Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/4/2006 1:27:52 PM EDT
I noticed that my Stag/CMT M4 flat top upper had a sticking forward assist (the initial push required a lot of force). I removed it at first to clean it but did not find any weird residue. Upon closer examination I discovered the source of the problem.

A section of the pawl kept rubbing against the Forward Assist rollpin. I have no idea why this happened on this setup and not my RRA upper. I used a file and removed some extra material where it was clearly rubbing. I slapped it back together and the FA is as smooth as the FA on the RRA.

The green arrow shows the part of the pawl that needs filing (this is a top view):
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:30:10 PM EDT
[#1]
problem solved?

i would have torn it apart as well and put the file to it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep! The FA works properly now. I could "jam" the FA previously by tugging on it as hard as I could, which would then require excessive force to push in the FA (it would feel "sticky"). Now the FA works like it should! This may not be the solution to all sticky/jamming Forward Assist assemblies, but it would be a good place to start.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top