Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/5/2006 4:24:36 PM EDT
I was looking into the super tac or the auto burst trigger system from Hellfire for my AR-15. Anyone have any expierence with these. Just want it for fun.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#1]
no experience personally but a buddy had one and said it was crap.  Others on the board have said dupe to.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:57:45 AM EDT
[#2]
i had one i could not get it to work they are junk
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:34:30 AM EDT
[#3]
crapola
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:47:22 AM EDT
[#4]
The GAT (read Gattling) trigger crank works.  Click the information tab above for a review.  The Hellfire-type trigger activators do not work with any regularity or at all.  Use of a bipod allows more accurate fire with a GAT system.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#5]
junk don't waste your money.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:02:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Had one for another firearm years ago. Junk.

Learn to bump fire. Right index finger!  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:08:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I heard they work great underwater, the guy selling them told me they were Army SEAL issue...
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The GAT (read Gattling) trigger crank works.  Click the information tab above for a review.  The Hellfire-type trigger activators do not work with any regularity or at all.  Use of a bipod allows more accurate fire with a GAT system.

What tab?

Are you just copying from other websites?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:39:37 AM EDT
[#9]
The information tab is at the top of this page, below the Stag Arms green advertsiment, between the services tab and the equipment tab and is immediately above the hometown tab.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:41:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Ive heard bad things. Never heard of the Gatling thing though.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:10:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Hellfire and other fulcrum-type trigger systems are notoriously bad.  IF you want to get one to work, you had better have a light trigger to begin with, and even then it probably still won't work the way you want it to.

If you want something to have fun with, get the GAT system.  Very reliable but it's not something you would ever want to leave on your rifle.

www.ar15.com/content/products/triggers/gat/
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I had a BMF Activator (similar to the GAT) on my 10/22 in '93, I sold it to a guy I worked with and he put it on an AK or SKS I think. IIRC there was a warning that came with the BMF that stated it was illegal to install the thing on anything other than a .22 LR... I could be mistaken....

- Clint
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:35:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I heard they work great underwater, the guy selling them told me they were Army SEAL issue...

What's wrong with that? I was an Army Seal back in the day, not enough action so I hooked up with the Navy Rangers.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:57:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's wrong with that? I was an Army Seal back in the day, not enough action so I hooked up with the Navy Rangers.

Pansy.  Us space shuttle door gunners are in the shit for real.  I've seen Sonic carhops that are tougher than Navy Rangers.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

..........................but wait..............I thought that they were Navy Rangers.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:10:47 PM EDT
[#16]
You guys should join the Airborne Scuba Ninja Power Rangers, they are the toughest around, puts the Navy Rangers to shame.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I was looking into the super tac or the auto burst trigger system from Hellfire for my AR-15. Anyone have any expierence with these. Just want it for fun.

I don't know about for the AR but my buddy bought one for his MAK  a few years ago.  Never worked and is cheap crap.  IF you can't make an AK work with crap it sure wont work in an AR.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:13:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks alot for everyones responses so far I don't think Ill be wasting the money on one of these. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#19]
If you weren't a Coast Gaurd Otter you weren't shit.  Who do you think taught the SEALS to swim.  The Otters are the masters of all they observe.  We would go ashore with a single shot .22 survival rifle and 1000 rounds in our left pocket and 1000 rounds in the right pocket.  We could take over small countries!!

Otters rule!!

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Let me guess, it was at a Gun Show.  Probably the Bill Goodman.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:28:20 PM EDT
[#21]
You Navy Rangers, Army SEALs and Space Shuttle Door Gunners have got nothing on us 1337 commandos of the 67th Chairborne, we could pwn all your n00b /\$$es.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:43:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:49:33 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
junk don't waste your money.

It seems that those who buy them are just trying to find that elusive shortcut to the $10-$20,000 it takes to go with a real-deal full-auto set-up.

This ----> <----seems to fit the Hellfire trigger pretty well

Of course YMMV

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top