Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 9:09:19 PM EDT
Just different terminology or what?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:24:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I think so
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#2]
A bull barrel is even heavier. Some are almost an inch at the muzzle. HBARs are around .750" at the muzzle.

And both are too heavy for almost anything.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:28:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Bulls tend to be very fat, all the way to the muzzle.
Hbars can step at the FSB
look at the DPMS website
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:29:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Plus most bull barrel's are Stainless varmiter type percision barrel's other then just being heavy'er then reg h-bars

-Troy
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:40:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I think bull barrels are barrels that are a uniform thickness along their entire lenght.

H-Bars are thicker than regular barrels, but can vary in thickness along their lenght.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Already thanks guys.  Just had to clarify that because I rarely heard the term bull barrel used around here.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:17:55 AM EDT
[#7]
bull barrel would be a CMP legal barrel w/ max dimensions. A hbar is a heavy barrel, but not as heavy as a bull barrel.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top