Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/8/2006 8:57:39 AM EDT
OK guys, I just got a Stag Model 4 (20" A3) and it wouldn't eject the casings and the bolt got stuck forward when using Wolf 55gr FMJ. So after hearing everyone tell me it was my ammo, I went out and bought a box of Federal (20 rnds, $12).

The Federal ammo didn't short stroke til about the 10th round. The rifle ejected the ammo but it never fed the next round, so I had to manually cock it each time. Then on the 10th round it short stroked and I said F**K IT and took out the Bushmaster and had a field day with my Wolf.

I even swapped the lowers and bolts to see if maybe it was the Stag bolt, but sure enuff I still had issues so the problem has got to be in the Stag upper and/or barrel...

Any ideas guys??
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:32:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:33:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I had the same problem with mine.  The first 5 or so rounds of Q3131 would fire fine, and then it would short stroke like fuck.  Either jamming horribly, or just not loading another round, requiring it to be cocked again.

Sent it back to Stag.  I just received it back the other day, and it looks like they did nothing to it.

It was apparently shot, and was heavily lubed on the carrier.  Haven't shot it yet, and they haven't replied to my emails as to what they have done to it.

I'm trying to figure out if it's still the same bolt/carrier that was in there when I sent it to them.

They paid for me to send it back though, and said a full report would be done on it, and that they would fire many ammo manufacturers to make sure it works.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The upper isn't going to do it, but the chamber could be tight.  Call up Stag and explain the problem.  

I'm hoping that you have cleaned and lubed it?  I don't think that was ever answered in your last thread, or if it was, I missed it.

Oh yeah, the rifle has been cleaned and lubed.. Always clean them when I get them from the gun store...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top