Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/7/2006 5:38:58 PM EDT
trying to find a detail of how it's bolt carrier and buffer work. Haven't had any luck online myslef, as was hoping one of you gurus out there might have a schematic or some such.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:28:38 PM EDT
no one has one of these?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:18:06 PM EDT
Had one, don't any longer. I don't have the link, but you can download the manual off the Olympic Arms website. Should have a schematic there.
They really don't have a buffer, they work with a recoil spring / operating rod connecting to the top of the bolt carrier. Carrier is a dedicated item (OA only, no substitutions), it is shorter than mil-spec because it has no buffer tube to go into.
The one I had was a great shooter, I just decided that the non-spec parts and the un-necessity of a folding stock on a rifle weren't for me. YMMV
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:21:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:25:10 PM EDT
am i seeing this right? is the recoil spring inside the gas piston tube?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:52:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/10/2006 7:54:44 PM EDT by 2hawk]
No gas piston on this the OA93 systems, they're direct impingement. You can see the gas tube in it's usual location.
Instead of the standard AR spring/ buffer assy, the OA has an operating rod and spring over the bbl. and receiver. That's why there's no buffer tube.
Oly doesn't have a big following on this site, but there is a dedicated Oly Owners Group. You might get a better response there.
Here's another site with some info you might be interested in

OA93 Series
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:44:39 AM EDT
actually you answered all my questions, on final analysis, no Oly for me.

Thanks for the help
Top Top