Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/7/2006 9:22:39 PM EDT
Does LMT make Lauer Custom Weaponry or was it CMT?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:50:44 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:46:04 PM EDT
[#2]
LMT makes Lauer Custom Weaponry lowers.

CMT makes lowers for Stag Arms, RRA, High Standard, Noveske, Global Tactical, S&W and some more other brands.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:52:01 PM EDT
[#3]
My updated list:

LMT = LMT, Bushmaster, Lauer, DS Arms, PWA, Eagle, Knights Armament, Barrett, Armalite
CMT = Stag, RRA, High Standard, Noveske, (new) Century, Global Tactical, CLE, S&W, MGI, Wilson Tactical, Colt
LAR = LAR, Bushmaster, Ameetech, DPMS, CMMG, Double Star, Fulton
JVP = Double Star, LRB
MMS = Mega, Gunsmoke, Dalphon, POF, Alexander Arms,
Olympic = Olypmic, SGW, Tromix, Palmetto, Dalphon, Frankford, (old) Century
Sun Devil = Sun Devil forged billet receivers
Superior = Superior Arms

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:42:53 AM EDT
[#4]
CMT = Colt
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:09:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks to ALL!

xenophobe how exactly did you aquire all that info?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Last I heard CMMG was making their own lowers now. I may be mistaken though and it wouldn't be the first time
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#7]
LMT made some lowers for Bushmaster. IIRC they were L-prefix serials.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:13:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
LMT made some lowers for Bushmaster. IIRC they were L-prefix serials.

Cool. Must have been during the AWB. Mine came with the notoriously dreaded mini-y.

HS1
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:19:35 PM EDT
[#9]

xenophobe how exactly did you aquire all that info?

I originally found a thread here started by user j3_ with a few manufacturers listed....  Being in California, I work at a shop that is selling off-list lowers.  Between the ones I've bought and all the ones I have personally examined, plus what I've gathered from arfcom (Colt, Bushmaster and KAC), have been added onto this original list:

LAR = Bushy, Ammetec, (forged) DPMS, Grizzly
CMT= RRA, CMT, Stag, (newer)Century, CLE
LMT= LMT, Lauer, PWA, DSA, Eagle
JV Precision= LRB, Double Star
Olympic= Olympic, SGW, TRomix, Palmetto, (some) Dalphon, Frankford Arsenal, (old) Century, + many others.
Mega Machine= Mega, (some) Dalphon, Stinger

Quoted:
Last I heard CMMG was making their own lowers now. I may be mistaken though and it wouldn't be the first time

CMMG's current cut is most definitely a LAR.  I'm not sure who cut the earlier recessed bordered logo version...

Quoted:
CMT = Colt

I added that, but my Colt CAR-A3 H-BAR Elite does not appear to be a CMT cut, and the forging is completely different from the front pivot support to the rear stregthening buffer tube attachment point.  It actually shares similarities from both CMT and LMT, but nothing I can see really pushing it one way or another, which could mean some other company cut this one....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top