Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 1:56:55 PM EDT
Looking for one set of double-walled M4 HandGuard for my Oly upper. I got one made by Colt, but it is too long to install.

Sombody told me the Colt M4 HG is longer than regular ones. Is it true?

If so, who else make double-walled M4 HGs? Who has them in stock?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#1]

I think CMMG usually has them.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:49:10 PM EDT
[#2]

I have the Colt M4 handguards.
IIRC, CMMG makes them as well.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I think those are better than the round ones that RRA and Bushie puts out IMHO.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:02:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Bushmaster M4 handguards should have a double shield. They changed from single just before the Colt lawsuit, then stopped selling them due to the lawsuit. Since that has been resolved, they are selling them again. I picked up a few pairs before they were discontinued and they are nicer than my Colt M4's. Has anyone bought the post-lawsuit Bushy's to confirm the style?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:00:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Sigh...

I am asking for the double-walled HG OTHER THAN Colt. Any info?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sigh...

I am asking for the double-walled HG OTHER THAN Colt. Any info?

umm, what part of CMMG, and LMT did you not understand?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:14:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Bushmaster M4 handguards should have a double shield. They changed from single just before the Colt lawsuit, then stopped selling them due to the lawsuit. Since that has been resolved, they are selling them again. I picked up a few pairs before they were discontinued and they are nicer than my Colt M4's. Has anyone bought the post-lawsuit Bushy's to confirm the style?

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:32:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I bought a set a little while back.  They are very nice and sturdy, fit like a glove (very tight, no rattle) compared to the crappy RRA ones I had, and have double heat shields.

The only thing out of the ordinary was that the heat shields are black, which I think is cool.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:06:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I emailed Bushmaster tech support asking if their M4 handguards are double heat shields. Here is the reply I got:

"They have single heat shields with a double row of vents in them. They are in stock."

$42.50 + $10 shipping for single heat shield hgs? No thanks.

Claymore: I'm no expert on Colt handguards but I've never heard of them being longer than others or too long to install.  Are you sure you are installing them right? Put the front end in first, then pull back on the delta ring and bang it against a table to lock it in.  Or you could sell them to me.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top