Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/5/2006 9:21:48 PM EDT
Thanks for those who helped and believed and no thanks to those who called me a liar.

I will no longer be posting because I don't like being called a liar or that I'm giving a BS story.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:00:39 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What is the best least expensive lower for a double star lower

cheapest lower for a double star lower?

maybe another doublestar lower
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:08:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I think perhaps you'll have other issues living where you are........

for instance, this issue in this cut/paste taken from Lone Star:

DPMS..................$174.95
Rock River Arms.......$179.95
( ROCK RIVER NOW IN STOCK)
Double Star...........$154.95
Stag Arms.............$149.95
High Standard.............$164.95
No sales to California
FFL required

Being in CA, means you have to have a special 10 rnd only, top loader type, fixed mag AR15 lower, unless your planning on breaking the law.

Mike

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:41:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:14:29 AM EDT
[#4]
For what its worth, I love mine. The fit and finish was perfect and the logo (which I know has no effect on function/reliability) was, dare I say it, just cool. No hard feeling toward you stag guys.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:21:36 AM EDT
[#5]
think he is trying to get in on the loophole deal but most dealers still wont ship to CA
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:22:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:25:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I think perhaps you'll have other issues living where you are........

for instance, this issue in this cut/paste taken from Lone Star:

DPMS..................$174.95
Rock River Arms.......$179.95
( ROCK RIVER NOW IN STOCK)
Double Star...........$154.95
Stag Arms.............$149.95
High Standard.............$164.95
No sales to California
FFL required

Being in CA, means you have to have a special 10 rnd only, top loader type, fixed mag AR15 lower, unless your planning on breaking the law.

Mike

Thousands of Double Star receivers have come to Kali in the last 8 months.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:56:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I take issue with the word "loophole", that implies that us law abiding CA gun owners are doing something wrong.  We are not, we are excercising our 2nd Amendment rights on firearms not covered by CA's crap written so-called "Assault Weapons" ban.

That said, I love my Doublestar, the open  magwell version IS the CA-legal version! Stick that in yer pipe!

For the original poster, buy what you can for whatever reasonable price you before the CA Dept. of Injustice adds these lowers to the banned list.  Don't bitch about a couple of bucks, otherwise you might be SOL.

There is a small chance in hell, that we may be able to restore our neutered AR-15 rifles to full functionality after they are banned and registered as "Assault Weapons", if not...I still paid a hell of a lot less than I would of for a FAB-10, and AZ and NV are a road trip away!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:08:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a Double Star lower with CMMG (or CMT can't remember) upper.  Fit is good.  I like the DS lowers.  Good color, good machining.

I have a DS pistol lower with DS upper.   Fit is amazing.  Literally the best fit between an upper and lower I've seen in a long time.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for those who helped and believed and no thanks to those who called me a liar.

I will no longer be posting because I don't like being called a liar or that I'm giving a BS story.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Hmmm.
I just purchased 2 lowers from Gunrunners.  I'm in dros right now.  That's the other sh!t of CA.  A 10 day wait (really 12).  Since I can't get there from L.A. till the weekends (heck, I work ya know), I can't pick them up till April 15.  The deal is, the mag needs to be blocked/locked in place, requiring 'tools and time' to remove UNTIL it gets added to the Named List.  Then, you register it as an assault rifle, and off comes the mag lock and in goes your interchangable mags.  Thank you Gunrunners for getting me my doublestars.   As long as I leave the 'protruding grip' off, or lock the mag in place, requiring tools to remove, I am legal.  And I hope to have one upper completed by the 15th (come on with my tools and handguard Bushmaster!)

Lois
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hmmm.
I just purchased 2 lowers from Gunrunners.  I'm in dros right now.  That's the other sh!t of CA.  A 10 day wait (really 12).  Since I can't get there from L.A. till the weekends (heck, I work ya know), I can't pick them up till April 15.  The deal is, the mag needs to be blocked/locked in place, requiring 'tools and time' to remove UNTIL it gets added to the Named List.  Then, you register it as an assault rifle, and off comes the mag lock and in goes your interchangable mags.  Thank you Gunrunners for getting me my doublestars.   As long as I leave the 'protruding grip' off, or lock the mag in place, requiring tools to remove, I am legal.  And I hope to have one upper completed by the 15th (come on with my tools and handguard Bushmaster!)

Lois

A blocked over 10 round mag on your CA-legal fixed mag AR-15 = illegal "assault weapon".  Only use 10 round mags period.

Simply removing or cutting down the pistol grip does not give you the legal ability to use detachable magazines on your AR, you need to remove the flash hider or replace with a muzzle break and remove any telescoping/folding stocks and forward vertical fore-grips.

It's not set in stone that we'll be able to restore our CA-legal AR-15 rifles to full functionality after they are added to the banned list and registered.  There will probably be a legal challenge to to counter this memo put out by CA-DOJ: caag.state.ca.us/firearms/forms/pdf/ar15notice.pdf  

Please review this CA AR/AK FAQ to avoid inadvertantly breaking the law and getting busted and/or convicted: www.calguns.net/a_california_arak.htm

Happy shooting!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top