Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/4/2006 11:20:19 AM EDT
Hello all.  I've been lurking awhile and after reading lots of posts, I'm going to get a SOPMOD M4gery.  My intent was to build one myself from mostly LMT parts.  I was going to go with either a KAC or LaRue FF RAS and a heavy contour barrel rather than an M4 barrel.  The look of the barrel means squat to me but heavy barrel = greater accuracy.  Though I am not sure barrel profle makes that much of a difference with a short barrel anyway.  In any case, LMT sells complete weapons to LE and military on a custom order basis.  No extra fees, just pick the parts from the catalog and LMT assembles and test fires.  So I may just order one instead.  My intended use beyond plinking and shredding targets is to use the rifle as a home defense weapon.  I love my SIG but 30rds of 5.56 says "please leave the premises, thank you" with a little more authority.  The parts I'm set on are the 14.5" upper and the SOPMOD lower with 2 stage trigger.  Probably the battlegrip, too, because it looks comfy and sounds cool .  LMT offers an enhanced BCG and heavy weight buffer.  Anyone have experience with the enhanced parts?  Would there be cycling problems using the enhanced BCG with the heavy buffer?  Do any of these parts offer an actual benefit or are they just another way to  spend $$$ on something that isn't needed?  Thanks for any guidance you can provide. CR
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:04:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Hi:

I have had great and positive experience with all LMT products.  I have the enhanced bolt and bolt carrier in all three of my class 3 firearms (M4)  and they all work like a charm, never any problems as long as I use good quality ammunition and magazines.

Also, all three of my M4 have LMT uppers, two with MRPs (CQB with 14.5-inch barrels) and one with a standard 14.5-inch barrel.  Again, all work great with the MRPs having great accuracy and the standard 14.5 inch have very good to good accuracy.

I think you cannot go work with LMT products and the standard 14.5-inch upper with the standard GI M4 carbine barrel will work great for you.

Good luck and good shooting….

MP5 Machinenpistole
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:35:57 AM EDT
[#2]
LMT M4 barrels are light under the handguards.

You will need a Colt SOCOM M4A1 from skich on the EE or a clone from CMMG.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:45:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't want to tote around a HBAR or SOCOM profile, unless I was building a machinegun, and doing lots of full auto dumps.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:33:32 AM EDT
[#4]
MP5,
Thanks for the info.  If I could afford it, I'd go with the MRP-- it seems to be about the finest upper out there for a rail application.  You don't need both, do ya? hink
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top