!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:34:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/13/2006 5:35:19 AM EDT by Big-FED]
Uhm, what brand bipod do you have? The Harris Series "S" allows compensation for uneven ground and canting. That should solve the issue. Getting a new bipod sounds cheaper/easier than screwing aound with "adjusting" or replacing the forearm.

ETA: Have you had your eyes checked recently?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:44:17 AM EDT
Top Top